Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 10, 2010
41 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga

Advice: Buick Encore or Mercedes GLA

Thinking of leasing a new subcompact SUV. What is your advice between Buick Encore and Mercedes GLA. With equivalent features, the lease price of GLA is only slightly more than Encore. But, the fuel and maintenance costs may add up later. Any thoughts?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4190 posts
3125 upvotes
Markham
Also check the insurance premiums so you figure exactly how much you will end up paying for each but IMO, GLA looks, feels and drives like a more expensive car than it is. Encore is on the other hand is pretty obvious is a budget product.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20679 posts
4816 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Get a Buick if you are a retiree. Otherwise, the Mercedes.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25184 posts
3098 upvotes
Montreal
Beware of substance over style.

Before you lease either, I suggest you go the dealership with two suitcases and a carry on, and two passengers. Load up the car and drive around. If you are satisfied with space, legroom, and performance, go ahead and spend your money.

The buick will be cheaper to maintain and more reliable, but has crap performance. The Trax is the same vehicle as the Encore.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5138 posts
2734 upvotes
Toronto
GLA looks... weird suv. Maybe because it's more like a hatchback. Can't put my finger around it and I have the CLA. Was thinking of returning the CLA for GLA next year but... something about GLA...