Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

Acacia Straight Cut Kitchen Countertop - $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 4:44 pm
[OP]
Member
Mar 15, 2008
327 posts
168 upvotes

[Lowe's] Acacia Straight Cut Kitchen Countertop - $99.99

A pretty good price on a countertop that I will be using with a standing desk frame I hope to purchase in the near future. I know a lot of us RFDers like to pay less for a frame and grab a cheap top of our choosing. There was also an offer on the home page that I missed for $5 off a purchase of $55 or more, which would have brought it down to $94.99

If the look of this one doesn't do it for you, the other countertops are all 20% off right now as well.

Edit: I also received a pop up to subscribe to their newsletter and save $10 off the next purchase of $50 or more. Could bring this down to $89.99.
Last edited by Decivox on May 21st, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4556 posts
4090 upvotes
Toronto
Decivox wrote: A pretty good price on a countertop that I will be using with a standing desk frame I hope to purchase in the near future.
I built my kitchen island with an acacia island top from Lowes. I love it, but acacia is pretty soft. Just writing on a single sheet of paper with a ballpoint pen leaves an impression of the writing in the wood. This is perfectly fine for kitchens and some texture is nice, but just FYI if you will be doing a lot of writing on this countertop, since you'll be using it as a desk.
[OP]
Member
Mar 15, 2008
327 posts
168 upvotes
jm1 wrote: I built my kitchen island with an acacia island top from Lowes. I love it, but acacia is pretty soft. Just writing on a single sheet of paper with a ballpoint pen leaves an impression of the writing in the wood. This is perfectly fine for kitchens and some texture is nice, but just FYI if you will be doing a lot of writing on this countertop, since you'll be using it as a desk.
Thanks for the heads up. I barely do any writing so it wont be that big of a concern to me, but it is interesting since when I googled "acacia" it came up as being hard wood. I guess that's to be expected though with the price.
Sr. Member
Apr 12, 2013
672 posts
641 upvotes
BC
jm1 wrote: if you will be doing a lot of writing
What's writing?.......

Nice deal OP, even better than the Ikea option.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3392 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
jm1 wrote: I built my kitchen island with an acacia island top from Lowes. I love it, but acacia is pretty soft. Just writing on a single sheet of paper with a ballpoint pen leaves an impression of the writing in the wood. This is perfectly fine for kitchens and some texture is nice, but just FYI if you will be doing a lot of writing on this countertop, since you'll be using it as a desk.
what did you use to build the kitchen island? I'd be interested in making a cart with shelves and a cutting board top
Fido: $35 12GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan
Virgin: $35 internet plan
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2456 posts
1399 upvotes
Markham
this will work with the standup desk frame deals :)
too bad i bought my table top few weeks ago
Jr. Member
Jun 26, 2009
146 posts
154 upvotes
I bought this for use as my desk last time it was on sale; it looks beautiful but as jm1 said, it does damage pretty easy.

Make sure to use the email list discount, if theyre still doing it. Cut an extra $10 off the price for me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2008
2128 posts
4916 upvotes
Perhaps try coating it with flooring varnish and let it cure before you write on it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
4258 posts
7491 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
Decivox wrote: when I googled "acacia" it came up as being hard wood.
Hardwood doesn't mean the wood is hard. It's really just a definition. Usually softwoods are evergreens, everything else is a hardwood.

It's a stupid name imo
Sr. Member
Oct 20, 2010
641 posts
752 upvotes
Toronto
For those that are in the market for a kitchen countertop, Lowe’s has one for $99 (reg $149) and you can apply the $10 off email sign up coupon to make it $89.

Those looking for a desktop for their sit-stand desks may want to consider this as well. This is similar to the Home Depot one at $149. So, at $89 it’s a pretty good deal. I am assuming the quality is better than the standard ikea ones.

I think this is a pretty good deal.

Thanks and stay safe.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1034 posts
1191 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is super nice for a standing desk surface.
Newbie
Jul 30, 2012
43 posts
64 upvotes
Finally a large enough cutting board - thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9052 posts
816 upvotes
Toronto
From the other thread some folks mention the wood is quite soft and easy to scuff up fyi.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3508 posts
3927 upvotes
Looking for 15" depth one for base cabinets.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2005
810 posts
111 upvotes
Anyone know if this is prestained? If so, is it easily sanded off?
Sr. Member
Oct 20, 2010
641 posts
752 upvotes
Toronto
No one else interested in this for axe throwing?? LOL
Newbie
Nov 9, 2010
67 posts
64 upvotes
Sherbrooke
It is indeed quite soft. I have bought acacia from thailand in the past and it just doesn't live up to it's reputation as a hardwood. It is supposed to be quite harder than most maple and oak, but I find that what you can buy here is halfway between white pine and soft birch.

Used it on a small project (see image) and found that wood quite underwhelming from a structural perspective. Quite unique though.
Images
  • tablecafe.png
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1727 posts
564 upvotes
Vancouver
asterisk* wrote: For those that are in the market for a kitchen countertop, Lowe’s has one for $99 (reg $149) and you can apply the $10 off email sign up coupon to make it $89.

Those looking for a desktop for their sit-stand desks may want to consider this as well. This is similar to the Home Depot one at $149. So, at $89 it’s a pretty good deal. I am assuming the quality is better than the standard ikea ones.

I think this is a pretty good deal.

Thanks and stay safe.
damn looks like a good deal, I got the Karlby countertop from IKEA and have been happy with it though its not real wood, its pine wood. but it has helped my sit-stand desk n i put two monitors , PC , speakers and laptop on it.

Top