• May 18th, 2021 7:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 8, 2017
63 posts
37 upvotes

Which address should I use?

I want to apply for a credit card, and I wonder which address do the credit agencies have on file that I should go with?
Right now I have 2 addresses that I use: one is my sisters' address registered with my bank, and another is my parents address registered with the CRA. I don't use my own current address since I'm renting short term.
  • It's not free when you have to pay for it.
3 replies
Apr 26, 2017
46 posts
38 upvotes
Check your credit report on Credit Karma and/or Borrowell.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
5632 posts
3144 upvotes
sahands334 wrote: I want to apply for a credit card, and I wonder which address do the credit agencies have on file that I should go with?
Right now I have 2 addresses that I use: one is my sisters' address registered with my bank, and another is my parents address registered with the CRA. I don't use my own current address since I'm renting short term.
your sisters' address registered with your bank because the credit info are form the banks.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12174 posts
15259 upvotes
Vancouver
Go with wherever address you receive your mail at since that's where the card will be sent. It doesn't matter if what you put on the application doesn't match what the credit bureaus have on file. It's the lenders that pass your address info on to the bureaus, not the other way around.