• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 8:25 am
[OP]
Sep 5, 2008
792 posts
772 upvotes
Port Moody

[adidas] Five Ten Mountain Bike Shoes (Hellcat, Freerider) 40% off

Great deal on these Five Ten mountain bike shoes for flat pedals or clipless. I rarely see them for this discount despite the frequent Adidas promotions. Thought it was a decent selection.

I have a pair of the Trailcross... more of a standard fit (although I have a wide foot).

I just bought some Etnies Culvert from prfo.com (if you want those instead, use code LASTCALL20$ to make them $105 all in), otherwise I would probably pick up a pair of the Adidas.

Alright, now time to go shred!
Five_Ten_Hellcat_Pro_Mountain_Bike_Shoes_Black_FW3753_01_standard.jpg
15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2000 posts
736 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thanks\ ordered 2 pairs

ORDER DETAILS
Five Ten Hellcat Mountain Bike Shoes
COLOUR: Core Black / Core Black / Cloud White
SIZE: 11 / Quantity: 1
paid C$ 114 for C$ 190

Five Ten Hellcat Pro Mountain Bike Shoes
COLOUR: Core Black / Hazy Yellow / Red
paid C$ 138 for $230
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4019 posts
1100 upvotes
Brampton
jshebib wrote: thanks\ ordered 2 pairs

ORDER DETAILS
COLOUR: Core Black / Core Black / Cloud White
paid C$ 114 for C$ 190

COLOUR: Core Black / Hazy Yellow / Red
paid C$ 138 for $230
Are you looking to keep both, or return the one you like least? Any experience with their return policy?

EDIT: I did the same, ordered both the regular and pro, will decide if the pro is worth the extra.
Last edited by prod on Sep 14th, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Nov 14, 2011
34 posts
23 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Hows the fit for wide feet?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6049 posts
4489 upvotes
M-Arkham
prod wrote: Are you looking to keep both, or return the one you like least? Any experience with their return policy?
Return is pretty straightforward and easy, as long as you stick to the guideline.

Only thing that may irk some people, the wait time for a CC/paypal refund could be anywhere from 2-4 weeks, since their return department is super slow at fund processing.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Dec 18, 2011
540 posts
446 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Takeo1 wrote: Hows the fit for wide feet?
Its like old skate shoes. Close your eye and remember skating with a pair of duff, etnies, dcshoes while listening to nofx or bad religion !

The fit its the same!
Jan 19, 2007
640 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Not very knowledgeable here. Can or should these shoes be used with regular pedals that have those grippy "spikes" on them? All i have are spongy running shoes which get chewed up by the spikes. If these arent right, can someone point me as to what i should be looking at? A regular skate shoe?
Apr 7, 2007
740 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Great deal if they have your size. Makes a big difference and will make you more confident when riding technical stuff. I paid about 170 with GST for a pair of free riders at the beginning of summer.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2008
792 posts
772 upvotes
Port Moody
no8t4 wrote: Not very knowledgeable here. Can or should these shoes be used with regular pedals that have those grippy "spikes" on them? All i have are spongy running shoes which get chewed up by the spikes. If these arent right, can someone point me as to what i should be looking at? A regular skate shoe?
Yes, that's what they're for... just get the shoes with the flat bottoms. They have super sticky rubber compound to help your feet stay on the pedals in bumpy terrain. They're much more durable than your running shoes for that. You can also look at the Etnies I posted in the original post... they look pretty good too and a bit cheaper.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2000 posts
736 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
prod wrote: Are you looking to keep both, or return the one you like least? Any experience with their return policy?

EDIT: I did the same, ordered both the regular and pro, will decide if the pro is worth the extra.
love 5/10 ... have had a pair that have lasted 2+ years. i actually use them riding downhill and x-country. nice rigid sole
will try out both apirs and decide whether to keep or return. not really sure if i care between regular and pro... just want to get shoe that feels comfortable for riding
Aug 2, 2014
537 posts
536 upvotes
Vancity
I hate how flat pedal/MTB bike shoes have such a boxy, skater look.

Patiently waiting for 510 trailcross to go on sale.
Mar 7, 2011
293 posts
343 upvotes
Surrey, BC

Don't know if this applies to Hellcat but probably does.
I have regular free riders, friend has free rider pro. The pros are significantly less comfortable. Way harder and more rigid. For us, riding casually, the regular free rider is plenty good enough. I imagine you'd find the same with hellcat.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2000 posts
736 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
received the two pairs. fast shipping

a bit disappointed as i thought they included an insert to make the whole sole flat (my previous 5/10 had a piece that just screwed in) ... just makes it a bit neater if you arent going to install clips

otherwise, great shoes ... happy to add them to my collection and going to keep both pair
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4019 posts
1100 upvotes
Brampton
fruitpunch.ben wrote: Don't know if this applies to Hellcat but probably does.
I have regular free riders, friend has free rider pro. The pros are significantly less comfortable. Way harder and more rigid. For us, riding casually, the regular free rider is plenty good enough. I imagine you'd find the same with hellcat.
Yup, I received them today, pretty quick.
The pros are getting returned, I did not like the fit. The arch and width seemed off compared to the non-pro, but may be part of the design.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2045 posts
473 upvotes
Looks like its dead. Says Five Ten shoes are excluded from all promotions and coupons. Wish i saw this earlier.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?