Green / Eco-Friendly

Accidentally burned plastic tags for bread expiry. Very toxic!

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2020 1:53 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Apr 24, 2009
164 posts
217 upvotes
Ontario

Accidentally burned plastic tags for bread expiry. Very toxic!

Just wanted to let others know the plastic tags for bread expiry was accidentally stuck to the bottom of the kettle. After turning on the stove, the small fire on the tags emitted a very toxic black suspension (weird tassle-like floating) over the stove. It was very irritating to the throat. They should look into what the chemicals are used in making these plastic tags. Wouldn't be surprised if cancer-causing benzenes. Anyone (chemist, etc) know have similar experience? on know what it is?
1 reply
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
13100 posts
2185 upvotes
City of Vancouver
When it comes to burning plastic, the release of dioxins comes to mind.

There r a lot more plastics and synthetics inside homes these days compared to previous decades. As a result, fires inside homes r a lot more dangerous -- it takes less time for the fire to spread, in addition to the various toxic elements released.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.

Top