• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 1:56 pm
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4909 posts
6124 upvotes
Thanks for posting. One of the real great Canadian heroes
I'd upvote this more than once if I could.

Cheers, KH
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2944 posts
846 upvotes
MTLCPA wrote: Not exactly a hot deal, but 100% of net proceeds go to the Terry Fox Cancer Foundation
Very limited sizes of his classic shoes unfortunately. Thumbs up for Terry though!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7268 posts
1803 upvotes
If Adidas really want to contribute the best they can, they should have way more stock and sizes. I want to get the shoes, but no sizes at all. Might as well just donate to the Terry Fox Cancer Foundation.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1767 posts
1035 upvotes
Sask
My niece learned about him in school last year. So glad he is still part of the curriculum. One of the true Canadian heroes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7400 posts
6394 upvotes
golden wrote: If Adidas really want to contribute the best they can, they should have way more stock and sizes. I want to get the shoes, but no sizes at all. Might as well just donate to the Terry Fox Cancer Foundation.
To be fair to Adidas, this is (at least) the 3rd time they've released the 40th anniversary Orion.

They also had the regular Orion (non 40th anniversary edition) in the Terry Fox blue colourway on sale in May: adidas-creators-club-week-40-off-sitewide-2466236/
Mar 23, 2004
47134 posts
13325 upvotes
Markham
golden wrote: If Adidas really want to contribute the best they can, they should have way more stock and sizes. I want to get the shoes, but no sizes at all. Might as well just donate to the Terry Fox Cancer Foundation.
I am surprised the orion is not limited like the UB. The UB only has 2020 stock (2 left for 10.5 and 5 left for 11), total not per size I am guessing.

Bought the UB to support the cause, OP upvoted for the charity purpose of this deal.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24725 posts
199439 upvotes
GTA
Exactly - they're leaving a lot of money on the table for the scalpers instead.

Gotta love the people trying to flip these for 3x the price and actually stating "with proceeds going to the Terry Fox Foundation"...might be 1 or 2 out there trying to legitimately do that but not the majority...
Mar 10, 2010
283 posts
791 upvotes
Calgary
Madchester wrote: To be fair to Adidas, this is (at least) the 3rd time they've released the 40th anniversary Orion.

They also had the regular Orion (non 40th anniversary edition) in the Terry Fox blue colourway on sale in May: adidas-creators-club-week-40-off-sitewide-2466236/
True enough but the Terry Fox run is an annual event every September. You would think they would up the production around this time with the increased demand.

Anyways, Upvoted to support the Terry Fox Foundation and for Cancer research
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7400 posts
6394 upvotes
brung wrote: True enough but the Terry Fox run is an annual event every September. You would think they would up the production around this time with the increased demand.

Anyways, Upvoted to support the Terry Fox Foundation and for Cancer research
The Adidas Orion kinda comes and goes in the Adidas lineup. It's not a regular like the Stan Smith or Superstar.

My take is Adidas used the 40th Anniversary Terry Fox release to re-introduce the Orion to their lineup. I noticed they were selling a cream-coloured Orion at my local store - never seen those before. (Also why they had the navy Orion w/o Terry Fox branding after the 40th anniversary release)

It's the same way Adidas introduced the Forum 84 to re-hype the entire Forum lineup. There was a lot of buzz from the Michael Jordan Last Dance doc last summer, and it timed perfectly with the Forum 84 launch. FYI - Jordan wore the original Forum for the 1984 USA Basketball intersquad games. (Los Angeles 1984 Olympics, basketball was held at the LA Forum)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2761 posts
1922 upvotes
Your carbon footprint will be 0 if you donate directly Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1680 posts
728 upvotes
We have been running in the annual Terry Fox run every year since 2005 and had bought every single one of the Terry Fox run t-shirt since then.

I have been a runner all my life and had completed 2 marathons so I know how hard it is. Terry Fox ran a marathon every day for 143 days on one good leg. There is no truer Canadian hero.

If you want to support a great cause, it might be better to buy directly from the source. You would also be paying $20 for a t-shirt instead of $35-$40 from Adidas.

https://shop.terryfox.org/
Jul 12, 2018
165 posts
425 upvotes
Maybe Adidas could just donate to the Terry Fox Foundation and promote it on their platforms instead of selling clothing items in limited quantities and sizes.

A direct donation to the foundation is a much more effective way to make a difference.

Buying $250 UBs will kick back around $25 to the cause, maybe $30. But buying normal clearance $130 UBs will allow you to donate $120 to the cause and keep the same overall budget. True, they won’t be navy blue. 🥸
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6692 posts
6350 upvotes
Ottawa
fleeecy wrote: Maybe Adidas could just donate to the Terry Fox Foundation and promote it on their platforms instead of selling clothing items in limited quantities and sizes.
Nothing stopping the people in this thread from doing the same.
Very often giving something in return for a "donation" is another methodology we can employ to raise funds.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1365 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto
Do not see the Orion. :facepalm:
Apr 22, 2021
5 posts
3 upvotes
Well I didn't know I was buying a new set of running shoes today, but needed a new pair and what better way to buy a quality shoe. Thanks OP. :)
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12483 posts
3202 upvotes
This thread is a day too late. They came out yesterday at 10am.

The UB was limited, but it was also released last year. They barely sold any with only size 13 selling out... I know because that's my size and I couldn't get them last year. When they loaded in this time all sizes were available except size 13. So it didn't even seem like they made any more. Personally, I wanted a pair to support the cause, but wished that Adidas wasn't so lazy with the UB design. No where on the UB says Terry Fox. The least they could have done was include the same special laces like the Orions.

BTW, Orions loaded in up to size 11. The large sizes moved quickly.

The t shirts and maybe the shoes are available in few select stores:
Toronto Yonge & Dundas
Woodbridge
Vancouver Brentwood

I went the Yonge/Dundas location yesterday. They had shirts, but no shoes. I ask and the person working there said no shoes came with the delivery. So not sure if that store got them today, will receive them later or never. Might be worth a try if your really looking for a pair.

Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1628 posts
1167 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
No question this guy should be on the new $5 bill