Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

ACER ICONIA 8GB 7" TABLET $74.96 @ The Source + possible PM BestBuy

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2015 6:19 am
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON

[The Source] ACER ICONIA 8GB 7" TABLET $74.96 @ The Source + possible PM BestBuy

So this tablet has decent reviews and it is currently on sale online only for $74.96 which is much less than reg price of $129+.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product. ... 7086604AE2

Bestbuy has the exact same one so you can try to price match if you can find a store which stocks these.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ace ... 18854.aspx
22 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
2013 posts
2502 upvotes
Ew this tablet was outdated two years ago , 40 dollars max is what it should be worth
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
bigmackKFT wrote: Ew this tablet was outdated two years ago , 40 dollars max is what it should be worth
sorry but not all of us want to spend $200+ on a tablet with specs that we don't require. The price is a good deal for a tablet with good reviews.

You like spending you Sunday afternoons poo-pooing RFD posts do you? Keep it up.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
bigmackKFT wrote: Ew this tablet was outdated two years ago , 40 dollars max is what it should be worth
If it's only worth $40....i want to know where I can get it for $40....

If it does what you need it doesn't matter how old it is...
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Aug 5, 2013
212 posts
32 upvotes
Etobicoke
Shu wrote: If it's only worth $40....i want to know where I can get it for $40....

If it does what you need it doesn't matter how old it is...
I second, third and 4th this post.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
ips1177 wrote: sorry but not all of us want to spend $200+ on a tablet with specs that we don't require. The price is a good deal for a tablet with good reviews.

You like spending you Sunday afternoons poo-pooing RFD posts do you? Keep it up.
Solid reviews...http://www.testfreaks.co.in/tablet-comp ... ia-b1-730/

Good deal for those who want a half decent tablet for $75 and 25% less than BB current sale price of $99.
Mar 10, 2012
923 posts
549 upvotes
I bought one of these and returned it same day. Look up the charging issues where the tablet gets stuck at 1%, horrible.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Permah wrote: I bought one of these and returned it same day. Look up the charging issues where the tablet gets stuck at 1%, horrible.
Stuck at 1% ?

You got links to people having this issue? Or were you the only one with this issue?

This price is tempting for a decent tablet
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1348 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
ips1177 wrote: sorry but not all of us want to spend $200+ on a tablet with specs that we don't require. The price is a good deal for a tablet with good reviews.

If you fail to see how much this tablet should be than maybe you should discuss it in the shopping discussion section first. I bought a Kobo Arc 7 HD for $50 and that's much better tablet than this one. So the comment about this being $40 is correct. I personally still wouldn't buy it to be honest but that's due my requirements.

Just because it does what you what it to do and it's good enough for you does not mean you did not over payed lol.
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
2013 posts
2502 upvotes

LOL OK buy this tablet , go for it, enjoy it. As someone who doesn't spend more than 100 on my tablets. I can tell you this isn't a hot deal. Posts like this remind me why I should keep my mouth shut, the RFD community are full of such DBAGS that I can't even point out a deal is cold without getting flamed for it.

My bad for my input.
I'll enjoy the rest of my Sunday without helping the community

Everyone go out and buy this if you want a hot deal
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
bigmackKFT wrote: the RFD community are full of such DBAGS
hello pot, meet mr. kettle.

It's not helpful to point out what you THINK something is worth, but to actually point out where this tablet or a similarly branded / spec'd tablet is available for the price you indicated. If you can't provide a helpful link or info as to why it is only worth $40, then it's just threadcrapping and you aren't helping anyone.

In this instance, the same tablet is more at Bestbuy which makes this a possible deal and possible price match. The specs are dated, but still work fine. I have an Asus Tf101 and it is even older and works just fine.

I have done a quick search on google and it's $90 at factory direct, so this is still the cheapest and is arguable at the top of other 'newer' no name brands of the same price.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResu ... %22+tablet

One thing I would be wary of is that the source's returns have been sketchy and one issue that this tablet can have is not remembering the wifi after it sleeps or powers off. This tablet was sold at Costco, just this past christmas for 129.xx.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Android-Ta ... d-p/318720
Jun 30, 2014
56 posts
39 upvotes
It would have been nice if you suggested an alternative tablet sub $100 that's better than this one. Now that would be helping the community. Otherwise, you're just saying this deal sucks with no justification for your claims.
bigmackKFT wrote: LOL OK buy this tablet , go for it, enjoy it. As someone who doesn't spend more than 100 on my tablets. I can tell you this isn't a hot deal. Posts like this remind me why I should keep my mouth shut, the RFD community are full of such DBAGS that I can't even point out a deal is cold without getting flamed for it.

