• Apr 9th, 2020 10:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4571 posts
4629 upvotes
Vancouver

Access to business CRA account broken

Tried to log in to our business CRA account the usual way today (access from CRA Business page, via bank login partner). No good:

1. The CRA login page has been modified to insert the notice about applying for the personal CERB program according to your birthdate, even for the business login page. Apparently as a a result of this modification, the login button on the business page did not respond until I turned off tracker blocking.

2. Logging in via the bank partner login normally only takes a few seconds - today it took several minutes. And it failed at one point, had to restart.

3. And it ended up logging me into my personal CRA account, even though I started from the Business page, as I always do to access our business account.

So apparently not only is the CRA site glacially slow (understandable), but they inadvertently broke the login process for business accounts.

Maybe there's an alternate way to log in via an old CRA login password instead of via bank login partner? Don't know if I could still find it, or if it would work at all since those logins seldom work for more than 2 years.
2 replies
Oct 20, 2012
82 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Works fine on my end. I use the same bank account at Tangerine to log in to both My Account and My Business Account. Not saying you're lying or anything, just that it might be some cookie on your end screwing things up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4571 posts
4629 upvotes
Vancouver
eggsbenedict wrote: Works fine on my end. I use the same bank account at Tangerine to log in to both My Account and My Business Account. Not saying you're lying or anything, just that it might be some cookie on your end screwing things up.
I tried a couple of times that day with different web browsers, no luck, flipped me to my personal CRA account every time. But the business account access was working again the following day, so I guess they fixed something.