• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 9:18 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
212 upvotes

Adr stocks, how do they work? MPNGY vs MPNGF

I read about ADR stocks but i don't understand why MPNGY is so different from MPNGF? Shouldn't they have a similar pattern?

I'd like to invest in this company but my broker will only allow MPNGY not MPNGF, would you still recommend mpngy?

How do ADR stocks work?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4326 posts
2716 upvotes
DaveVentura wrote: I read about ADR stocks but i don't understand why MPNGY is so different from MPNGF? Shouldn't they have a similar pattern?

I'd like to invest in this company but my broker will only allow MPNGY not MPNGF, would you still recommend mpngy?

How do ADR stocks work?
It's been probably near a quarter of a century since I last bought an ADR on the OTC, but forced to choose I would go with the one that has the higher volume. The last thing you want is not being able to sell it when you want and then having to go through a market maker. No plans to, but if ever I bought ADR's again, I would just stick to one's listed on the NYSE.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
212 upvotes
I read those article over but still do not understand why the ADR does not move with MPNGF?

"An ADR may represent the underlying shares on a one-for-one basis, a fraction of a share, or multiple shares of the underlying company. "
Shouldn't it move the in relation to the non ADR?
In this case both stocks are listed on the OTCMKTS. Yet qtrade only allows the ADR to be traded.
I bought MPNGY but it has not gone up like MPNGF, when will it follow?