Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Adidas Ultra Boost 3.0 for $178 CDN shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2017 4:29 pm
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1081 posts
225 upvotes
Careful...don't be confused and believe this is being shipped from Canada. The site allows Canadian orders, but items are being shipped across the Atlantic and you could get dinged by customs. I've ordered items from another bike shop and it's been a hit and miss when it came to customs...so YMMV.
Feb 10, 2014
44 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone ordered from them before? Are they legit?
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
163 posts
125 upvotes
humansoul wrote: Careful...don't be confused and believe this is being shipped from Canada. The site allows Canadian orders, but items are being shipped across the Atlantic and you could get dinged by customs. I've ordered items from another bike shop and it's been a hit and miss when it came to customs...so YMMV.
Ahh... well that's a bit worrisome. Hopefully it's nothing too egregious.
Dec 6, 2013
371 posts
331 upvotes
Montreal
if anyone can confirm that they haven't gotten dinged by customs I'm in
this site makes me save and spend most of my $$$
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1081 posts
225 upvotes
moufasa wrote: sorry for derailing but does anyone know if this site is legit for UB?

http://www.yeezymark.com/index.php/ultra-boost.html

prices are in USD but they have colors that aren't available elsewhere and still comes up to under 200CAD
Based on a quick scan..I'd stay away:

Title: Best Real Boost On Sale | YeezyMark.com

Domain Age: 178 Days
Last Refreshed: Just now
Website Speed: Slow

Owner: songsong lin
Owner Address: beijing
Owner City: beijing
Owner Postcode: 100000
Phone Number: +86.18750692701 China
Phone Type: mobile : China Mobile
Email: China Related to 3 sites

Owner Country : China China
Website Location : United States United States

Probable website origin :-
85%; China China
15%; United States United States

Notes:-
Alert ResultThis website is 178 Days old
Alert ResultThe website expected life (365 days) is relatively short.
Alert ResultThe website appears to be less than six months old
Alert ResultThis website setup involves countries known to be high risk
Alert ResultThis website is likely to be operating from a high risk country

Analysis Details:-
This webite is very new , and as such doesn't have an online reputation yet. As with all new businesses , we suggest that you take care and if necessary get in contact with the owners before placing an order of value.
This site has a high risk country associated with it. This may be as you expect but care should be taken if purchasing an item from a site that you didn't expect to be associated with the countries listed above. Certain countries are listed as being high risk because of the high percentage of online fraud or tendency to send fake/replica items.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectancy, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent and fake selling websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
163 posts
125 upvotes
halhen1 wrote: Are you people dumb?

Of course this site isn't legit.
Where have you seen anything that indicates ProBikeKit isn't legit? I did a bit of research before ordering and everything I've read indicates that it's a legitmate company.
Jun 30, 2009
832 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
I've had good luck in the past with ordering stuff from ProBikeKit without getting it by customs but it's definitely a YMMV situation. If you sign up for their newsletter they often have extra coupon codes so you may be able to get an extra 10-15% off on your order.

Edit: The other posters are correct. PBK is not Canadian but based out of the UK. They have a variety of domain designations for the shipping regions you can select. However, they are a legit company.
Last edited by Crappymonkey on Aug 18th, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
163 posts
125 upvotes
Looks like all mens sizes OOS. Still some women sizes though.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4967 posts
2387 upvotes
Markham
bobbyhavoc wrote: Where have you seen anything that indicates ProBikeKit isn't legit? I did a bit of research before ordering and everything I've read indicates that it's a legitmate company.
did you actually do research

a cursory google on the name yielded this. Consensus is that it is based elsewhere putting orders at risk of getting dinged by customs.

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/probikekit.ca
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
163 posts
125 upvotes
evoviii wrote: did you actually do research

a cursory google on the name yielded this. Consensus is that it is based elsewhere putting orders at risk of getting dinged by customs.

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/probikekit.ca
I mean, customs risk aside, it's obviously a legitimate company - even on the link you provided 71% of reviews were either 'Excellent' or 'Great'. So I'm not sure how it could be construed that the company is not legitimate.

Now, are there customs risks? Yes - we're still talking about $90 off retail for a product that is very difficult to acquire at retail prices. Hoping for the best, but even the worst case scenario isn't too preposterous.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21199 posts
10696 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
dicecube wrote: Lol
+1
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1076 posts
312 upvotes
GVR
bobbyhavoc wrote: Where have you seen anything that indicates ProBikeKit isn't legit? I did a bit of research before ordering and everything I've read indicates that it's a legitmate company.
Pretty sure he's talking about "yeezymark.com" with the LV & Gucci Ultraboosts lol

In fact, he even quoted the question he was replying to ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4967 posts
2387 upvotes
Markham
bobbyhavoc wrote:
I mean, customs risk aside, it's obviously a legitimate company - even on the link you provided 71% of reviews were either 'Excellent' or 'Great'. So I'm not sure how it could be construed that the company is not legitimate.

Now, are there customs risks? Yes - we're still talking about $90 off retail for a product that is very difficult to acquire at retail prices. Hoping for the best, but even the worst case scenario isn't too preposterous.
The issue is why your deal is getting downvoted is that you left out where it's coming from in your original post and the price is very YMMV due to customs.
In my post, where did I question legitimacy.

This isn't class grade, vast majority of companies on trustpilot are near 100%.

71% rating means 3 out of 10 had unresolved issues.

probikekit.ca reviews
Average 6.4 from 0 - 10

87 reviews on Trustpilot
Not inviting
Rating distribution

Excellent 51%
Great 20%
Average 3%
Poor 8%
Bad 18%
Dec 30, 2016
8 posts
I've ordered ton of bike stuff from ProBikeKit over five years no issues with them. You may get dinged with customs though but you may not, they ship through the national postal service so it's up to CanadaPost to catch it.