Expired Hot Deals

Adobe.com

Adobe CC existing photography plan - 3 months free - YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2021 4:49 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA

[Adobe.com] Adobe CC existing photography plan - 3 months free - YMMV

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Adobe.com
More offers from Adobe.com
I was looking to cancel my Adobe CC photography plan as I am not using it much for sometime.

While cancelling, it is giving next free 90 days offer to reconsider cancellation

Could be just YMMV but worth trying it if you already have Adobe CC subscription (and please lets not debate on the whole subscription model).
Untitled.jpg

Also, while cancelling it is giving option for All apps subscription for $38.99 CAD a month which is quite good as compared to regular subscription.
31 replies
Member
Mar 18, 2005
420 posts
383 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Thanks! I just got 2 months free. It was asking me to pay a cancellation fee for ending my "yearly sub, paid monthly" contract, but I clicked on "next" and the offer came through.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1251 posts
581 upvotes
Free is always good. That said, may I suggest Affinity Photo as an alternative? I used Adobe’s suite for years. It’s excellent but so expensive. The rental aspectswore on me. I found I was using PS and Acrobat the most. So, I tried a couple of alternatives for each. Affinity won in the end as a replacement for PS. Incredible power at the price and well supported. Currently, Photo is on sale for only $35. Free 90 day trial and v1.9 was just released.
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2014
848 posts
924 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Prof wrote: Free is always good. That said, may I suggest Affinity Photo as an alternative? I used Adobe’s suite for years. It’s excellent but so expensive. The rental aspectswore on me. I found I was using PS and Acrobat the most. So, I tried a couple of alternatives for each. Affinity won in the end as a replacement for PS. Incredible power at the price and well supported. Currently, Photo is on sale for only $35. Free 90 day trial and v1.9 was just released.
I've been running a trial of Affinity Photo recently. Seems like they unfortunately don't have a substitute for Lightroom yet. Are you running something else as substitute to Lightroom?
Jr. Member
Jun 21, 2011
161 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
No offers as I believe I went through this a while ago, but I did find out CAD billing is available, so thanks OP! That’s a few bucks saved.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
Prof wrote: Free is always good. That said, may I suggest Affinity Photo as an alternative? I used Adobe’s suite for years. It’s excellent but so expensive. The rental aspectswore on me. I found I was using PS and Acrobat the most. So, I tried a couple of alternatives for each. Affinity won in the end as a replacement for PS. Incredible power at the price and well supported. Currently, Photo is on sale for only $35. Free 90 day trial and v1.9 was just released.
I would consider Luminar 4 as suitable alternative( which I got for free from one of the promotions by Luminar themselves or probably it was intel with purchase of new processor )
For Raw file editing, it's quite capable.
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC
I want so badly to leave the Lightroom trap. My problem is that I edit on a MacBook (main editor/importer) in which I upload smart previews to the Adobe Cloud (unlimited free storage of smart previews with the photography CC plan). I then can edit my entire catalog on the go on my iPad or Note 20. They update so seamlessly.

I have tried all of the others but the cross platform ease of syncing and stuff, Adobe CC can't be touched. I have my ENTIRE catalog at my disposal anytime I feel like sorting, flagging, staring, adding keywords, deleting, editing on the go etc.

PS: Thanks for the tip I got 2 months and my plan extended from April till June :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1990 posts
4666 upvotes
Vancouver
I hate that Lightroom:
1) is a fairly expensive subscription
2) is so good and essential to my photo workflow (importing, processing, organizing)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1635 posts
1626 upvotes
Pallet Town
Thanks OP, got 2 months free!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3872 posts
3946 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They always give you something when you ask to cancel.

The other tidbit I do is cancel and signup as new user whenever they have the 40%ish off promo. Kind of annoying to jump through the hoops but its worth it for the recurring savings.
Newbie
Nov 15, 2003
30 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Got two months free and found out they finally have a pricing in Canadian dollars, which I’ll switch to in 2 months.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1251 posts
581 upvotes
lefroset wrote: I've been running a trial of Affinity Photo recently. Seems like they unfortunately don't have a substitute for Lightroom yet. Are you running something else as substitute to Lightroom?
Lightroom has great functionality. I’ve read that Serif is working on tools that will bring Photo closer to the mix of PS (editing) and Lightroom (workflow). At the present, it can probably replace the former but not the latter. I’m not a heavy user so the trade offs were worth the savings. I do appreciate how numerous the options have become. Unless we’re tied to a commercial environment, it’s almost always possible to find a workable and (much) cheaper option.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
Davhur wrote: I want so badly to leave the Lightroom trap. My problem is that I edit on a MacBook (main editor/importer) in which I upload smart previews to the Adobe Cloud (unlimited free storage of smart previews with the photography CC plan). I then can edit my entire catalog on the go on my iPad or Note 20. They update so seamlessly.

I have tried all of the others but the cross platform ease of syncing and stuff, Adobe CC can't be touched. I have my ENTIRE catalog at my disposal anytime I feel like sorting, flagging, staring, adding keywords, deleting, editing on the go etc.

PS: Thanks for the tip I got 2 months and my plan extended from April till June :)
Adobe's cloud capabilities and being seamlessly available across all devices irrespective of OS platforms is definitely one of their strong selling points.
Newbie
Dec 16, 2008
87 posts
33 upvotes
Does anyone know if this will work if you sign up and cancel immediately? Had a subscription but, cancelled it a while ago.
“You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.”

Aristotle.
Member
Jun 18, 2008
466 posts
220 upvotes
Calgary
guyincognito wrote: Thanks! Got two months free and found out they finally have a pricing in Canadian dollars, which I’ll switch to in 2 months.
How do you switch to pricing in Canadian $?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2757 posts
1615 upvotes
Toronto
coolaw79 wrote:
Also, while cancelling it is giving option for All apps subscription for $38.99 CAD a month which is quite good as compared to regular subscription.
If you have kids or a teacher yourself, you can get the educational price at 60% off for $25.99/mth CAD.

I'm not sure how they verify given many are 'teaching' their kids at home during COVID. Would that would qualify? :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2009
3344 posts
558 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I probably use Lightroom 90% of the time and split the remaining 10% between Capture One and Photoshop.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Newbie
Apr 14, 2017
74 posts
148 upvotes
And don't forget that all three Affinity products (Photo, Designer, Publisher) are currently 50% off, which is $35 CAD.

Affinity Photo's Inpainting tool is worth the cost of AP alone!

Link: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/
Last edited by peternfalls on Feb 10th, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC
coolaw79 wrote: Adobe's cloud capabilities and being seamlessly available across all devices irrespective of OS platforms is definitely one of their strong selling points.
Believe me, if there was anything remotely close, I would jump ship in a heartbeat!

Top