Advice for closing small business and need to liquidate inventory

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2018 9:56 am
[OP]
Apr 22, 2017
19 posts

Advice for closing small business and need to liquidate inventory

Hey guys,
I am just looking for some advice that i had electronic’s business in Toronto area and now i closed it and moved to Ottawa. I have the the inventory of electonics like phone cases,chargers, tempered glass,phone mount,car chargers,dash camera and many more stuff like retail for $70000 and i need to get rid off. Do u guys have any suggestions what is best possible way to do that or anyone know of liquidation company. I really appreciate some good advices
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
4992 upvotes
Here 'n There
The most interested party would be another retailer selling the same merchandise and there sure are enough of them around. Why don't you canvas them? You are going to have to sell the inventory at a severe discount, but going through a middleman liquidation company is going to cost you even more.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2007
4399 posts
1691 upvotes
Edmonton
Auction
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
4992 upvotes
Here 'n There
Auctions is the worst way to liquidate this inventory.
Jun 25, 2011
336 posts
116 upvotes
Alberta
Probably sell it on Kijiji at some marked discount. The main problem I see with goods like you are they are very seasonal. The phone design changes and whole inventory becomes obsolete. I have seen London Drugs marking down stuff like that but I have not seen them marking it too low though. Another option will be to list it on sale at eBay or Amazon.
Jul 1, 2018
38 posts
11 upvotes
What do you have for sale? Some of us might be interested in your inventory. If it is generic, it will be difficult to sell, as getting inventory is relatively easy.