Expired Hot Deals

[Acanac] Free 1 Year DSL Internet 50 Mbps (ON & QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 9:24 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2018
10 posts
11 upvotes

Free 1 Year DSL Internet 50 Mbps (ON & QC)

Deal Link:
Price:
$0
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
December 3, 2019
Retailer:
Acanac
Cyber Monday Sale
First 500 Customers get 1 Year FREE Internet. No Contract. No Catches.
Bring you own modem or buy for $119 (SmartRG SR516 ac)
New Customers Only
Last edited by Peekingquinzy on Dec 3rd, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3528 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
Says free modem rental, but integrated wifi router is $119.
Id like to order, but the address lookup isnt working for me.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5994 posts
1881 upvotes
Thornhill
I was with Acanac before for a while before switching due to the fact price got expensive. They were suppose to refund me the modem price, but never did and I gave up. That sucked.

The deal is nice, no question. Free modem is a SCAM FAKE advertising. As above poster said. it's $119 and I didn't find a way to get rid of it. So essentially you are paying $119/year which is nice though. Just wish they didn't have to resort to fake promises and false advertising.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3310 posts
660 upvotes
dazz wrote: I was with Acanac before for a while before switching due to the fact price got expensive. They were suppose to refund me the modem price, but never did and I gave up. That sucked.

The deal is nice, no question. Free modem is a SCAM FAKE advertising. As above poster said. it's $119 and I didn't find a way to get rid of it. So essentially you are paying $119/year which is nice though. Just wish they didn't have to resort to fake promises and false advertising.
I'm worried about trusting Acanac. I had lots of issues with them regarding money and refunds. You never know if they will cancel you or something or charge you something else since you provide a credit card to them.
Oct 15, 2012
321 posts
338 upvotes
Sudbury
dazz wrote: I was with Acanac before for a while before switching due to the fact price got expensive. They were suppose to refund me the modem price, but never did and I gave up. That sucked.

Yes indeed be very careful with this company; I was with them for years until their prices started to climb too quickly; I paid annually (1 payment) and prior to the last annual renewal, I tried to contact them to negotiate a better price but they did Not respond to numerous emails despite them triggering tickets promising to contact me. I then advised them well in advance Not to renew my annual subscription without my consent. Guess what they tried to renew the annual fee on my credit card that had just expired luckily; when they couldn't get it approved, then they tried repeatedly to contact me---I did exactly what they did to me and ignored them. Now I'm with Vmedia which had better deal/pricing--I can't get over 2 Mbps but I suspect that's Bell's issue. ACANAC- not advisable to ignore your customers!
Jul 4, 2006
588 posts
1 upvote
I'm just about to order it is giving me the option for rental for 0$ but shipping fee is 10$ plus tax so around 11:30
Nov 11, 2017
121 posts
110 upvotes
Wakkanai
Whatever you do, do not give these guys your credit card info.

Search these forums for "acanac" and you will understand.
Jul 4, 2006
588 posts
1 upvote
prod wrote: Says free modem rental, but integrated wifi router is $119.
Id like to order, but the address lookup isnt working for me.
Can you explain this integrated wifi router? are you saying the actual modem rental is free, but to get wifi router you pay 119?
Sep 12, 2018
186 posts
116 upvotes
The price changes if you do not have a Bell landline.
They should make clear that is only for customers with Bell landline.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Nov 15, 2008
183 posts
255 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, amazing deal to me! A used modem off kijiji is going to be 50$ max.
Sep 27, 2017
62 posts
73 upvotes
Platypoos, ON
Can anyone who signed up confirm if dry loop is also included for free?
Jul 4, 2006
588 posts
1 upvote
Justonemore wrote: The price changes if you do not have a Bell landline.
They should make clear that is only for customers with Bell landline.
When you say NO to Bell landline the options changes but you can pick the correct one later.
Jul 4, 2006
588 posts
1 upvote
platypoos wrote: Can anyone who signed up confirm if dry loop is also included for free?
I just signed up there is no dry loop fee. When you click NO to bell landline the plans default to the one that is not free, you need to pick the correct one again.
Aug 30, 2016
116 posts
60 upvotes
lame23 wrote: I just signed up there is no dry loop fee. When you click NO to bell landline the plans default to the one that is not free, you need to pick the correct one again.
Did you pick yearly plan or monthly plan? If I do yearly plan, they will charge $119+tax even with my own modem. If I do monthly plan, it is free with my own modem. But the monthly plan may mean you only get 1-month free and you have to pay afterwards?