• Jan 14th, 2015 1:12 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
EP32k2 wrote: Comparing this japanese turd to a german pedigree that has been proven decade after decade? Sorry, honda is nowhere NEAR the same calibre. The original NSX was a technological marvel with the all aluminum build and a high revving v6. This one is nothing special, aside from the disgusting MSRP.
Couldn't agree more!

You should join my lynch mob against the Honda Motor Company!

Current members of said mob include (but not limited to): cartfan123, UrbanPoet, ... EP32k2?
HONDA LYNCH MOB:DJPeanuts22*L4cky*Cartfan123*EP32K2*Milolai*Spyd3r*UrbanPoet*BarackObama*Craftsman*Tebore*AzNRiverdaleCI Valeradunets:I support your protest-HONDA became***after 2000-Im a tech &replaced MANY cracked blocks EP32k2:Its all true UrbanPoet:Carl was right Thai:Did GM merge w/Honda?Jeebus
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
blacurarl wrote: Couldn't agree more!

You should join my lynch mob against the Honda Motor Company!

Current members of said mob include (but not limited to): cartfan123, UrbanPoet, ... EP32k2?
please add me

if i wanted something fast i'd get a GTR

If i wanted something with better pedigree for the same money it would be the 911 Turbo or R8.

The NSX gives neither at the 150k price point.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
no vtec no care

Redline too low @ 7500rpm. Even the FRS/BRZ has a similar redline and costs 1/5 the price.

I could get a Porsche 911 GT3 which is a purer sports car than the NSX ever will be for $150K.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2030 posts
575 upvotes
m4r 1k8
the best looking super car? yusss it looks so baller.
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
milolai wrote: please add me

if i wanted something fast i'd get a GTR

If i wanted something with better pedigree for the same money it would be the 911 Turbo or R8.

The NSX gives neither at the 150k price point.

Welcome aboard! Welcome to the mob!
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: no vtec no care

Redline too low @ 7500rpm. Even the FRS/BRZ has a similar redline and costs 1/5 the price.

I could get a Porsche 911 GT3 which is a purer sports car than the NSX ever will be for $150K.

Will you be joining the anti-Honda mob too?

*Disclaimer*: Only post-2000 designed Honda models apply
HONDA LYNCH MOB:DJPeanuts22*L4cky*Cartfan123*EP32K2*Milolai*Spyd3r*UrbanPoet*BarackObama*Craftsman*Tebore*AzNRiverdaleCI Valeradunets:I support your protest-HONDA became***after 2000-Im a tech &replaced MANY cracked blocks EP32k2:Its all true UrbanPoet:Carl was right Thai:Did GM merge w/Honda?Jeebus
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
blacurarl wrote:
Will you be joining the anti-Honda mob too?

*Disclaimer*: Only post-2000 designed Honda models apply
count me in

Honda I am disappoint
Banned
Oct 17, 2013
2337 posts
461 upvotes
T.O.
Sig updated with current lynch mob members.

New members are always welcomed :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3125 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
Looks great. Price seems a bit high, but only after the track times and reviews come in will we know if the new NSX will be worthy of its price and name.

In other news the new Ford GT looks great too, and the CF tub ia really something new in a Ford. That 3.5 TT pumping out over 600HP kinda worries me though, but 2JZs proved that it could be done and be reliable almost two decades ago, let's just see if Ford is up to the task.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
3039 posts
2516 upvotes
Markham
MikeMC12 wrote: Looks great. Price seems a bit high, but only after the track times and reviews come in will we know if the new NSX will be worthy of its price and name.

In other news the new Ford GT looks great too, and the CF tub ia really something new in a Ford. That 3.5 TT pumping out over 600HP kinda worries me though, but 2JZs proved that it could be done and be reliable almost two decades ago, let's just see if Ford is up to the task.
Unfortunately nobody including Toyota will build engines like a 2JZ anymore. The days of the 2JZ was when Toyota purposely overbuilt that engine to ensure that the roughly 320hp from those twin turbos wouldn't cause an issue to the engine internals. Cast iron blocks like the 2JZ are a thing of the past, their durability has been put aside in favour of aluminum which is lighter. For faster cars the light weight makes them ever faster, for economy cars it'll improve fuel economy. That said I'm not saying aluminum engine blocks aren't strong, only these days they build them to met spec partially due to the cost of aluminum relative to iron but also exceeding specs simply isn't a goal that is worthwhile to them. There are tuned FRS/BRZs with their FA20 engines that can handle 600 hp from aftermarket turbochargers...but unlike the old 2JZ, most of the stock internals have to go.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
I think Honda priced it right. They obviously done their research and know $150k price point is the sweet spot. That's why BMW priced it at $145k and why Audi raised the price of the R8. The GT-R used to be the bargain of the century, but demand drove the prices high, and so Nissan had to adjust.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Man, talk about underwhelming, esp after years of those teaser Seinfeld commercials. The front looks weird. Ford GT is where it's at atm.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4418 posts
1724 upvotes
Toronto
blacurarl wrote: Sig updated with current lynch mob members.

