Hot Deals

[adidas] 50% off Outlet - Do Not Ask for Additional Codes or Offer Codes!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 10:59 pm
Aug 7, 2019
13 posts
5 upvotes
I drove straight to a Footlocker to try on the right size before I ordered the UB19 (it was in my cart), but by the time I got to Footlocker, they fixed the pricing for the UB19 checkout.....

Still ordered C80s and UB119 with a code. Came in today
Dec 5, 2009
97 posts
23 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:15 pm
Uh, do you just wear one pair of shoes until they're worn out before starting another pair?

I think most people cycle through multiple pairs. It also helps them last longer if you don't wear them every day.
My post was directed to those that end up buying so many shoes that they have pairs just sitting in their closet that they won't get around to wearing for another few years.
Oct 25, 2001
362 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Alpine84 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:33 pm
My post was directed to those that end up buying so many shoes that they have pairs just sitting in their closet that they won't get around to wearing for another few years.
Pretty sure people like that don't care much for fashion trends... Or are following years behind anyway.
Jan 13, 2017
451 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
If you get Ultraboost, it won't go out of style anytime soon. It makes Adidas ton of $$, so they're gonna keep milking it.

Adidas just started releasing "futurecraft" 3D printed sole this year, but that tech is still expensive AF right now.
Last edited by vicktnguyen on Aug 9th, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 5, 2009
97 posts
23 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:47 pm
Pretty sure people like that don't care much for fashion trends... Or are following years behind anyway.
The people scrambling for < $100 UB (which seems like the majority of this thread) probably care about trends. If they truly didn't care the majority of this thread would be about shoes that are $30 after discount.
Dec 5, 2009
97 posts
23 upvotes
vicktnguyen wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:55 pm
If you get Ultraboost, it won't go out of style anytime soon. It makes Adidas ton of $$, so they're gonna keep milking it.

Adidas just started releasing "futurecraft" 3D printed sole this year, but that tech is still expensive AF right now.
Not disputing how comfortable UB's are as I have many pairs and still wear them but unfortunately they are already out of style...
May 31, 2019
2 posts
Anyone else got delievered the wrong size? lol
Box said 9. Shoe was a 7 :(
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2216 posts
1842 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Everyone going for these ubs...missed out on the $25 superstar originals unbelievable e price
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2009 posts
345 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Alpine84 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:33 pm
Just took out my UB 2.0 Shock Mint out of the closet after 2+ years, didn't get out of style, nor do I think 1.0-4.0 ever will.
The style is so classic it will be popular forever.

UB19 are a bit more modern.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1082 posts
75 upvotes
Alpine84 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:01 pm
Not disputing how comfortable UB's are as I have many pairs and still wear them but unfortunately they are already out of style...
Looking around school, less kids wear them compared to a few years ago. Since UB have been out for almost a decade, only the last 2 years, you started to see more variations and sub 100 sale prices. A few years back, you wouldnt find sizes or UB under $200.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11192 posts
1840 upvotes
Alpine84 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:01 pm

They only lost their hype. So you won't see UBs worn as a fashion accessory as much these days... not because it's out of style, but because it is so widely available. Those who proclaim "Boost is dead" are just looking at it from a Hypbeast POV. They are not exclusive, not limited, and not hard to get, but they still sell very well for adidas.

I agree with @toyopl UB is a classic silhouette now. It's instantly recognizable like many classic silhouettes that are 20/30/40 years old. Its impact in the sneaker industry is massive. There's a reason why the silhouette only had minor tweaks between versions until the UB19 released and why the the 4.0 are still sold and used in more collabs than the UB19... it's still widely loved.
jon604 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 1:51 am
Looking around school, less kids wear them compared to a few years ago. Since UB have been out for almost a decade, only the last 2 years, you started to see more variations and sub 100 sale prices. A few years back, you wouldnt find sizes or UB under $200.
UB came out 4.5 years ago. Boost tech debuted in 2013. And kids don't want to wear them because their parents are now wearing them.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3482 posts
821 upvotes
Alpine84 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:08 pm
To those that are buying years worth of shoes... Just remember... by the time you work your way to the last pair of shoes that you bought they will likely be out of style. Even if you got them for 80% off, fashion trends change FAST...
Just trying to help those that are spending too much (I've learned my the hard way, and regardless of how fantastic these sales are... i've realized i'm wasted a TON of money...)
I often wait to break out a pair of shoes after people have stopped wearing them.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3482 posts
821 upvotes
My order from Tuesday evening is supposed to arrive Monday.

Still waiting on my other two Thursday orders.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

tworaynz