Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Canada

Toronto > Hong Kong > Singapore > Manila > Tokyo > Toronto - RT $1228

[OP]
May 27, 2007
16047 posts
4506 upvotes
Toronto

[Air Canada] Toronto > Hong Kong > Singapore > Manila > Tokyo > Toronto - RT $1228

Not for everyone. But if you want to visit some of the best places in Asia, here's your chance to do it all at once! #YOLO

- Appears available in Sept-Nov 2015.
- Dates/Duration are flexible (extend/shorten your stay depending on your preference).
- 5 separate journeys, with the trans-pacific legs operated by Air Canada.

Sample Itinerary: Toronto > Hong Kong > Singapore > Manila > Tokyo > Toronto: $1542.96 $1473.96 $1228

Searchable on GF/ITA, bookable on United.

Happy flying! ;)

Found some cheaper dates... I would play around and see if you can get any lower.

EDIT: Another member found an itinerary for $1228!
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
74 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3665 posts
3752 upvotes
You are going to need a vacation after this vacation x)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1629 posts
268 upvotes
Hamilton
Hong Kong stay 3 days...

Better if it was on Cathay pacific airline!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1343 upvotes
Moncton
This is indeed a good price. That being said, you are going where United goes, not necessarily where you want to go. Cambodia (visa) Vietnam (visa) and Thailand (martial law) are great value once you get there. Air Asia, Tiger Air and many others can help you get there.

See Google Flights (but be warned not all low cost airlines are listed). AirAsia has a pass, but I could't make math work vs. booking individual flights (and it is not always the cheapest).

In Malaysia, remember not to be gay, a political opponent or naked in earthquake prone areas (otherwise a very easy country to visit).

Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong are like Asian Torontos. OK to stop for a visit on the way to your Niagara Falls'esque destination, but not worth the travel on their own.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Apr 10, 2008
506 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote: This is indeed a good price. That being said, you are going where United goes, not necessarily where you want to go. Cambodia (visa) Vietnam (visa) and Thailand (martial law) are great value once you get there. Air Asia, Tiger Air and many others can help you get there.

See Google Flights (but be warned not all low cost airlines are listed). AirAsia has a pass, but I could't make math work vs. booking individual flights (and it is not always the cheapest).

In Malaysia, remember not to be gay, a political opponent or naked in earthquake prone areas (otherwise a very easy country to visit).

Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong are like Asian Torontos. OK to stop for a visit on the way to your Niagara Falls'esque destination, but not worth the travel on their own.
Completely disagree. Tokyo and KL and HK are absolutely amazing and worth to see - not just "quick stops"
Jan 12, 2006
127 posts
27 upvotes
You seem to have this twisted and cynical view of traveling in Asia. Singapore Tokyo KL HK are Asian Torontos? The $20 landing visa you pay at the Cambodia customs is a deterrent for visiting the amazing sounds and sights? Better stay home on your comfy couch cause the Thai authorities are out to get those pesky tourists!

I usually cringe when people say this, but jeez you must be fun at parties.
MonctonMan wrote: This is indeed a good price. That being said, you are going where United goes, not necessarily where you want to go. Cambodia (visa) Vietnam (visa) and Thailand (martial law) are great value once you get there. Air Asia, Tiger Air and many others can help you get there.

Aug 29, 2005
604 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto

It sound like you've been to Asia before... Cool!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1343 upvotes
Moncton
dealqu wrote: The $20 landing visa you pay at the Cambodia customs is a deterrent for visiting the amazing sounds and sights? Better stay home on your comfy couch cause the Thai authorities are out to get those pesky tourists!

I usually cringe when people say this, but jeez you must be fun at parties.
Were you at a party when you read my post? I wasn't detering visits to Thailand and Cambodia, I was encouraging them! The visa in parentasis was information.

As I'm sure the Canadians who ended up in jail for briefly streeking on a mountain in Borneo can confirm, when traveling, you need to be prepared.

If you met some Japanese while visiting Japan that wanted to visit Toronto and Calgary because of their observation towers, you'd say great, are you also visiting Banff, Niagara Falls and Quebec City?

Travel.GC.ca:
Cambodia
Travellers must pay a fee of US$30 for tourist visas or US$35 for business visas (cash only) and provide two passport-sized photos. Single-entry tourist visas may also be requested online through an e-Visa service provided by Cambodia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. For additional information, consult the Ministry of Tourism.

Thirty-day visas can be obtained at six legal international border crossing points at the Cambodian-Thai border: Cham Yeam (Koh Kong), O'Smach, Poipet, Prum, Dong and Caom.

If entering Cambodia from Vietnam, a visa can be obtained at the international crossing points at Bavet in Svay Rieng Province and Khmorm Samnor on the Mekong River.

If entering Cambodia from Laos, note that the Laotian side of the border crossing at Dong Krolor/Veun Kham is often closed to foreign travellers with little notice. Cambodian and Laotian visas cannot be purchased at the border.