My bad for my input.

Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1218 posts
1005 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, a similar tablet was going for only $60 after 20x points from Shopper Drugmart last week. ($150 - 20x points - Free $50 Giftcard)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
grayhal wrote: If you fail to see how much this tablet should be than maybe you should discuss it in the shopping discussion section first. I bought a Kobo Arc 7 HD for $50 and that's much better tablet than this one. So the comment about this being $40 is correct. I personally still wouldn't buy it to be honest but that's due my requirements.

Just because it does what you what it to do and it's good enough for you does not mean you did not over payed lol.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/reviews/kob ... 1f6559en21

sorry, but the kobo has problems, Kobo tablets are notorious for failing quickly, especially the arc series.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/reviews/kob ... 1f6559en21

Terrible device - do not waste your money.
Within several months the USB on both would not comnect or charge They are both useless now.

Non repairable usb plug problems

We have had the Kobo arc HD for just a little over a year and the unit will no longer charge. A bit of research online found that Kobo has major problems with the micro USB port that is used to charge the unit and connect it to a computer. There is no Kobo repair depot, so once out of warranty this tablet is basically junk.

Personally, I would stay away from kobo's even if I had a time machine to buy it at $50 (listed at 109.99 from your link)

I would actually buy a chinese tablet from a chinese site in the $80 range. You will get better specs, and Acer and Kobo have their share of problems.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
bigmackKFT wrote: LOL OK buy this tablet , go for it, enjoy it. As someone who doesn't spend more than 100 on my tablets. I can tell you this isn't a hot deal. Posts like this remind me why I should keep my mouth shut, the RFD community are full of such DBAGS that I can't even point out a deal is cold without getting flamed for it.

My bad for my input.

You did not help the community... You need some proof as to why this is not hot... This is hot unless you can specify where we can get an alternative which is a hot deal
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
outdated Intel Processor, Android JellyBean, 1GB of RAM, 70$, extremely small community, Acer

Still a better deal than the 20$ Proscan
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
Only 8GB of space, good luck with that...I have a 16GB Acer and with all the bloatware it comes with, I barely have any space left after installing the apps I needed.

Not worth the $75.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Noob1ee wrote: Only 8GB of space, good luck with that...I have a 16GB Acer and with all the bloatware it comes with, I barely have any space left after installing the apps I needed.

Not worth the $75.
Yup, there will likely be less than 2GB left. And even less space to install apps since the Android OS reserves some space.

Hopefully there's a microSD slot and an easy method to switch the primary SD card to the microSD.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
Shu wrote: You did not help the community... You need some proof as to why this is not hot... This is hot unless you can specify where we can get an alternative which is a hot deal
You can't expect there to be a comparable hotter deal "right now" compared to this tablet. People have been very reasonable in pointing out the fact that this is not a hot deal. The CPU is weak, it's on a really outdated version of android, it doesn't have enough internal storage, and it only has 1gb of ram. It's really not even going to be useful as an extremely basic Android tablet.

There have been numerous deals over the past 6 months that absolutely destroy this deal. Much, much better deals. Good deals stand up to criticism. This deal unfortunately does not. You can convince yourself that this is a good tablet or a good deal all that you want, but the fact remains that you will not be happy with a product like this and you will be kicking yourself down the line when a much better deal crops up.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
2013 posts
2502 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: You can't expect there to be a comparable hotter deal "right now" compared to this tablet. People have been very reasonable in pointing out the fact that this is not a hot deal. The CPU is weak, it's on a really outdated version of android, it doesn't have enough internal storage, and it only has 1gb of ram. It's really not even going to be useful as an extremely basic Android tablet.

There have been numerous deals over the past 6 months that absolutely destroy this deal. Much, much better deals. Good deals stand up to criticism. This deal unfortunately does not. You can convince yourself that this is a good tablet or a good deal all that you want, but the fact remains that you will not be happy with a product like this and you will be kicking yourself down the line when a much better deal crops up.
Couldn't have said it better my self . faith in community restored