None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3222 posts
569 upvotes
GTA

Acanac cancellation impossible

I have no clue what to do. My service is ending next month and since November i have been ignored by acanac billing, accounting and when you call the phone number they just say they to email billing@acanac.com because they can't do anything. This is by far the worst customer service i have ever encountered. I send about 8 emails thus far. I heard the recharging horror stories which i have already canceled my credit card. But i also heard if they can't charge your credit card they send you to collections. Does anyone know anyway to contact someone directly in that company?
I remember there was a user on this forum, but apparently she doesn't post here anymore?? Hope someone knows the trick to canceling with this scammer company
7 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
Did you try posting on their forums?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21028 posts
14967 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jarko wrote: I remember there was a user on this forum, but apparently she doesn't post here anymore??
Imelda_Acanac. There's a user on RFD who claims to own/represent Acanac. See e.g. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bell-ads ... ost4727920

You might also try DSLReports where someone from Acanac posted as recently as a couple of weeks ago, e.g. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r251323 ... ror-story-
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7940 posts
1516 upvotes
Burnaby
Imelda hasn't worked for acanac in a while, and her accounts been deleted off rfd too
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21028 posts
14967 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Which is why I gave the OP two Acanac contacts, neither of whom is Imelda :razz:
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 31, 2009
202 posts
6 upvotes
jarko wrote: I have no clue what to do. My service is ending next month and since November i have been ignored by acanac billing, accounting and when you call the phone number they just say they to email billing@acanac.com because they can't do anything. This is by far the worst customer service i have ever encountered. I send about 8 emails thus far. I heard the recharging horror stories which i have already canceled my credit card. But i also heard if they can't charge your credit card they send you to collections. Does anyone know anyway to contact someone directly in that company?
I remember there was a user on this forum, but apparently she doesn't post here anymore?? Hope someone knows the trick to canceling with this scammer company

if their policy to contact only via email and you have sent more then 1,just call your CC not to accept any charges.you have done your job by contacting them.trust me, once they wont get $$ they will contact you)) and you should keep all the copies of all emails,otherwise no proof you have followed their t&c
Feb 20, 2010
22 posts
Toronto, Ontario
bylo wrote: Imelda_Acanac. There's a user on RFD who claims to own/represent Acanac. See e.g. bell-adsl-price-match-390985/9/#post4727920
bylo wrote: Which is why I gave the OP two Acanac contacts, neither of whom is Imelda :razz:
Watchu talkin' bout bylo?

edit: NVM I see you put the username as Imelda but linked to an account called acanacinc... my bad :)
Colosseum Online Inc.
More Than Just an Internet Provider
Dec 28, 2006
618 posts
143 upvotes
jarko wrote: I have no clue what to do. My service is ending next month and since November i have been ignored by acanac billing, accounting and when you call the phone number they just say they to email billing@acanac.com because they can't do anything. This is by far the worst customer service i have ever encountered. I send about 8 emails thus far. I heard the recharging horror stories which i have already canceled my credit card. But i also heard if they can't charge your credit card they send you to collections. Does anyone know anyway to contact someone directly in that company?
Check your junk mail folder. All my email communications with Acanac seem to end up there - there is a good chance they responded. I've contacted billing a few times and usually get an instant auto email with a ticket number and then an actual response 2 or 3 business days later.