Tourist visa: Required
Business visa: Required
Student visa: Required
Jan 12, 2006
127 posts
27 upvotes
I do not take issue with the fact that you want to provide more information for fellow RFDers, but calling those cities Asian Torontos is spewing unfiltered garbage and nothing can be further from the truth. I do not want to make this a platform for a debate so I will cease to comment further after this, but please, if you are considering any of those travel destinations, do not listen to MonctonMan.

One more thing, if you're gonna provide information, below is the official visa on arrival information directly from Cambodian government website. I can also say from first hand experience that it was about 15 times easier than crossing the US border at Pearson with a Canadian passport.

http://embassyofcambodia.sg/index.php/v ... sa-arrival
MonctonMan wrote: Were you at a party when you read my post? I wasn't detering visits to Thailand and Cambodia, I was encouraging them! The visa in parentasis was information.

As I'm sure the Canadians who ended up in jail for briefly streeking on a mountain in Borneo can confirm, when traveling, you need to be prepared.

If you met some Japanese while visiting Japan that wanted to visit Toronto and Calgary because of their observation towers, you'd say great, are you also visiting Banff, Niagara Falls and Quebec City?

Travel.GC.ca:
Cambodia
Travellers must pay a fee of US$30 for tourist visas or US$35 for business visas (cash only) and provide two passport-sized photos. Single-entry tourist visas may also be requested online through an e-Visa service provided by Cambodia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. For additional information, consult the Ministry of Tourism.

Thirty-day visas can be obtained at six legal international border crossing points at the Cambodian-Thai border: Cham Yeam (Koh Kong), O'Smach, Poipet, Prum, Dong and Caom.

If entering Cambodia from Vietnam, a visa can be obtained at the international crossing points at Bavet in Svay Rieng Province and Khmorm Samnor on the Mekong River.

If entering Cambodia from Laos, note that the Laotian side of the border crossing at Dong Krolor/Veun Kham is often closed to foreign travellers with little notice. Cambodian and Laotian visas cannot be purchased at the border.

Tourist visa: Required
Business visa: Required
Student visa: Required
Sep 29, 2014
286 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Is there anyway to include Australia in there? Sydney Brisbane anything
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong are like Asian Torontos. OK to stop for a visit on the way to your Niagara Falls'esque destination, but not worth the travel on their own.
You can't be series... Toronto is peanuts compared to those cities.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1343 upvotes
Moncton
dealqu wrote: calling those cities Asian Torontos is spewing unfiltered garbage and nothing can be further from the truth... if you are considering any of those travel destinations, do not listen to MonctonMan.
Some foreigners like Toronto: the CN tower, the shoe museum, the 'ethnic' food. And compared to Rochester or Buffalo, Toronto is indeed a great place to visit.

Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur are, like Toronto, centres of commerce with shiny new buildings. They lack historical buildings and remarkable natural features. And the locals are boring bankers. Tokyo does have some nice museums, but you can tour them inside in Google Streetview! Spend a couple of days in Tokyo. A day tops in KL and Singapore. Hong Kong I enjoyed because I love cities. But 3 days was plenty even for me.

Especially when factoring high hotel costs, I don't think those are places you'd want to linger. I speak from experience. Most 'tourists' I met there were there on business or for a convention.

But don't take my word for it, consult any country guide book (I like Lonely Plannet).
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3081 posts
2383 upvotes
any cheapo flights to SEA? Need to book something to BKK or SIN next winter ...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1451 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto

LOL HK an asian toronto? you must be out of your mind, toronto is far behind HK and cannot even be put in the same sentence together.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2013
1256 posts
346 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
AMVSQG wrote: LOL HK an asian toronto? you must be out of your mind, toronto is far behind HK and cannot even be put in the same sentence together.
like quality of air? garden space per household? try taste the water in HK???
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
Wish this was 20% more expensive but for December.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1451 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
goldenball wrote: like quality of air? garden space per household? try taste the water in HK???
LOL you have obviously misunderstood my statement and turned this into a quality of life battle while we are talking about places to visit for vacation in terms of what a city has to offer in terms of food, entertainment, shopping, transportation etc.

but for the record, i'd gladly move back and live in my 500 sqf flat in north point, breath that city air, drink my vita bottled water, and take public transit if i had no other responsibilities here, so yes to me, its all worth it
Banned
Nov 1, 2014
4317 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AMVSQG wrote: LOL HK an asian toronto? you must be out of your mind, toronto is far behind HK and cannot even be put in the same sentence together.
Hkg is much worst than Toronto.. Just look at the crazy poverty there and see the horrible conditions the seniors live in. I always feel horrible when the 80year old seniors who can't even stand straight come collect my garbage and they're caked in filth all across the city scavengerinf for recyclables for some money

Hkg is good if you like carrying around a rolley and filling up on high priced luxury items

Hkg has even less variety of shops than here. Its all sasa/bonjour, Watson/Manning's with some Broadway/fortress thrown in and a lot of luxury boutiques

Crazy long lineups for anything a quarter decent to eat
Nov 19, 2009
726 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
Most cities have something amazing to offer (Toronto included) if you're willing to submerse yourself in them. Don't take the opinion of some guy/gal on a message board at face value. Go see the world. You'll be better off for it.

Great deal OP. Thanks.