Expired Hot Deals

Active Baby

Diono Radian 3RXT Convertible Car Seat - $359.99 and Free Shipping. Purple and Jet Black only

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 1:19 pm
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta

Diono Radian 3RXT Convertible Car Seat - $359.99 and Free Shipping. Purple and Jet Black only

Deal Link:
Price:
$359.99
Savings:
$70
Retailer:
Active Baby
Hopefully this can help some parents out there looking to get a well reviewed and safe car seat! Looks like just the Purple Plum for sale now, 2020 model which has extended rear facing capabilities and other improvements.

https://www.activebaby.ca/shop-by-categ ... rple-plum/

Enjoy!
Last edited by kragnorok on Jul 13th, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
Still active and in stock today, no expiry that I can see.
Jul 2, 2012
103 posts
45 upvotes
FYI: Only the Purple Plum in the new 2020 (latch) model is selling for the $359.99 price...

The Jet Black one at the same price is not the 2020 (latch) model.

The Jet Black 2020 (latch) model is available for $439.99.

Been looking for new convertible car seat that is NOT a Graco, thanks for posting this!
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
lilbunny wrote: FYI: Only the Purple Plum in the new 2020 (latch) model is selling for the $359.99 price...

The Jet Black one at the same price is not the 2020 (latch) model.

The Jet Black 2020 (latch) model is available for $439.99.

Been looking for new convertible car seat that is NOT a Graco, thanks for posting this!
No worries, hope it helps! I ordered the Jet Black one that is 360, the product descriptions shows all the new specs for 2020 (up to 50 pounds rear facing, etc) so either they are doing a bit of false advertising or they are just getting rid of a batch of 2020s before the new SKU is up. Either way, when it comes if it's the 2019 I am not super concerned, but will be contacting them with evidence that they listed it with 2020 specs to see what they do. The 2019 model will still serve us just fine, we are rocking a 2017 model for my son still and love that one.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1192 posts
880 upvotes
Edmonton
Were these 50% off from Diono direct last year? I remember Diono having a big sale.
Oct 12, 2014
909 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax
kragnorok wrote: No worries, hope it helps! I ordered the Jet Black one that is 360, the product descriptions shows all the new specs for 2020 (up to 50 pounds rear facing, etc) so either they are doing a bit of false advertising or they are just getting rid of a batch of 2020s before the new SKU is up. Either way, when it comes if it's the 2019 I am not super concerned, but will be contacting them with evidence that they listed it with 2020 specs to see what they do. The 2019 model will still serve us just fine, we are rocking a 2017 model for my son still and love that one.
With the 2020 model, I see that their is a superlatch system for purple plum model. Does this now make it super easy to install this Diono carseat?
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
yellowlight18 wrote: With the 2020 model, I see that their is a superlatch system for purple plum model. Does this now make it super easy to install this Diono carseat?
I have a few year old Diono RXT and their latch system is pretty easy to use I think. As long as your vehicle is 20 years old or newer you should be good to install using the anchors.
May 21, 2012
322 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington
kragnorok wrote: I have a few year old Diono RXT and their latch system is pretty easy to use I think. As long as your vehicle is 20 years old or newer you should be good to install using the anchors.
Most vehicles have a limit on the weight of the child or car seat + child for use of lower anchors. Once that weight is reached, you will need to use the seatbelt rather than the lower anchors for installation. Some vehicles are not compatible with Diono seats for a forward-facing seatbelt install. It is best if you can try before you purchase, but I'm not sure any stores are allowing that during COVID.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
muskrat191 wrote: Most vehicles have a limit on the weight of the child or car seat + child for use of lower anchors. Once that weight is reached, you will need to use the seatbelt rather than the lower anchors for installation. Some vehicles are not compatible with Diono seats for a forward-facing seatbelt install. It is best if you can try before you purchase, but I'm not sure any stores are allowing that during COVID.
Ya, there are definitely limits and latch really only should be used rear facing up to a certain weight. We just switched my son over to rear with seat belt and soon he will be going front facing.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2157 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
Can the new models still fit 3 across?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
Supposed to be able to yep, shows even on the box. Looks like the plum one is still available for 360.
May 21, 2012
322 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington
skwan wrote: Can the new models still fit 3 across?
Three across is also going to depend on the vehicle. The middle seat is often too narrow or there is seatbelt overlap that can cause issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4911 posts
1030 upvotes
FYI,

Diono seats are pain in the *** to install. Also, when rear facing they are VERY BIG, even with the angle adjuster (which is an additional cost). I don't know if they updated it, but their child securing pull belt is total trash. I would only buy this if you must fit 3 across.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2157 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
For those with experience on these... When do you use forward facing for your little one? What age?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Mar 18, 2008
628 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto
bluetroll wrote: FYI,

Diono seats are pain in the *** to install. Also, when rear facing they are VERY BIG, even with the angle adjuster (which is an additional cost). I don't know if they updated it, but their child securing pull belt is total trash. I would only buy this if you must fit 3 across.
I’ve bought 4 of them and don’t find them that hard to install, just two latches and one hook for behind the seat. One trick is to put both knees on the seat when tightening, to get that snugness.

I do agree that it takes up a lot of space when rear facing, even with the adjuster. You pretty much give up the front passenger seat, unless you are under 5’2” or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4911 posts
1030 upvotes
typhooney wrote: I’ve bought 4 of them and don’t find them that hard to install, just two latches and one hook for behind the seat. One trick is to put both knees on the seat when tightening, to get that snugness.

I do agree that it takes up a lot of space when rear facing, even with the adjuster. You pretty much give up the front passenger seat, unless you are under 5’2” or something.
4 of them. You're definitely a Diono install pro. I'm spoiled with the Britax clicktight system. Once you've tried it, you can't go back.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Feb 2, 2018
127 posts
28 upvotes
Darn it, miss the deal. How do you guys get this thread pop up on your RFD? When I browse RFD using Android app, this thread did not even come up. I only find out about this after a week.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
69 posts
49 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
gtadealshunting wrote: Darn it, miss the deal. How do you guys get this thread pop up on your RFD? When I browse RFD using Android app, this thread did not even come up. I only find out about this after a week.
Set up alerts on RFD in the tool section, it helps to find stuff you are looking for.
Oct 12, 2014
909 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax
kragnorok wrote: Set up alerts on RFD in the tool section, it helps to find stuff you are looking for.
Is there a way to get text message or email alerts when keyword items you are looking for have a hot deal?