[adidas] ADIDAS Sneaker Promotion

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 4:25 pm
[OP]
Jun 30, 2019
28 posts
53 upvotes

[adidas] ADIDAS Sneaker Promotion

I did not find anything that I like but maybe some of you will enjoy!
29 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2975 posts
1356 upvotes
Mississauga
No UBs. Cold.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25484 posts
3679 upvotes
Hamilton
yo2boy wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:29 pm
No UBs. Cold.
No UBS for $85 no care?
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
May 7, 2019
29 posts
46 upvotes
Using Superstars and UBs in the promotional banner but not actually having them on sale... disappointing :(.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11264 posts
1881 upvotes
yo2boy wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:29 pm
No UBs. Cold.
There are no UB in this sale, but that doesn't make the sale cold. It's a decent sale still. Good if you need/want to diversify your sneaker game. The sale has a few good classic sneakers like Superstars and Continentals. The Nite Joggers, Pureboosts, and Solarboosts are alternative adidas sneakers for those who don't like UB.

And for you pot heads out there., here's an awesome shoe for you: https://www.adidas.ca/en/samba-og-shoes/DB3011.html. BUT before you buy, I feel I need to do a mini review.

adidas "Good Vibes" Samba
Good: Materials are fantastic. The suede is ultra plush. The purple velvet looks amazing in person and pics do not do it justice. The tongue has a stash pocket... yes... a stash pocket. It also has a translucent sole with the a 4 and a 20 on the bottom of the sneakers.
Bad: In the initial pictures of the sneaker, the words "Good Vibes" are printed on the heel, but the actual shoes are blank
Ugly: So that 4 and 20 they put on the soles.... well they got it backwards. If you put your feet up it says "20 4", not "4 20"
Also this part really bothered me, but some of you might not care at all. The clear mid soles expose the laziness in the construction of the shoe. One of the stripes doesn't go all the way down. Normally, you wouldn't see this, but translucent soles exposes all. Seems like the QA was high when these were made.

Overall, my issues are minor to nonexistent for others. And you can fix they 20 4 screw up by always crossing your feet when showing off your soles. Otherwise this is a fantastic looking sneaker. One last thing to note. These do run narrow.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3491 posts
2106 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I'm waiting for Yeezy 500 white launch tmr instead.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11264 posts
1881 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 12:09 am
I'm passing on the 500s because I got lucky with the surprise drop of the Yeezy 350 v2 Statics a few days ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2374 posts
1003 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 12:09 am
Please be joking.
Nov 13, 2006
875 posts
253 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 11:45 pm
There are no UB in this sale, but that doesn't make the sale cold. It's a decent sale still. Good if you need/want to diversify your sneaker game. The sale has a few good classic sneakers like Superstars and Continentals. The Nite Joggers, Pureboosts, and Solarboosts are alternative adidas sneakers for those who don't like UB.

And for you pot heads out there., here's an awesome shoe for you: https://www.adidas.ca/en/samba-og-shoes/DB3011.html. BUT before you buy, I feel I need to do a mini review.

adidas "Good Vibes" Samba
Good: Materials are fantastic. The suede is ultra plush. The purple velvet looks amazing in person and pics do not do it justice. The tongue has a stash pocket... yes... a stash pocket. It also has a translucent sole with the a 4 and a 20 on the bottom of the sneakers.
Bad: In the initial pictures of the sneaker, the words "Good Vibes" are printed on the heel, but the actual shoes are blank
Ugly: So that 4 and 20 they put on the soles.... well they got it backwards. If you put your feet up it says "20 4", not "4 20"
Also this part really bothered me, but some of you might not care at all. The clear mid soles expose the laziness in the construction of the shoe. One of the stripes doesn't go all the way down. Normally, you wouldn't see this, but translucent soles exposes all. Seems like the QA was high when these were made.

Overall, my issues are minor to nonexistent for others. And you can fix they 20 4 screw up by always crossing your feet when showing off your soles. Otherwise this is a fantastic looking sneaker. One last thing to note. These do run narrow.
Wasn't expecting such a detailed sneaker review on RFD 🤣. Really unique pair, shame about the missing heel tab text. Wondering how that velvet is going to hold up to dirt and grime though and cleaning though...
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1833 posts
426 upvotes
Scarborough
Duuuuude wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 1:55 am
Please be joking.
I understand people have different preferences but man are they ugly..

They look like jabba the huts on your feet.... Or walking with several turds or tumors stuck to your feet.

Only people i ever see wearing them are foreign students. I like to think their style is simply based on sorting by price in descending order.