• Jan 14th, 2015 1:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
blacurarl wrote: Well said, Sir! Please do consider joining my lynch mob against the Honda Motor Company.

Driving a post-2000 designed Honda, like the one above will leave you with stab wounds from the airbag and burn you alive (see above picture).

IIRC, if you miss your payments, Honda will use satellite technology to kill you in the way I just described. Don't be that person.

give it a rest dude.. your efforts are useless here. maybe try emailing honda head office or writing your thoughts down to The Star

or contact that lucky dude from Montreal, and both of you go protest at the headoffice with the creative avatars you guys created
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
Yet another car with stolen wheel design from the RX-8 R3
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1375 posts
283 upvotes
Mississauga
looks good. first 10 cars sold in Dubai
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
Will Honda ever build anything with more than 6 cylinders?

I'm sure Hyundai/Kia (whom already build V8/AWD and turbo engines) will come up with something that will crush this new NSX at a much lower cost.

And if Peter Schreyer is involved..... it will look better, too.
HONDA LYNCH MOB:DJPeanuts22*L4cky*Cartfan123*EP32K2*Milolai*Spyd3r*UrbanPoet*BarackObama*Craftsman*Tebore*AzNRiverdaleCI Valeradunets:I support your protest-HONDA became***after 2000-Im a tech &replaced MANY cracked blocks EP32k2:Its all true UrbanPoet:Carl was right Thai:Did GM merge w/Honda?Jeebus
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
The previous NSX was amazing because it provided a Ferrari level experience for half the price.

At 150k most would buy an actual proper car (R8/Ferrari) versus a bogus copy-cat.

It will sell as well as the Acura RL (another bogus copy cat)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7628 posts
2174 upvotes
How to buy a Ferrari at $150k? You can't even get a Porsche 911 turbo for that amount.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19126 posts
9046 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
blacurarl wrote: Exactly!

The new Cadillac CTS-V would put this thing to SHAME on the track when it comes to acceleration.... and given the estimated $150,000+ pricetag of the NEWLY DESIGNED NSX... that's simply unacceptable. Or the Challenger Hellcat.

The NSX is forced induction too.... output should be higher.
There is more to life than acceleration numbers. Honda is striving for a balanced vehicle like the original NSX. There's a reason why the NSX-R completed the Nurburgring in under 8 minutes despite being so underpowered compared to modern day supercars back then.

RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
633 upvotes
The front should be more aggressive, but other than that, it is awesome!
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
blacurarl wrote: Will Honda ever build anything with more than 6 cylinders?

I'm sure Hyundai/Kia (whom already build V8/AWD and turbo engines) will come up with something that will crush this new NSX at a much lower cost.

And if Peter Schreyer is involved..... it will look better, too.
If Honda didn't build a V8 ten years ago...they sure aren't going to now. When you consider F1 moved away from the glorious sounding V8's to the hybrids...that was the reason Honda got back in. Other than this car they just haven't shown much interest in sports cars and performance...it's mostly Eco, boring and smaller. The CRZ is the perfect summary of what Honda is now if you catch my drift. If you watch the presentation they allude back to the days of Senna (involved with the 1st gen) with zero reference to any living race car driver having input. Disconnected? Lame? Yes and yes.

That's why for me I'd have to drive it to compare. Some of the specs look juicy so I'll give it a chance. I'd have to agree with the other posters, it does look an awful lot like the R8 which I'm sure it will be compared to...but at $150k it's no deal like the original. Sorta of reminds me of the Nexus 6 smartphone oddly enough....
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
They explicitly said no to both V8s and a RWD sedan. Both items are likely going to be things we'll never see from Honda.
Nov 28, 2011
888 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
Glad the production model is as sexy (or even sexier) than the prototype.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
295 upvotes
This looks stunning. Looks like it's going to be a performer with that really advanced drive-train. I'm excited.
Feb 4, 2007
237 posts
33 upvotes
North York
This is awesome, can't wait to see review when it hit the road!!!!

Tbh, the engine sounds boring.

I really like HSV-010, that HR10EG V8 is one of the best sounded engine, so sad it is gone and will never hit the production line.
Jan 5, 2015
73 posts
4 upvotes
Cloud
They got rid of the iconic NSX tail light/wing styling. This is no longer a NSX to me, it's a totally new model. An NSX should always have the H (for Honda) style rear brake lights/tail end styling.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
From the Wiki page,

Honda has never built a V8 for passenger vehicles. In the late 1990s, the company resisted considerable pressure from its American dealers for a V8 engine with American Honda reportedly sending one dealer a shipment of V8 beverages to silence them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5697 posts
1522 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
milolai wrote: The previous NSX was amazing because it provided a Ferrari level experience for half the price.

At 150k most would buy an actual proper car (R8/Ferrari) versus a bogus copy-cat.

It will sell as well as the Acura RL (another bogus copy cat)
The NSX would probably cater to a different market. R8/Ferrari is more for those status-orientated than strictly performance per dollar. I see a lot more GTRs than R8s yet isn't the R8 starting at only slightly more?

That being said think for what it is it is a little overpriced, especially with the GTR to compete against.
Accountant (Public Practice)
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: If you watch the presentation they allude back to the days of Senna (involved with the 1st gen) with zero reference to any living race car driver having input. Disconnected? Lame? Yes and yes.
Agreed. They should let the man rest in peace.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cartfan123 wrote: If Acura was smart they would reach out of current owners of the 1st gen NSX. That's how. But no guarantees on that front...

See I don't know about the price being overpriced considering the 911 Turbo has a MSRP in the US of about $150k. Spec wise it seems to line up. Both with V6 Turbos but the NSX has two more motors. I guess the Vette might offer more bang for the buck...but I think it's a different target market. 9 speed auto with no manual option would kill off my interest though. I could care less about "that's the way things are going".

I've driven a Gallardo on the track with e-gear and an R8 around town with that auto transmission and neither did much for me.
Comparing this japanese turd to a german pedigree that has been proven decade after decade? Sorry, honda is nowhere NEAR the same calibre. The original NSX was a technological marvel with the all aluminum build and a high revving v6. This one is nothing special, aside from the disgusting MSRP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)