Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7718 posts
984 upvotes
Waterloo

Action camera...

I have 500.00 which camera is the best for the price? Under water and cycling I would be doing mostly...... Was gonna buy the go pro 8 from Costco for 409.99 but may get the go pro 7 but open to other brands...
6 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13111 posts
4437 upvotes
Unless you are going to stream live, there isn't a point to get gopros

Buy a few cheap chinese ones, they're like $40-50 bucks each. This way you won't have to worry about too much losing one and $400+ down the drain.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7718 posts
984 upvotes
Waterloo
I want something of quality lol especially for cycling....
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17577 posts
9914 upvotes
Ottawa
Gopro 7 is a good buy for most people.

We are due for the Gopro 9 in the fall (new Gopro every year).

GoPro 8 has a different form factor than 7/6/5, so GoPro will mostly likely release new accessories that are only designed to fit 8 and newer.

The difference between the 8 and 7 is that the 8's stabilization is slightly better, and you can use stabilization in more video modes. 8 has integrated fingers that flip out. And the lens is non-replaceable in the 8 (so you really should buy this - https://gopro.com/en/ca/shop/mounts-acc ... C-001.html)

I would go for the 8 at least if you buying for the long term. Costco's deal is good. Or wait for the 9 and see how the 8 gets discounted.

Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7718 posts
984 upvotes
Waterloo
warpdrive wrote: Gopro 7 is a good buy for most people.

We are due for the Gopro 9 in the fall (new Gopro every year).

GoPro 8 has a different form factor than 7/6/5, so GoPro will mostly likely release new accessories that are only designed to fit 8 and newer.

The difference between the 8 and 7 is that the 8's stabilization is slightly better, and you can use stabilization in more video modes. 8 has integrated fingers that flip out. And the lens is non-replaceable in the 8 (so you really should buy this - https://gopro.com/en/ca/shop/mounts-acc ... C-001.html)

I would go for the 8 at least if you buying for the long term. Costco's deal is good. Or wait for the 9 and see how the 8 gets discounted.

Currently I have the 7 hero silver tho I like it alot. People are over charging for users gopro black 7..... People wants 300, may as well buy the go.pro 8
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7718 posts
984 upvotes
Waterloo
Bought a go pro 7 black and white with accessories for 400 what a great deal their almost like new condition now I have the white silver and black go pro 7s the black will be used at my sisters wedding with the live stream :)
Aug 27, 2006
516 posts
1161 upvotes
GTA
https://www.larrytheliquidator.ca/colle ... bilization

Just bought a Hero7 Black for $217 + tax with a coupon.
I was gonna post it, but as soon as I bought mine, it went out of stock.

It was Sold Out a couple days ago, but I've been refreshing and bought it as soon as I saw one available.
Thought they restocked it, but maybe someone cancelled their order.