Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo

Admin Fees on used car?

Thought the law in Ontario was the dealer could only charge tax beyond the advertised price. If they have any fees there are to be applied before the advertised price. Is this only for new cars and not used? Contacted a dealer yesterday and they came back with their current advertised price, then added user fees on top.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1425 posts
110 upvotes
when I negotiate for new or used cars.. I always tell them to remove the admin fee
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13008 posts
7798 upvotes
Brampton
hagbard wrote: Thought the law in Ontario was the dealer could only charge tax beyond the advertised price. If they have any fees there are to be applied before the advertised price. Is this only for new cars and not used? Contacted a dealer yesterday and they came back with their current advertised price, then added user fees on top.
I believe for the most part that is correct.
If they charge other fees like Safety and E-test they need to mention it in the ad. Eg the Car is not Road worthy.
I noticed this on some cars I was looking at, Some would be Price + Tax, others were Price + Tax and in fine print the car is not worthy Etest and safety available. Some were charging over a grand for that.

https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Consumer ... icing.aspx

Some Used car dealers are really shady, if they are playing these kinds of games you should report them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)