Tags:
None
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1225 posts
42 upvotes
North Vancouver
Nice deal OP - I already have an account, otherwise I'd jump on this for sure. I've been an Adobe customer for over 30 years (crazy, huh?) and their customer service went downhill over 10 years ago, otherwise I'd call and see if they could adjust my subscription price.
Cloudnyne wrote: The annual plan for All Apps subscription on sale right now till July 17th.

US $39.99/month (normally $52.99)
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1067 posts
1009 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I though Adobe had a credit card (CC) now when I first read it
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jan 20, 2018
108 posts
402 upvotes
You could get 50% off if you do the following:
1. Sign up for trail. Adobe Free Trail
2. Wait couple days
3. Cancel the trail plan and sometimes you will see a special promotion pop up automaticaly, normally it will be 15% off only.
4. Chat Adobe support online, tell them you are starting up a new buiness or having difficulties during the pandemic, anyway make an exuse. Ask them if they can give you any discount, normally they will provide 50% off the first year easily. Or they might waive three months fee free.
Aug 25, 2010
162 posts
215 upvotes
My All Apps subscription ends this month. Wanted to get the 25% off promo but it's for new customers only. Tried the cancelling process, the on screen offer was 2 months free on a new annual plan. Then I clicked to chat for a custom offer. Initially they said no discount for me, so I said I'll just cancel. Then they offered US$29.99/month for annual renewal. So I agreed : )

If my annual contract wasn't ending though I doubt they would give me any discount or cared if I cancelled since I would need to pay 50% of the remaining months left to end my contract.
Jan 7, 2020
27 posts
201 upvotes
B.C
I get the yearly subscription for US $ 220, comes around to $18/mo. It is not the student offer and It's not just the photography suite, It's everything.
If I'm not mistaken, I think its even lower than the student offer.

So, I'd say the posted deal is not great at all.
MC World Elite: HSBC Jade, BMO, RBC WestJet, PC, Rogers
AMEX Platinum, Gold, Cobalt
Visa Infinite: CIBC Aventura, RBC Avion, TD Aeroplan, Scotiabank Momentum
Fido 6 GB + Pixel 4XL -$52/mo & 4GB x2 Data only $0/mo
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1673 posts
1694 upvotes
Markham, ON
whysignup wrote: I get the yearly subscription for US $ 220, comes around to $18/mo. It is not the student offer and It's not just the photography suite, It's everything.
If I'm not mistaken, I think its even lower than the student offer.

So, I'd say the posted deal is not great at all.
How do you get this deal?
Hi!
Jan 7, 2020
27 posts
201 upvotes
B.C
You can look for Adobe partners here and contact a reseller on your own. I am not sure if I would be breaking any RFD rules if I were to refer you to the Adobe reseller/partner from whom I purchase my yearly subscription. (if i am not, then you can message me and I can refer you) Platinum and gold resellers get better rates. But you may get lucky with other tiered sellers as well. AFAIK you don't necessarily have to select your own country. I don't think you'd be breaking any rules purchasing from them. I have used my adobe cc account across the world, haven't faced any issues so far. Thank God.
Jan 7, 2020
27 posts
201 upvotes
B.C
at87on wrote: How do you get this deal?
Everyone's been asking me about this, so I have created a group buy thread.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21968 posts
1747 upvotes
Shanghai, China
What's the cheapest way to get Adobe Lightroom? I'm not as interested in the other Adobe apps, but if it's a good deal, I wouldn't mind paying for it.
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: What's the cheapest way to get Adobe Lightroom? I'm not as interested in the other Adobe apps, but if it's a good deal, I wouldn't mind paying for it.
The $10 USD Lightroom+Photoshop plan is the cheapest way. Sign up for a free trial, let it expire, and see if you get a coupon.

Don't buy Lightroom 6... it's too outdated and doesn't work with new .Xmp Lightroom presets.
Aug 24, 2005
367 posts
258 upvotes
This isn't a great deal. I get an email from Adobe once a month offering me 40% off. You can probably negotiate a better deal with them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6974 posts
2617 upvotes
Vancouver
Sgt_Strider wrote: What's the cheapest way to get Adobe Lightroom? I'm not as interested in the other Adobe apps, but if it's a good deal, I wouldn't mind paying for it.
441278904 wrote: The $10 USD Lightroom+Photoshop plan is the cheapest way. Sign up for a free trial, let it expire, and see if you get a coupon.

Don't buy Lightroom 6... it's too outdated and doesn't work with new .Xmp Lightroom presets.
Outdated? That depends on what you want from the app. Some crappy video addons or support for raw files of various new cameras. That's it. Speed is nearly the same.
You can make your own presets. Worrying about presets is weird as it takes a few seconds to make 1. and when you edit, you can first convert files to DNG and then it doesn't matter what version you have or what camera. There's no REAL reason to upgrade, unless you want the extras or you are a business that uses the app a lot. That would be the absolute cheapest way. If not, then you have to pay monthly, of course.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
dazz wrote: Outdated? That depends on what you want from the app. Some crappy video addons or support for raw files of various new cameras. That's it. Speed is nearly the same.
You can make your own presets. Worrying about presets is weird as it takes a few seconds to make 1. and when you edit, you can first convert files to DNG and then it doesn't matter what version you have or what camera. There's no REAL reason to upgrade, unless you want the extras or you are a business that uses the app a lot. That would be the absolute cheapest way. If not, then you have to pay monthly, of course.
That's the advice given by stubborn photographers who are outdated in their profession and haven't bothered keeping up. Sorry if that's you but it's true.

• There's a huge performance difference with GPU acceleration enabled. The speed is not the same at all.
  • New features like texture, better HDR & panoramas tools, etc.
  • You can sync your photos and presets to your phone & tablet
  • Good Lightroom presets are made with "profiles". Nobody buys old Lightroom presets that uses only sliders anymore (ex. VSCO and the old Mastin Labs stuff). Profiles are fast, has LUT-like color grading that you can't do in Lightroom, and has a slider to make it lighter or stronger.

Unless you hate the idea of a subscription, there's no reason to use Lightroom 6.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1673 posts
1694 upvotes
Markham, ON
The trick is to cancel as Adobe has a retentions department as well.

They will offer Creative Cloud for $19.99 USD per month + 3 months free.

I've had my student bundle for a few years now, was paying $29.99 usd, intiated a chat back in March with the full intention of cancelling (switching to Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer I picked up for $35 each when they were on sale for 50% off), they gave me 60 days free. Then it started charging again.
Then initated another chat today to cancel, they just offered 3 months free + $19.99 for the entire CC for the year, I gladly accepted.

Hi!
Jun 15, 2020
348 posts
421 upvotes
Ontario
Man, Adobe CC prices are the only competition Canadian Telecom has right now. $40/month, jeez.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)