• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 10:50 am
17 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2143 posts
337 upvotes
Trader Score: 3 (100% Positive)
Wouldn't call it a big discount. Joycity Tires before all this pandemic news quoted $870 for A/S 3+ 225/45/17. These guys are offering $35 off during this time.
Jul 29, 2018
35 posts
37 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
Hmm strange, they don't list any 215/50/R17, I thought it was a popular size because it's Corolla/civic/accords. Will need to do some more research, thank you for arranging!
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12253 posts
1991 upvotes
GTA
Trader Score: 42 (100% Positive)
geokilla wrote: Advan Tires has some very aggressive pricing on select Michelin tires as part of the group buy for RFD. Click on the link below for details. I've been buying tires from them ever since I learned about them and couldn't be happier with their service.

Advan Tires Spring 2020 Michelin Tire Group Buy Is Official. Click for more info!
Cheaper than cantire clearance? Lmk
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14731 posts
3742 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Trader Score: 70 (100% Positive)
BeaverLiquor wrote: Why no 19's for 4S?
Limited supply from the distributor and manufacturer I think? Let me reach out and ask.

Edit: Just heard back. He said to e-mail them and they'll try and work something out with you. If there's other tire models or sizes that aren't listed, feel free to contact them too via e-mail.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3614 posts
2261 upvotes
Edmonton
Trader Score: 0
Just checked the price against my dealer on Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and double checked part number. Yours is $1,010 and mine came in at $1,005 after including mounting and balancing. Price may be slightly higher if yours does include the tax.

Credit card surcharge of 3% definitely kills any semblance of a deal as cashback would be negative.

...and what the heck is roadforce balance. Sounds like a money-grab.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5712 posts
3301 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 2 (100% Positive)
starchoice wrote: Just checked the price against my dealer on Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and double checked part number. Yours is $1,010 and mine came in at $1,005 after including mounting and balancing. Price may be slightly higher if yours does include the tax.

Credit card surcharge of 3% definitely kills any semblance of a deal as cashback would be negative.

...and what the heck is roadforce balance. Sounds like a money-grab.
Post summary says tax is included.

:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14731 posts
3742 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Trader Score: 70 (100% Positive)
BeaverLiquor wrote: Why no 19's for 4S?
They will work to see if they can get group buy pricing for 19" Michelin tires. As soon as I have an update, I'll let you know. It's their first time running a group buy so we're all learning.
baymoe wrote: Wouldn't call it a big discount. Joycity Tires before all this pandemic news quoted $870 for A/S 3+ 225/45/17. These guys are offering $35 off during this time.
I see $875 for the Michelin Pilot A/S3+ 225/45R17. Also Joycity's workmanship hasn't been the greatest.
starchoice wrote: Just checked the price against my dealer on Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and double checked part number. Yours is $1,010 and mine came in at $1,005 after including mounting and balancing. Price may be slightly higher if yours does include the tax.
I just checked Simply Tires and Joy City Tires pricing, and Advan is quite a bit cheaper than those two tire shops in the GTA. A lot closer for me too as I go to Scarborough more than Etobicoke. Definitely cheaper than 4Tires for the Michelin PS4S in 225/40R18. Guess it depends on what dealer you have? What tire size did you compare for your A/S 3+?

My contact at Advan Tires has taken the feedback from members and have removed the credit card surcharge. OP has been updated.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2143 posts
337 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
I see $875 for the Michelin Pilot A/S3+ 225/45R17. Also Joycity's workmanship hasn't been the greatest.
He's a one man shop, and other than his little dog trying to punch holes in my pant legs, have been fantastic.

He's up by 14th and Woodbine area. To each their own, just throwing this out there to give people some options. I used to go to Simplytires and Trillitires but do not have time to run around just for tires. Given our current situation, I just figure they can provide a better price now that no one is really going anywhere and business is the worse its ever been.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1151 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 40 (100% Positive)
Doesn't look like a deal to me... just regular price. I picked up 245/40/18 Pilot Sport A/S+ from Rennsportire for 1060 all in that included mounting and road force balancing. The quote I got from CEO tire was 10$ cheaper but didnt go with them cause they were farther away.
Jun 15, 2001
497 posts
148 upvotes
T.O.
Datapoint. Was looking for quotes for Conti PureContact LS in size 225-60-18

SimplyTire - $770+TSF+HST = $890 all-in installed
Tires 23 $850 all-in installed
Advan Tire $810 all-in installed
Blackcircles.ca $780 all-in (including installation at a tire shop near me)

I asked Advan to PM Blackcircle's price and they agreed. Had the tires installed today. Date code is this year. In and out within one hour. No issues. Friendly. I would definitely recommend.

I had purchased my previous three sets of tires from SimplyTire but was a bit concerned with some of the negative feedback since Allen left.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1640 posts
126 upvotes
Beeton
Trader Score: 1 (100% Positive)
Didn't know about Blackcircles. Thanks Major.

I am debating between Pirelli Cinturato P7 ASP2, Continental Purecontact LS, and Yokohama Avid Ascend GT for 225-55-17. Any suggestions?

Pricewise (lowest):

Pirelli - $795.92 all-in installed + $80 Costco card
Continental - $803.19 all-in installed Blackcircle + $65 rebate
Yokohama - $795.38 all-in installed Blackcircle + 70 rebate

I will also ask Advan to PM once final decision is made on the tire choice as they have great reviews.