Automotive

Acura RDX Platinum Elite Vs Subaru Outback Premium (NOT XT-TURBO) (Both premium trim/top of the line)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 5:39 pm
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes

Acura RDX Platinum Elite Vs Subaru Outback Premium (NOT XT-TURBO) (Both premium trim/top of the line)

Acura RDX Vs Subaru Outback (Both premium trim/top of the line)
Last edited by Blessed. on Sep 23rd, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 7, 2007
5286 posts
2894 upvotes
Used car vs. new car, if the price is exactly the same?

I would recommend the new car, because it will have a longer warranty (and obviously everything is brand new). That's just me.

Between Acura vs. Subaru reliability, it should be about the same.

A top-of-the line 2022 Outback has a lot of equipment. You could compare feature vs. feature, but I think it's roughly the same. Maybe the Subaru comes on top, based on Driver Assist Technology .

I guess the Acura is a different brand / image.

I would be happy with any, but I am biased for the new car.
1494 posts
995 upvotes
Manitoba
For baller status, I would get the Acura...but if I want to be practical, I would get the Subie.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17993 posts
17034 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: For baller status, I would get the Acura...but if I want to be practical, I would get the Subie.
There's absolutely zero baller status with Acura. Just get the suby. New and warranty.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10703 posts
4062 upvotes
Took a long hard look at both vehicles and chose the Outback over the RDX. Mainly because I couldn't stand the stupid touchpad in the RDX and a fully loaded Outback cost much less than a similarity equipped RDX
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1494 posts
995 upvotes
Manitoba
EP32k2 wrote: There's absolutely zero baller status with Acura. Just get the suby. New and warranty.
Let me add, *perceived* baller status. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12306 posts
4791 upvotes
Toronto
motomondo wrote: Used car vs. new car, if the price is exactly the same?

I would recommend the new car, because it will have a longer warranty (and obviously everything is brand new). That's just me.
Same here, I would buy the new car given same price, same features,
An Acura isn't really that luxury, any car opted to the max trim will have all the features that an Acura has ,
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2891 posts
2260 upvotes
Markham
I'd also join the chorus here and say the Subaru is the better choice.

As for the RDX, I haven't seen any mechanical issues that seem widespread yet, but one item that appears to be a notable problem is the RDX's infotainment 2019+, that seems to be a more unreliable aspect of this car. There was even a thread just a few weeks back regarding a 2021 with problems.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2021-acura-rdx-carplay-infotainment-problems-2486196/
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes
blexann wrote: Took a long hard look at both vehicles and chose the Outback over the RDX. Mainly because I couldn't stand the stupid touchpad in the RDX and a fully loaded Outback cost much less than a similarity equipped RDX
In my case , prices are same as I'm buying the fully loaded RDX which is used compared to a fully loaded Outback ! If the prices are same, what would you suggest ?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17993 posts
17034 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MK1986 wrote: In my case , prices are same as I'm buying the fully loaded RDX which is used compared to a fully loaded Outback ! If the prices are same, what would you suggest ?
Everyone has already told you to get the suby, yet you keep asking the same question over and over again. Across multiple threads I might add. It’s clear you made up your mind. Get the used Acura then.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1170 posts
750 upvotes
TDot
MK1986 wrote: In my case , prices are same as I'm buying the fully loaded RDX which is used compared to a fully loaded Outback ! If the prices are same, what would you suggest ?
I know you said fully loaded, but does that mean the Outback has the turbo engine? Also is a "sporty" drive important to you?
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes
IndusVally wrote: I know you said fully loaded, but does that mean the Outback has the turbo engine? Also is a "sporty" drive important to you?
Outback doesn't have Turbo engine, the regular version with fully loaded ! Turbo Engine costs another 3000K
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Everyone has already told you to get the suby, yet you keep asking the same question over and over again. Across multiple threads I might add. It’s clear you made up your mind. Get the used Acura then.
The only reason is I had paid a deposit of $1000 for the used ACURA !
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1554 posts
2161 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote: Same here, I would buy the new car given same price, same features,
An Acura isn't really that luxury, any car opted to the max trim will have all the features that an Acura has ,

Features and options don't mean luxury.
A full loaded Kia Soul has more features than a base BMW X5.
Matter of fact, lower end cars like Hyundai and Kia always have more standard features than luxury brands like BMW and Mercedes.
Jun 21, 2009
899 posts
348 upvotes
EST
EP32k2 wrote: There's absolutely zero baller status with Acura. Just get the suby. New and warranty.
"Platinum Elite" sounds like a baller trim, though!
Nov 23, 2011
70 posts
152 upvotes
For what it's worth, I like the RDX more. It drives better and in my opinion, the interior is a lot more luxurious feeling than the Subaru. Looks wise, the RDX blows it out of the water again. I'm not sure about cargo space, but RDX is routinely tops in this category.

Where Subaru takes the edge is probably value for money. So if you don't mind paying extra for something that might only be slightly better, keep the RDX deposit.

If you want more for your money, considering the warranty and starting with 0km on a reliable brand, go with the Subaru.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1170 posts
750 upvotes
TDot
MK1986 wrote: Outback doesn't have Turbo engine, the regular version with fully loaded ! Turbo Engine costs another 3000K
You still didn't mention if "driving dynamics" is important to you. But still, in this case definitely get the RDX, vastly superior handling, acceleration and no new car depreciation.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes
I took both for a test drive, Subaru interior looks good with brown leather but still doesn't have that luxurious looks nor the power whereas RDX interior looks luxurious and I could feel the power ! But again I don't have much knowledge about cars in general !
[OP]
Apr 5, 2017
842 posts
201 upvotes
IndusVally wrote: You still didn't mention if "driving dynamics" is important to you. But still, in this case definitely get the RDX, vastly superior handling, acceleration and no new car depreciation.
I drive at least 120 kms everyday , 90% of my driving is on 401 ! I really don't know what you mean by driving dynamics, if its related to power, I prefer powerful vehicles !

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)