Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Acer

Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop - AN515-44-R623 Ryzen 5 4600h Gtx 1650 8gb 512gb SSD - $850 / $765

Jul 10, 2019
149 posts
73 upvotes
Markham
Kevinck wrote: Last week there was the dell AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600H with AMD Radeon™ RX 5600M on sale for $1050. I'm having issues with benchmark sites determinine how much better the 5600M is than the 1650.

Is $200 to upgrade to an RX 5600M worth it? Or is that pretty much just in line with price/performance as expected?
Still exists FYI: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/de ... 0/14682946
Ask not the penguin how the falcon soars!
Mar 5, 2018
312 posts
301 upvotes
How many m.2 nvme ports? Can anybody find a tear down page
Edit: looks like 2, single channel memory though
Apr 1, 2013
523 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
torwizard wrote: Received the laptop from Acer today; was really surprised at the amount of packaging surrounding the laptop - the box it came in would fit full tower PC easily... Just waiting for the extra 8GB memory stick from Amazon to arrive later today before I start setting it up...
Can confirm that the panel is 120Hz as per sticker on the box.
Do you have the link to Amazon 8GB memory ?
Apr 1, 2013
523 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
I think Acer is playing game with us by release a few units at a time. This creates a panic for potential buyers.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Is that stick perfectly matched to this laptop? or are you just hoping that it's good enough? I've never been sure how closely a stick has to match for dual channel memory. For example if someone got the asus TUF or the Dell G5 would this stick be acceptable to go with their 8gb stick?
Dec 6, 2012
283 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
Kevinck wrote: Is that stick perfectly matched to this laptop? or are you just hoping that it's good enough? I've never been sure how closely a stick has to match for dual channel memory. For example if someone got the asus TUF or the Dell G5 would this stick be acceptable to go with their 8gb stick?
Original memory stick in the laptop is OEM part from Micron, you cannot buy it.
The Crucial stick I linked is the recommended one for this laptop in many online reviews.
Here is the link to video showing how to add/replace RAM and SSD:
Acer Nitro 5 AMD Ryzen 5 4600H Memory SSD Upgrade
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Incase anyone is still looking, i bit on that dell G5. it is known for having overheating problems but apparently a lot of them have been solved by the community

Out of the box it ran hot even at idle. in a game over 100C. With the combination of dell's new emergency firmware and a tweak to a hidden power performance mode setting in windows 10 i can confirm what they found. it now runs very cool at idle and in the 80s during benchmark/games with little to know performance loss. I have 13 more days to determine if i want to return it but performance/$ wise it's looking good now that the heat issues are under control.

Here's a video...
Overheat description and solutions
And the reddit thread he mentions...
reddit Conversation
Apr 1, 2013
523 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
My Nitro 5 screen randomly goes black sometimes. Seems it went to sleep, after touch some keys it wakes up again. anyone has this problem ?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
chekacr9 wrote: My Nitro 5 screen randomly goes black sometimes. Seems it went to sleep, after touch some keys it wakes up again. anyone has this problem ?
Go to your battery/power settings. You can set how long the screen stays on when using battery or plug.
Apr 1, 2013
523 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
Bishop8 wrote: Go to your battery/power settings. You can set how long the screen stays on when using battery or plug.
I checked Power and Sleep setting. The screen goes blank when I was typing, this happened 4 or 5 times in the last 2 weeks. I did a search. Seems this issue is quite common.

Another issue is red letters on black is very hard to read when keyboard lught is off.
Nov 15, 2010
205 posts
79 upvotes
Did you end up keeping the dell? I'm in the same boat
Kevinck wrote: Incase anyone is still looking, i bit on that dell G5. it is known for having overheating problems but apparently a lot of them have been solved by the community

Out of the box it ran hot even at idle. in a game over 100C. With the combination of dell's new emergency firmware and a tweak to a hidden power performance mode setting in windows 10 i can confirm what they found. it now runs very cool at idle and in the 80s during benchmark/games with little to know performance loss. I have 13 more days to determine if i want to return it but performance/$ wise it's looking good now that the heat issues are under control.

Here's a video...
Overheat description and solutions
And the reddit thread he mentions...
reddit Conversation
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
christianfigo wrote: Did you end up keeping the dell? I'm in the same boat
With the fixes from that thread it has been running perfectly. I kept it and have been very happy.
i think there was a a different AMD system since then that sold a bit cheaper but i have no reservations about this one now.