• Aug 2nd, 2019 6:13 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4009 posts
1682 upvotes
M-Arkham
hostlead wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 11:39 pm
I have 3 pairs for sale if anybody is interested.
1) Didn't like them enough that I wanted to keep them: https://www.adidas.ca/en/u_path-run-shoes/G27638.html in size 10 and 10.5 - $60
2) I like these but I'm usually a size 10.5 and these are too large for me. https://www.adidas.ca/en/i-5923-shoes/BD7812.html in size 10.5 - $60

Gonna return them if nobody wants them.
Yeah, those i5923, its not true to size, need to go down 1/2 a size.

If anything, Adidas been pissing me off with their sizing, it's all over the place, the only one I got a recently with a really good true to size fit would be the ultraboost, crazy byw and the response boost, everything else seems like I need to go up or go down
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4521 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
Brewmeanie wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 12:20 am

If anything, Adidas been pissing me off with their sizing, it's all over the place, the only one I got a recently with a really good true to size fit would be the ultraboost, crazy byw and the response boost, everything else seems like I need to go up or go down
Their sizing is all over the place.. i5923 is size 9.5 for me.. nmd sz 10, UB 10.5, yeezy SZ 11
Dec 9, 2014
172 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
Brewmeanie wrote:

I got two pairs of shoes and they're both a full size bigger than they should be smdh.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4009 posts
1682 upvotes
M-Arkham
KnobHillFarms wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 1:58 am
I got two pairs of shoes and they're both a full size bigger than they should be smdh.
that's why i started to try out shoes when possible at my local addidas store, footlocker and sportchek before I go buy them online at adidas.ca
Nov 13, 2006
874 posts
253 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Brewmeanie wrote:

That's odd — Ultraboost and I-5923 are both true to size for me.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4009 posts
1682 upvotes
M-Arkham
that's why im annoy with adidas, it's all over the places for sizes
Jun 18, 2015
151 posts
133 upvotes
sooksook wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 3:37 am
Yeah, I also think the Iniki/I-5932 is true to size. Got a pair on now, normal size 11, and just a couple of millimetres between my big toe and the front of the shoe. I think what throws people is that the 5932 has a wide toe box and very little structure, so your foot feels loose in it almost like it's a slipper. It's just meant to be a very loose-fitting, casual city shoe, not something you'd ever wear in a gym or going on a hike.
Nov 26, 2015
598 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Codes are only working for $100 and up?
I have one shoes in my cart which is $85 and cant apply any discount...
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11541 posts
2950 upvotes
GTA
krnmeraiya wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 10:36 am
Codes are only working for $100 and up?
I have one shoes in my cart which is $85 and cant apply any discount...
We have another one :facepalm:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11228 posts
1867 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote:

sooksook wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 3:37 am

Brewmeanie wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 4:06 am
that's why im annoy with adidas, it's all over the places for sizes
Adidas sizing is inconsistent, but it's only really width-wise. Iniki/I-5923/NMD/Nite Joggers/etc have very similar mid soles (and identical in some cases) and all fit wide. UltraBoost are much more narrower. If you are the same size in both, you probably have narrow or normal width feet. Wide footers tend to either go up a 1/2 or 1 size for Ultraboost or down 1/2 or 1 size for Iniki/I-5923/NMD/Nite Joggers/etc.

It really depends on how you like wearing your shoes and your foot shape to know what's normal. Some people like having an inch between the toes and the front of the shoe. Some people like having no gap. Some people like loose shoes, some people like tight shoes. Some people have flat feet (this makes NMDs uncomfortable as those blocky parts jab into the foot) and some have high arches (this makes it tighter around the mid foot when wearing sneakers with Primeknit like UB). When someone says they have wide feet, it could mean wide around the toes, wide mid foot and/or fat ankles. It could mean 2E or 4E or 9E wide... though if you are 9E, you already know you nothing will fit you properly.

The best advice I can give is go to a store an try on a bunch of sneakers you're interested in. If you feel bad about wasting the employees' time, then hit up the outlet shops. Then you know your size for the future. Also this isn't strictly an adidas problem. Nike is just as bad.
Mar 8, 2012
392 posts
68 upvotes
Montreal
deezz wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 10:52 pm
How did you even find the thread? You must have gone back quite a few pages...?
Nope it was on the right side
Nov 13, 2006
874 posts
253 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 3:07 pm
Adidas sizing is inconsistent, but it's only really width-wise. Iniki/I-5923/NMD/Nite Joggers/etc have very similar mid soles (and identical in some cases) and all fit wide. UltraBoost are much more narrower. If you are the same size in both, you probably have narrow or normal width feet. Wide footers tend to either go up a 1/2 or 1 size for Ultraboost or down 1/2 or 1 size for Iniki/I-5923/NMD/Nite Joggers/etc.

It really depends on how you like wearing your shoes and your foot shape to know what's normal. Some people like having an inch between the toes and the front of the shoe. Some people like having no gap. Some people like loose shoes, some people like tight shoes. Some people have flat feet (this makes NMDs uncomfortable as those blocky parts jab into the foot) and some have high arches (this makes it tighter around the mid foot when wearing sneakers with Primeknit like UB). When someone says they have wide feet, it could mean wide around the toes, wide mid foot and/or fat ankles. It could mean 2E or 4E or 9E wide... though if you are 9E, you already know you nothing will fit you properly.

The best advice I can give is go to a store an try on a bunch of sneakers you're interested in. If you feel bad about wasting the employees' time, then hit up the outlet shops. Then you know your size for the future. Also this isn't strictly an adidas problem. Nike is just as bad.
You're right, I don't have wide feet I don't think. The length is perfect on I-5923 but it is quite roomy on the sides. I bought my UB on faith online and went with my true size, luckily the Primeknit material is stretchy so it fits more like a sock and conforms to your foot while the former does not. Best advice though is yes, to try them on in a store first to make sure.
Beware the RFD Effect
Nov 13, 2006
874 posts
253 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
noelwc wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2019 9:27 am
Yeah, I also think the Iniki/I-5932 is true to size. Got a pair on now, normal size 11, and just a couple of millimetres between my big toe and the front of the shoe. I think what throws people is that the 5932 has a wide toe box and very little structure, so your foot feels loose in it almost like it's a slipper. It's just meant to be a very loose-fitting, casual city shoe, not something you'd ever wear in a gym or going on a hike.
Ya, the I-5923 is one of the strangest sneakers I've ever tried on, the toebox is so "floppy." But at the same time it has the perfect amount of Boost underneath so it's one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I own.
Beware the RFD Effect
Mar 12, 2017
823 posts
1989 upvotes
Yep, returning my I-5923. Fits way too loose for my liking. Also seems like a crazy wide shoe which doesn’t work with my narrow girly like feet.

Best way to describe the shoe is sloppy. And for me to return a $38 pair, it’s pretty bad.