[Lowe's] Acacia Straight Cut Kitchen Countertop - $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 4:49 pm
[OP]
Mar 15, 2008
297 posts
98 upvotes

[Lowe's] Acacia Straight Cut Kitchen Countertop - $99.99

A pretty good price on a countertop that I will be using with a standing desk frame I hope to purchase in the near future. I know a lot of us RFDers like to pay less for a frame and grab a cheap top of our choosing. There was also an offer on the home page that I missed for $5 off a purchase of $55 or more, which would have brought it down to $94.99

If the look of this one doesn't do it for you, the other countertops are all 20% off right now as well.

Edit: I also received a pop up to subscribe to their newsletter and save $10 off the next purchase of $50 or more. Could bring this down to $89.99.
Last edited by Decivox on May 21st, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4087 posts
3325 upvotes
Toronto
Decivox wrote: A pretty good price on a countertop that I will be using with a standing desk frame I hope to purchase in the near future.
I built my kitchen island with an acacia island top from Lowes. I love it, but acacia is pretty soft. Just writing on a single sheet of paper with a ballpoint pen leaves an impression of the writing in the wood. This is perfectly fine for kitchens and some texture is nice, but just FYI if you will be doing a lot of writing on this countertop, since you'll be using it as a desk.
[OP]
Mar 15, 2008
297 posts
98 upvotes
jm1 wrote: I built my kitchen island with an acacia island top from Lowes. I love it, but acacia is pretty soft. Just writing on a single sheet of paper with a ballpoint pen leaves an impression of the writing in the wood. This is perfectly fine for kitchens and some texture is nice, but just FYI if you will be doing a lot of writing on this countertop, since you'll be using it as a desk.
Thanks for the heads up. I barely do any writing so it wont be that big of a concern to me, but it is interesting since when I googled "acacia" it came up as being hard wood. I guess that's to be expected though with the price.
Apr 12, 2013
487 posts
364 upvotes
BC
jm1 wrote: if you will be doing a lot of writing
What's writing?.......

Nice deal OP, even better than the Ikea option.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3140 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
jm1 wrote: I built my kitchen island with an acacia island top from Lowes. I love it, but acacia is pretty soft. Just writing on a single sheet of paper with a ballpoint pen leaves an impression of the writing in the wood. This is perfectly fine for kitchens and some texture is nice, but just FYI if you will be doing a lot of writing on this countertop, since you'll be using it as a desk.
what did you use to build the kitchen island? I'd be interested in making a cart with shelves and a cutting board top
Koodo: $50 11GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2074 posts
976 upvotes
Markham
this will work with the standup desk frame deals :)
too bad i bought my table top few weeks ago
Jun 26, 2009
98 posts
93 upvotes
I bought this for use as my desk last time it was on sale; it looks beautiful but as jm1 said, it does damage pretty easy.

Make sure to use the email list discount, if theyre still doing it. Cut an extra $10 off the price for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
1962 posts
4471 upvotes
Perhaps try coating it with flooring varnish and let it cure before you write on it?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3614 posts
3944 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Decivox wrote: when I googled "acacia" it came up as being hard wood.
Hardwood doesn't mean the wood is hard. It's really just a definition. Usually softwoods are evergreens, everything else is a hardwood.

It's a stupid name imo
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Oct 20, 2010
366 posts
316 upvotes
For those that are in the market for a kitchen countertop, Lowe’s has one for $99 (reg $149) and you can apply the $10 off email sign up coupon to make it $89.

Those looking for a desktop for their sit-stand desks may want to consider this as well. This is similar to the Home Depot one at $149. So, at $89 it’s a pretty good deal. I am assuming the quality is better than the standard ikea ones.

I think this is a pretty good deal.

Thanks and stay safe.
Nov 1, 2015
765 posts
722 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
This is super nice for a standing desk surface.
Jul 30, 2012
39 posts
60 upvotes
Finally a large enough cutting board - thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8769 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
From the other thread some folks mention the wood is quite soft and easy to scuff up fyi.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3072 posts
3309 upvotes
Looking for 15" depth one for base cabinets.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.