• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 6:38 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2010
1613 posts
822 upvotes
toronto

above ground pools

just seems right now that there are alot less above ground pools for sale..the steel ones you put up, not inflatable....checked canadian tire, home depot, costco, wallmart...i remember just in april on there sites they had alot more for sale....anyone else finding this..as well if you do find one,,it seems they have raised the price a fair amount than it was...was looking 17 by 9 feet approx
No advertising in avatars or sigs
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8428 posts
4673 upvotes
Durham
Both neighbours (one on each side) having above ground pools ... one purchased last year ... one purchased 4 years ago.

The immediate neighbour beside the one on the left has an above ground pool (purchased this year).

Across the street, another neighbour has an above ground pool (purchased last year).
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
While an inground pool tends to look nicer - I had one and then had to bury it. If I were to do it again I would get an above ground pool and spend some money on some wood decking around it.

Leaks would be easier to fix, lower total cost of purchase, less disruptive to install and remove.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
This is the year of backyard toys, furniture, etc. Lots of people are home and looking for their kids to have something to do with no summer camps etc.
Jan 22, 2012
654 posts
276 upvotes
Bradford
We looked at installing an above ground pool. Wasn’t going to be able to happen this summer because of the backlog.

Lots of people looking for things to do while they stay at home.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Jerico wrote: This is the year of backyard toys, furniture, etc. Lots of people are home and looking for their kids to have something to do with no summer camps etc.
This

It all comes down to a HUGE DEMAND due to Covid

Saw a CTV News story earlier this week ... interview with a major pool Co said they were totally SOLD OUT for the entire season (both above ground & In ground installations)

They were already booking into 2021

Understand things are similar right across the board ... Pools, Hot tubs, backyard play sets etc
Flew off the shelves like hot cakes in May
None to be found anywhere now
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
Sadly #outofstock is the new 2020 trend for just about everything
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Oct 17, 2007
83 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone considered ordering a pool frim China (Ali Express)? Seems a bit risky to me but the wife is really desperate to get something to keep the kids occupied, and I don't know what other options might be available before mid-July or so ...

No idea what shipping might cost, either.

On a related note, there's some serious price-gouging going on on Kijiji ... Like 4x mark-up relative to store cost ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)