Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto

Acura NSX

Starts around 17minutes on (if you just want to see the NSX)

Est. selling price $150K US
133 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
I'm getting some R8 vibes from this one; nonetheless, I really like it.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Waiting for "blue carl" to come in and bash the heck out of this car :lol:
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10979 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
I like the look of this car. Glad Honda is making a stab at the high performance market again. I'll reserve judgement until driving one...but pretty amazing that this one has pretty much double the hp of the original...should be a rocket. The integration of the various technologies should be interesting.

What do people think about the price point? Not cheap but not expensive?
Apr 2, 2006
144 posts
68 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Waiting for "blue carl" to come in and bash the heck out of this car :lol:
Black'n blue carl, I got this.

Since it's post-2000, by default, it's crap. Under engineered crap.

Overpriced Honda. TT v6? Should be high strung and high revving, NA, like the S2000. Oh wait that was post 2000 as well.

It's not going to be anywhere near as good as the original. Let's forget about progression and just go backwards.

Signed,
Black'n Blue
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
cartfan123 wrote: I like the look of this car. Glad Honda is making a stab at the high performance market again. I'll reserve judgement until driving one...but pretty amazing that this one has pretty much double the hp of the original...should be a rocket. The integration of the various technologies should be interesting.
Care to share on how one gets to test drive this type of vehicle (most likely limited production); without buying one.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
lmnop88 wrote: black'n blue carl, i got this.

Since it's post-2000, by default, it's crap. Under engineered crap.

Overpriced honda. Tt v6? Should be high strung and high revving, na, like the s2000. Oh wait that was post 2000 as well.

It's not going to be anywhere near as good as the original. Let's forget about progression and just go backwards.

Signed,
black'n blue
rofl!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
Can't wait until this hits the market.

I think Honda getting back into F1 is a great thing.
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
vkizzle wrote: Waiting for "blue carl" to come in and bash the heck out of this car :lol:
Ask and you shall receive! :)

First gen Acura NSX was a masterpiece... although the exterior design mimicked Ferraris of the time.

The new NSX looks far too much like an Audi R8, especially from the front and front 3/4 angle.

Why couldn't Honda/Acura devise a V8 powerplant for this car? It is their "halo" car, after all.

The V6 engine note on this car is boring.... sounds like any other J30/J32/J35/J37 V6..... It CERTAINLY doesn't sound like a supercar in the way that a Lexus LFA does.

I'm sure it will handle well though. Let's hope it comes with a manual transmission-- because that's what Honda does best.

Overall verdict: Overpriced for what it is, but at least they're building it!
HONDA LYNCH MOB:DJPeanuts22*L4cky*Cartfan123*EP32K2*Milolai*Spyd3r*UrbanPoet*BarackObama*Craftsman*Tebore*AzNRiverdaleCI Valeradunets:I support your protest-HONDA became***after 2000-Im a tech &replaced MANY cracked blocks EP32k2:Its all true UrbanPoet:Carl was right Thai:Did GM merge w/Honda?Jeebus
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
blacurarl wrote: Ask and you shall receive! :)

First gen Acura NSX was a masterpiece... although the exterior design mimicked Ferraris of the time.

The new NSX looks far too much like an Audi R8, especially from the front and front 3/4 angle.

Why couldn't Honda/Acura devise a V8 powerplant for this car? It is their "halo" car, after all.

The V6 engine note on this car is boring.... sounds like any other J30/J32/J35/J37 V6..... It CERTAINLY doesn't sound like a supercar in the way that a Lexus LFA does.

The hybrid powertrain shares a lot with the 2014 RL..... Not really supercar material.

I'm sure it will handle well though. Let's hope it comes with a manual transmission-- because that's what Honda does best.

Can't say I disagree with you, for the sole fact that any vehicle categorized as a "Supercar"; should not have anything less than a V8 under the hood!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
for that kind of price (est.), rather wait for the next gen GTR
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
vkizzle wrote: Can't say I disagree with you, for the sole fact that any vehicle categorized as a "Supercar"; should not have anything less than a V8 under the hood!

Exactly!

The new Cadillac CTS-V would put this thing to SHAME on the track when it comes to acceleration.... and given the estimated $150,000+ pricetag of the NEWLY DESIGNED NSX... that's simply unacceptable. Or the Challenger Hellcat.

The NSX is forced induction too.... output should be higher.
HONDA LYNCH MOB:DJPeanuts22*L4cky*Cartfan123*EP32K2*Milolai*Spyd3r*UrbanPoet*BarackObama*Craftsman*Tebore*AzNRiverdaleCI Valeradunets:I support your protest-HONDA became***after 2000-Im a tech &replaced MANY cracked blocks EP32k2:Its all true UrbanPoet:Carl was right Thai:Did GM merge w/Honda?Jeebus
Apr 2, 2006
144 posts
68 upvotes

Unfortunately, manual gearboxes are pretty much dead in super cars and will probably be dead in the near future.

The NSX is going to have a 9-spd automated dual clutch system.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/new-ge ... d.html?m=1

I don't think it's overpriced for what it is.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10979 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
vkizzle wrote: Care to share on how one gets to test drive this type of vehicle (most likely limited production); without buying one.
If Acura was smart they would reach out of current owners of the 1st gen NSX. That's how. But no guarantees on that front...

See I don't know about the price being overpriced considering the 911 Turbo has a MSRP in the US of about $150k. Spec wise it seems to line up. Both with V6 Turbos but the NSX has two more motors. I guess the Vette might offer more bang for the buck...but I think it's a different target market. 9 speed auto with no manual option would kill off my interest though. I could care less about "that's the way things are going".

I've driven a Gallardo on the track with e-gear and an R8 around town with that auto transmission and neither did much for me.
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
cartfan123 wrote: If you mean "Man that thing is ON fire!" Then yes...you are correct.

[IMG]http://images-2.drive.com.au/2014/07/25 ... 20x349.jpg[/IMG]

Well said, Sir! Please do consider joining my lynch mob against the Honda Motor Company.

Driving a post-2000 designed Honda, like the one above will leave you with stab wounds from the airbag and burn you alive (see above picture).

IIRC, if you miss your payments, Honda will use satellite technology to kill you in the way I just described. Don't be that person.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
blacurarl wrote: Well said, Sir! Please do consider joining my lynch mob against the Honda Motor Company.

Driving a post-2000 designed Honda, like the one above will leave you with stab wounds from the airbag and burn you alive (see above picture).

IIRC, if you miss your payments, Honda will use satellite technology to kill you in the way I just described. Don't be that person.
*yawn*