• Aug 1st, 2019 2:38 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
106 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto

Acura RDX

Hello All, I'm looking to purchase a used RDX but I notice the 2016, 2017, and 2018 seem to be pretty much the same, just with minor changes from what I can tell. If I can save some money getting a 2016 rather than a 2018 then I might consider a 2016.

Can anyone confirm if in fact these years are pretty much identical and are there any owners of these model years than can provide any pros and/or cons to this vehicle? What should I look out for when I look at these models and or does anyone prefer one year over the other. Basically any feedback you can provide would be great.

I wanted to add if anyone can help me with pricing on these models, the tech or elite models and what I should expect to pay, that would be great too!!!!

Thanks
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6755 posts
5521 upvotes
CBB will give you a price range.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
106 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote: CBB will give you a price range.
I'm not familiar with CBB. Is that the abbreviation? Do you have the link?.

Thx
Sep 25, 2018
853 posts
1574 upvotes
TASP1978 wrote: I'm not familiar with CBB. Is that the abbreviation? Do you have the link?.

Thx
If you googled it, you'll know it's Canadian Black Book.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
106 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
AlicW93740 wrote: If you googled it, you'll know it's Canadian Black Book.
If you google CBB, it comes up with many things such as Celebrity Big Brother. If I don't have a clue what I'm googling to begin with, CBB can stand for many things!

Now that I know its Canadian Black Book, which to me the title hadn't lead me to believe it's about car prices.., you have helped me immensely now.

P.S. people need to stop assuming everyone knows about cars. This is why we come to these forums to ask for help. I'm a newbie, put some respect on that!

Now if anyone can kindly help with feedback on those model years as to pros and cons based on experience that would be greatly appreciated
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6755 posts
5521 upvotes
I guess google has personalize result a bit, my 1st result for CBB is the right site.

Canadian Black Book can give you trade-in or resell value of old cars up to 10 years. There is always a bit of market condition they can't account for but it's a good range. For more local range of prices, autotrader.ca and Kijiji will be your go to. The listing price may be high because they usually anticipate low ballers and Kijijidiots.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
106 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote: I guess google has personalize result a bit, my 1st result for CBB is the right site.

Canadian Black Book can give you trade-in or resell value of old cars up to 10 years. There is always a bit of market condition they can't account for but it's a good range. For more local range of prices, autotrader.ca and Kijiji will be your go to. The listing price may be high because they usually anticipate low ballers and Kijijidiots.
Interesting!! For me Celebrity Big Brither is my first result when I google CBB. Canadian Black Book is 3 results down.

Thank you very much for providing this info. I will start my search for pricing in those areas.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2064 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
To OP:

I leased a 17 RDX from late 16 and just recently returned the car. Here are my 2 cents on my experience.

from 2016 to 2018 the car is identical with no changes at all. It is a 3.5L V6 with no Turbo, but premium fuel is recommended. You can use regular gas, but after few months you will start to hear knocking in the engine. This makes me think the engine prefer premium gas.

As for mileage, on the highway this car is almost perfect, I got as low as 6.5L/100km on the highway, with no hard acceleration or staying below 100km/hr. In the city it is a completely different story. I averaged about 12, sometimes over 13L/100km, which is abysmal. This car has what they call engine management, which shuts off half the cylinders at cruising speeds.

Overall comfort is great in the car. Things are positioned at almost perfect locations, the seats are comfortable for long drives. I liked the dual screen center infotainment as it can display a lot more information so I can see without having to adjust (this definitely is an adjustment now that I have changed to a different car). Though some of the infotainment items are quite old, as there is not much things that you can change, and no Apple Carplay and Android Auto.

What made me return the car at lease end instead of buying it out? Mainly because of gas. My current situation is a lot more city driving vs when I first got the RDX, so I am paying about $150-$200 a month in gas alone. I got fed up with playing the price game with these greedy gas stations here in the GVR region, so I returned the car and got a PHEV.

Hope this helps your decision OP.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
106 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
libballeng wrote: To OP:

I leased a 17 RDX from late 16 and just recently returned the car. Here are my 2 cents on my experience.

from 2016 to 2018 the car is identical with no changes at all. It is a 3.5L V6 with no Turbo, but premium fuel is recommended. You can use regular gas, but after few months you will start to hear knocking in the engine. This makes me think the engine prefer premium gas.

As for mileage, on the highway this car is almost perfect, I got as low as 6.5L/100km on the highway, with no hard acceleration or staying below 100km/hr. In the city it is a completely different story. I averaged about 12, sometimes over 13L/100km, which is abysmal. This car has what they call engine management, which shuts off half the cylinders at cruising speeds.

Overall comfort is great in the car. Things are positioned at almost perfect locations, the seats are comfortable for long drives. I liked the dual screen center infotainment as it can display a lot more information so I can see without having to adjust (this definitely is an adjustment now that I have changed to a different car). Though some of the infotainment items are quite old, as there is not much things that you can change, and no Apple Carplay and Android Auto.

What made me return the car at lease end instead of buying it out? Mainly because of gas. My current situation is a lot more city driving vs when I first got the RDX, so I am paying about $150-$200 a month in gas alone. I got fed up with playing the price game with these greedy gas stations here in the GVR region, so I returned the car and got a PHEV.

Hope this helps your decision OP.
This is awesome info you provided. Thank you so much!!
Sep 25, 2018
853 posts
1574 upvotes
TASP1978 wrote: If you google CBB, it comes up with many things such as Celebrity Big Brother. If I don't have a clue what I'm googling to begin with, CBB can stand for many things!

Now that I know its Canadian Black Book, which to me the title hadn't lead me to believe it's about car prices.., you have helped me immensely now.

P.S. people need to stop assuming everyone knows about cars. This is why we come to these forums to ask for help. I'm a newbie, put some respect on that!

Now if anyone can kindly help with feedback on those model years as to pros and cons based on experience that would be greatly appreciated

You can also add more context so google can find the closet result for you. For example you are talking about used cars so if you google "CBB used cars" you'll get much better results.
Sorry for not being clear before. Canadian Black Book was the first result for me, I forgot the result is personalized.

http://www.vmrcanada.com/ is another website you can use.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
106 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
AlicW93740 wrote: You can also add more context so google can find the closet result for you. For example you are talking about used cars so if you google "CBB used cars" you'll get much better results.
Sorry for not being clear before. Canadian Black Book was the first result for me, I forgot the result is personalized.

http://www.vmrcanada.com/ is another website you can use.
Ok. Great. I will check that site too. Thank you!