Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1820 posts
411 upvotes
BC

Advice on changing TVs

I've been out of touch with the latest innovations in TVs. I own a Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 Plasma and wish to change if worth it. My current Plasma is gorgeous with no problems but is only 1080p. But will the latest 70-75 inch OLED & Qled be superior?

Any advice?

Thanks
A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9733 posts
4044 upvotes
Vaughan
Keep the plasma if it’s well for you.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28890 posts
14430 upvotes
65" 1080p? I'd keep it.

75" OLED isn't gonna be cheap. Sure it'll be better but if there's nothing wrong with your current TV I see no reason to give it up.
But if you do upgrade, I'll take it off your hands since it's old and busted.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2941 posts
2348 upvotes
Markham
If you're used to a quality Panasonic plasma, frankly the only change worthy is going to have to be OLED. I wouldn't bother with any LCD or LED be it QLED or whatever naming convention Samsung comes up with. Also no point if you don't use 4K media and have low usage for it in the future. Basically my advice is keep the Panasonic, and keep watch of the OLED space. Only when you finally found something your plasma TV just can't do that a new OLED can, or its suffering problems, that's the time to look hard and likely buy. For now, you basically got top notch 1080p viewing and that's more preferable over alright 4K.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21002 posts
7348 upvotes
Toronto
4K OLED is a huge upgrade from 1080p plasma. Aside from motion handling, it’s no contest. OLED is in a different league.

Unfortunately, a 77” OLED costs way too much.

BTW, I’d take a high end 75” 4K HDR LCD over a 1080p 65” plasma too, but if I were switching from plasma, I’d jump straight to OLED.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)