Nov 13, 2010
7212 posts
1454 upvotes
Scarborough

Advice for Dispute in my Equifax disclosure/report

RFD,
I Just received my Equifax disclosure report and credit report

Looking for best way to dispute the following issues in the report:

Both (2) previous addresses are both wrong, never lived there...or own or rented those.
2 phone numbers reported on my report that were never mine but showing in my report

-2 x Walmart MC (credit cards) that I never knew I had, but on my profile from last yr...one is with late payments showing
-1 Cdn Tire CC which also not mine (never applied or held)....not mine
-1 x TD Auto Loan which I never applied for....not mine

Then I see some Requestors tht I never dealt with, such as paradign quest, pineapple financial, TD auto Finance,....

There;s also a Vehicle ID number which I don't have. (vin#, ministry file number, etc) which is not mine.

Under public record, it says:
"a secured loan/chattel mortgage was filed in 08/19 in Ministry Govt Serv. Company name or amount XXXXXXXXXX TD Auto Finance Canada Inc $18654
Additional Comments: Security Discharged

all this has caused score to low at 734, and showing things that are not mine.

The online dispute form does not even allow to write them details on each part thats is wrong and not even mine. What's the best way to dispute ALL of the above ??
Does this look like mixup of profiles by equifax, or someone using/living my identity ??
I don't even have their account numbers of those cc so how to dispute them ?

All help/advice is appreciated. 5 yrs ago score was 840+......now 734 due to these shady accounts/links in my report
3 replies
May 15, 2019
185 posts
145 upvotes
GWN
Contact Equifax by phone and they will guide you step-by-step.

It appears that your identification has been compromised or there are other individuals with the same name, similar addresses.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1769 posts
2048 upvotes
Equifax and TransUnion only report what is provided to them. But as mentioned by SnowyDumpling, contact them and they will look to sort it out. Might want to contact your bank to have them reach out to you whenever a loan application is made in your name.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7007 posts
3242 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Send dispute form papers by mail/fax.

Fill in with all info and perhaps attach a sheet listing what is wrong.

Addresses and phone numbers should be easy to remove... not too sure on credit cards and loans.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.