Hot Deals

[Staples] Acer ET322QU 31.5" 1440p LCD IPS Monitor w/ AMD FreeSync 3yr warranty $264 (after $15 code)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 4:24 pm
Mar 15, 2019
671 posts
849 upvotes
this one was 200 earlier.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Mar 10, 2006
31 posts
20 upvotes
Mississauga
Mmagic888 wrote: Was it a pricing error or does this monitor go cheaper than 279.99 usually?
It was on sale for $259 and it coincided with $50 off coupon on any purchase over $250.

I picked one up and I love it. At the time, I almost cancelled my order after reading one too many negative posts on this forum.
Feb 15, 2017
203 posts
64 upvotes
onlinesurfer wrote: is 75hz enough for gaming? I see a lot of monitors being labelled as gaming monitors with 75hz.
Let's put it this way, it is not marketed as a gaming monitor. It is suitable for certain types of games - the ones that do not have rapid screen movement.
Nov 29, 2001
252 posts
67 upvotes
Langley
I bought this monitor a few years ago for around this price and would recommend it. Told a few co workers about it and they ended up buying it as well and are really happy with it. The only thing is as someone else pointed out is if you plan on mounting it the vesa holes are at the top of the monitor so it will be really low but I guess you could just flip it upside down and just change the display settings in windows.
Nov 10, 2003
549 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
Masernaut wrote: I had this earlier. Just too big for me. I think 27" is the sweet spot if you plan on having this on a desk.
That's what I am wondering. I went to Costco few weeks ago and they have the LG 32", I tried it stand about the same distance as my desk and I found it is overwhelming. But then when I switched from 40" TV to a 55" TV, I found it was too big and then I get used to it.
Nov 10, 2003
549 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
rajojomanik wrote: both my son and i have this monitor purchased during boxing day, very nice monitor with lots of real estate. WFH using just one monitor instead of two, makes it much easier moving files around on your desktop.
We are currently using a mount, much better than the stand that it comes with.
May I ask how far you are sitting away from the monitor? Do you find it is too big?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1046 posts
540 upvotes
atyy0132 wrote: I have this monitor.

Echoing what @Masernaut said. For those who are at multiple 23.6" or under trying to move up, please go into the store to see it first. I wish I was joking when i said this monitor is too big.

I would say on an average table, two of this would not work. Stick with two 27" unless you're happy with one. I know I am not.
I’m coming from dual 24” and thinking of going dual 32”, too big?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1727 posts
1144 upvotes
condo
any rting reviews on this monitor... trying to decide between the LG that was advertised on Costco (OOS now) versus this Acer
Mar 10, 2006
31 posts
20 upvotes
Mississauga
Sunmax wrote: That's what I am wondering. I went to Costco few weeks ago and they have the LG 32", I tried it stand about the same distance as my desk and I found it is overwhelming. But then when I switched from 40" TV to a 55" TV, I found it was too big and then I get used to it.
I experienced that when I went from a 19" to a 27". At first, I had to crank my neck upwards and the first week made me regret not getting a 24" instead. Once I adapted, I never thought of it again. This monitor was less of an adjustment for me since my 27" monitor had slightly larger bezels and the size change wasn't as drastic.
Last edited by jeneral on Sep 16th, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 26, 2012
798 posts
1182 upvotes
I LOVE this monitor! I got it for $210 earlier this year and I couldn't be happier that I pulled the trigger. I don't think it's worth anywhere near $400 but for $280 I think it's a good deal still.

Like others have said, it is indeed huge, but that's why I like mine. The stand is a little annoying but it is VESA mountable; I got a monitor arm a week ago from Primecables and it makes a difference removing the stand. It's not a "gaming" monitor, but it does have Freesync and 75hz which is better than nothing. 1440p is crisp on it. It supports PiP but I never really got it working, then again I never tried after the first day. Inputs are nice, having a DP and HDMI is very useful. It comes with a built in speaker which are OK, at first I thought it was a gimmick but when the WFH wave hit, they defenitly sound better than my work laptop's speakers (Thinkpad). I'd say the speakers are defenitly worse than most 2.0 setups and MacBook/premium laptop speakers but better than your typical laptop.

I think my biggest gripe with the monitor is how slow it is to start up. My old Samsung monitor starts up in roughly a second, this monitor takes like 4 or 5 seconds to start. Obviously not a deal breaker, but it is still annoying to deal with everyday.
Nov 29, 2001
252 posts
67 upvotes
Langley
Sunmax wrote: That's what I am wondering. I went to Costco few weeks ago and they have the LG 32", I tried it stand about the same distance as my desk and I found it is overwhelming. But then when I switched from 40" TV to a 55" TV, I found it was too big and then I get used to it.
Yeah anytime you switch to a bigger monitor or TV it will seem crazy big for a few days and then you adjust. Both my co workers said the same thing when they switched to this 32 inch monitor and then after a week they both said they would never go back to a smaller monitor.
Dec 24, 2006
700 posts
57 upvotes
Thought it was too big at first, but now that you are used to it, it's great. Great monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9178 posts
12046 upvotes
GT-EH
Yep, 32" initial impressions was "omg it's so huge", now it's the new standard.
Now I'm ready for a 43" 4k 120hz as my next upgrade... lol
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Dec 23, 2012
69 posts
159 upvotes
Regina
Use Code: 75003 get $15 off, turn total to $272
Dec 12, 2018
130 posts
132 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: I’m coming from dual 24” and thinking of going dual 32”, too big?
I personally think its too big. The dimensions on its original stand are:
Width: 73 CM (28.75")
Height (Screen): 43.2 CM (17")
Height (Screen + Stand): 52.5 CM (20.75")
Depth (Stand): 24 CM (9.5")

Obviously they will need to be angled for you to get decent viewing angles, but you technically will need a table which is 1.5 meter wide to just have two screens fit completely on your table side by side (and not part of the screen hanging off the edge).
There is absolutely no space to put your speakers if you have anything bigger than a tiny soundbar. You may also need a stand or mount for better viewing angles.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good monitor for price. But I just can't fit other stuff on my desk anymore so I'm stuck with 1 x 31.5" versus 2 x 27".