• Aug 18th, 2021 7:33 pm
[OP]
May 4, 2020
323 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On

Adobe Acrobat DC vs Adobe Pro DC

Hi

What is the differnce between Adobe Acrobat DC (that comes from Adobe Creative Cloud) and Adobe Pro DC?
14 replies
[OP]
May 4, 2020
323 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
Thank you. The links do not answer my question? What I want to know if Adobe Pro Dc is available through Adobe Certive Cloud. Thank you.
Oct 19, 2008
395 posts
546 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
lwlwlwlw wrote: Thank you. The links do not answer my question? What I want to know if Adobe Pro Dc is available through Adobe Certive Cloud. Thank you.
The links do answer your question. The question you ask in Post #3 is not the question you ask in Post #1.
To answer your new question, it explicitly shows on the Adobe website what is included in Creative Cloud.
https://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud.html
[OP]
May 4, 2020
323 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
Thank you, Your link says that "Acrobat DC" is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. I am still confused. is Acrobat DC = Adobe Pro DC? Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5716 posts
5385 upvotes
Vancouver
Acrobat DC = Acrobat Pro DC

Acrobat Pro DC is just the full name of the application.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2042 posts
1444 upvotes
Vancouver
Acrobat DC is just the Reader. Acrobat Pro DC is the PDF Editor. Not sure what comes with CC by default.
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6921 posts
4655 upvotes
SW ON
kramer1 wrote: Acrobat DC is just the Reader. Acrobat Pro DC is the PDF Editor. Not sure what comes with CC by default.
Did they drop the word "Reader" from the name? I am pretty sure there is Acrobat Reader DC.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2042 posts
1444 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmmm, now I am not sure. I just checked the one installed on my mac and it says Adobe Acrobat DC, but when you start the app, it says Acrobat Pro DC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5716 posts
5385 upvotes
Vancouver
kramer1 wrote: Acrobat DC is just the Reader. Acrobat Pro DC is the PDF Editor. Not sure what comes with CC by default.
No
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5716 posts
5385 upvotes
Vancouver
alpovs wrote: Did they drop the word "Reader" from the name? I am pretty sure there is Acrobat Reader DC.
They never dropped the word Reader.

Acrobat can refer to Standard or Pro. But definitely not Reader.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5716 posts
5385 upvotes
Vancouver
kramer1 wrote: IDK about that - https://get.adobe.com/reader/
You said "Acrobat DC is just the Reader."

That's never the case. If it's Reader, they will say Reader. If Adobe says Acrobat by itself, they're referring to one of the paid versions.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2005
5076 posts
1466 upvotes
Kitchener
Here's what my company has for it's Adobe Creative Cloud annual subscription. The Pro is a couple of bucks more per month
Screenshot_20210818-192816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)