New members are always welcomed :)
You guys hate Honda for no reason.

There is already a crowded space for super car.
If you want a V8 at the same price, there are already a lot of cars such as Audi R8 with better brand recognition.
If you want speed in this price range, you can just get Nissan GTR.

The new NSX is designed as a first Hybrid supercar. The original NSX was never the fastest car but Honda's design is always trying to build the most efficient car. The original NSX is lighter than Ferrari (aluminum unibody) and also very economical (V6 gas) in the supercars.

The new NSX is the same. It is trying to achieve GTR performance while maintaining high fuel efficiency.

There are couple of advantages using hybrid
1. Higher efficiency for accelerating (look at Tesla)
2. Higher Fuel efficiency
3. Lighter 4WD system for torque vectoring

In result, NSX should be as fast as GTR while it
1. Consumes much less gas
2. Handles better (100% torque vectoring)

That's what the original NSX is about ( superior handling, efficient while still fast).

Acura NSX was never targeted for general public. If you want high redline, just get a Civic Si or BRZ (or used S2000) so you can rice it up.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Ceryx wrote: You guys hate Honda for no reason.

There is already a crowded space for super car.
If you want a V8 at the same price, there are already a lot of cars such as Audi R8 with better brand recognition.
If you want speed in this price range, you can just get Nissan GTR.

The new NSX is designed as a first Hybrid supercar. The original NSX was never the fastest car but Honda's design is always trying to build the most efficient car. The original NSX is lighter than Ferrari (aluminum unibody) and also very economical (V6 gas) in the supercars.

The new NSX is the same. It is trying to achieve GTR performance while maintaining high fuel efficiency.

There are couple of advantages using hybrid
1. Higher efficiency for accelerating (look at Tesla)
2. Higher Fuel efficiency
3. Lighter 4WD system for torque vectoring

In result, NSX should be as fast as GTR while it
1. Consumes much less gas
2. Handles better (100% torque vectoring)

That's what the original NSX is about ( superior handling, efficient while still fast).

Acura NSX was never targeted for general public. If you want high redline, just get a Civic Si or BRZ (or used S2000) so you can rice it up.
Good points... I'll wait for 5 years...then by that time depreciation will have set in and real world data and reliability available. I think the car looks a bit dated mostly due to the familiar lines of the R8..so picking one up in around the 70-80k range in 5 years should be achievable.

The 1st gen was always criticized for lack of hp, lack of V8 growl or whatever but every time I get in it and fire it up and drive with its 5 speed manual tranny and no power steering...it's a howl. It will NEVER be a dated car in terms of driving experience with its mere 275hp...it remains the perfect balance of performance and power. It is also more engaging to drive than the R8. That's what I want to see..is the new NSX engaging to drive? As a 550hp beast with little driver engagement doesn't appeal to me...I'd rather a car slower around the track that is fun to drive vs on purely on rails. We shall see...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
170 upvotes
What a disappointment in terms of aesthetics. They took a beautiful timeless classic and hacked it into something completely different. You don't see the Germans messing around with their classics like the 911.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15846 posts
10524 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: for that kind of price (est.), rather wait for the next gen GTR
Acura should have waited until today to release. There is no way I would want a 2009 NSX after seeing the 2016 Ford GT that really stole the show.

And why cartfan123 you change avatar? Much disappoint.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7628 posts
2174 upvotes
Although I have been disappointed with pretty much all Honda products in the past few years, the NSX is a bargain at the price with hybrid tech for performance. You simply don't get anything similar for the price. The only downside is the interior which I wish could be better. The exterior is cool just like the concept. Overall, I'm impressed. Now only if they do the same to the entire Acura lineup.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Si98 wrote: What a disappointment in terms of aesthetics. They took a beautiful timeless classic and hacked it into something completely different. You don't see the Germans messing around with their classics like the 911.
The visual of the 991 does nothing for me and with many iterations not offering a manual...I'd say they are messing around pretty good.
koffey wrote: Acura should have waited until today to release. There is no way I would want a 2009 NSX after seeing the 2016 Ford GT that really stole the show.

And why cartfan123 you change avatar? Much disappoint.
It's still me I just grew a moustache and did some lifting.

Agree on Ford GT...much pow! And good reference to 2009 NSX...I got that.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
This new NSX will put Acura back on track.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: Man, talk about underwhelming, esp after years of those teaser Seinfeld commercials. The front looks weird. Ford GT is where it's at atm.
The Ford GT is definitely the star of the show. They nailed the styling perfectly. Stole the NSX's spotlight.

I would've preferred if they use a V10 or V12 engine instead. Just to maintain its spot at the top of the Ford hierarchy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)