Expired Hot Deals

Acanac Cable Internet in GTA

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2012 8:42 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1141 upvotes
Mississauga East

Acanac Cable Internet in GTA

Seems cheaper than Teksavvy

http://www.acanac.com/cable.html


Cable Internet 10Mbps for $36/month
OVERVIEW

Speed 10Mbps/512Kps
Bandwidth Traffic *Unlimited
No Cost Online Storage $10 Value 100GB
No Cost Encrypted Browsing $5 Value Yes
No Cost VPN Account $10 Value Yes
Free Home Phone $239.40 Value Yes

Also do not forge this
Free Home Phone $239.40 Value when buying Internet access
acanac-free-home-phone-239-40-value-whe ... s-1061379/
93 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 6, 2005
10587 posts
976 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm.. anyone used them before? How do they compare to rogers/teksavvy? They must be piggybacking Rogers, no? How can they offer unlimited?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2005
2035 posts
26 upvotes
Gravenhurst
512 up is slow. The no cap makes it warm-ish
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 6, 2005
10587 posts
976 upvotes
Vancouver
ChiZZad wrote: 512 up is slow. The no cap makes it warm-ish

Ya, but they do have 15/1 which matches Teksavvy... Acanac unlimited and cheaper. And includes all those other (useless) "extras"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7464 posts
796 upvotes
Waterloo
Please note guys!!

*Important Notes

Static IP's for VPN's will be available at the end of November for all Cable High Speed Internet service plans. All Ontario High speed Cable packages come with unlimited bandwidth this however can change without notice.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1141 upvotes
Mississauga East
Is there a cable modem/wifi router all in one that anyone can recommend?

Where can I buy SMC SMCD3GN for a reasonable price?
Is this gizmo any good?

.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
838 posts
244 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I was told that teksavvy currently doesn't have a way to monitor the amount on traffic on the cable in ontario. so, essentially that 300GB is pretty much unlimited.

I am with teksavvy currently and very much happy but I would be interested to hear from who have used the cable internet from acanac and share their experience. I would like to keep my options open if teksavvy decides to act up in the future.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2006
4196 posts
438 upvotes
Markham, ON
I went with Teksavvy. I'm very happy with them.
Acanac isn't available in my area (Markham).

Note that Acanac requires a term and the whole payment upfront (At least that's what I remembered).

Code: Select all

Term Discounts	Cable Internet 10Mbps	Cable Internet 15Mbps
 	 	 
1 Month Term	$44.95	        $48.95
3 Month Term	$41.95 x 3	$45.95 x 3
6 Month Term	$38.95 x 6	$42.95 x 6
12 Month Term	$35.95 x 12	$39.95 x 12
 	 	
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44320 posts
4893 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yhap2003 wrote: I went with Teksavvy. I'm very happy with them.
Acanac isn't available in my area (Markham).

Note that Acanac requires a term and the whole payment upfront (At least that's what I remembered).

Code: Select all

Term Discounts	Cable Internet 10Mbps	Cable Internet 15Mbps
 	 	 
1 Month Term	$44.95	        $48.95
3 Month Term	$41.95 x 3	$45.95 x 3
6 Month Term	$38.95 x 6	$42.95 x 6
12 Month Term	$35.95 x 12	$39.95 x 12
 	 	

Tek charges $37 and $43 per month for the above plans listed. Considering you have to go for a 12 month term to make it cheaper by only $1/$3, it's probably not worth it.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Jr. Member
Sep 19, 2005
161 posts
6 upvotes
I've been with Acanac for a year. The service I had was DSL which is pretty much Bell.


One of ther major issues with Acanac is that their billing department is only available via email for example. Every time I had an issue it took days and even weeks to resolve an issue going back and forth takes at least a day for them to respond. Most responses are very generic and automated and almost never solve anything.

Another issue I had is that their customer service team is pretty useless, some reps barelly speak English. That being said, the service wasn't bad. I left due to Acanac trying to automatically bill me for a whole year at a regular / higher price without any authorization. When I contacted their Billing Department which took about a week of going back and forth, the rep told me that I signed the agreement for an automatic renewal and they were right, so please read what you agree to!

I am now with Teksavvy, amazing customer service / support. No online / email based billing support. The reps are extremely helpful! Its like Day and Night.
I am currently on a $42.99/month cable plan and my speed is close to 30mb / sec instead of 15mb/sec as Rogers is now upgrading all their plans in most areas.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
3839 posts
1046 upvotes
ileizero wrote: I've been with Acanac for a year. The service I had was DSL which is pretty much Bell.


One of ther major issues with Acanac is that their billing department is only available via email for example. Every time I had an issue it took days and even weeks to resolve an issue going back and forth takes at least a day for them to respond. Most responses are very generic and automated and almost never solve anything.

Another issue I had is that their customer service team is pretty useless, some reps barelly speak English. That being said, the service wasn't bad. I left due to Acanac trying to automatically bill me for a whole year at a regular / higher price without any authorization. When I contacted their Billing Department which took about a week of going back and forth, the rep told me that I signed the agreement for an automatic renewal and they were right, so please read what you agree to!

I am now with Teksavvy, amazing customer service / support. No online / email based billing support. The reps are extremely helpful! Its like Day and Night.
I am currently on a $42.99/month cable plan and my speed is close to 30mb / sec instead of 15mb/sec as Rogers is now upgrading all their plans in most areas.

My friend had the same experience with them. He was complaining their billing department could've been better run by a bunch of monkeys. He wanted to cancel and sent them an email 30 days in advance and no one got back to him so he assumed everything was fine. He followed up a week before and they said they would call him back and nothing. When it came time to renew, he was billed for another year of service even though he emailed and called well in advance.

He said the responses were very generic and the customer service was non-existent. Even if the price was $20/month, I still wouldn't sign up with them after hearing his story.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2454 posts
597 upvotes
Acanac is available in Markham.

I should mention that I am an Admin on the boards for Acanac and can help answer questions on it

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)