Advice Needed: Buyout vs Return
Overall we are happy with the vehicle but there are some factors I am debating to whether return the car or buy it out.
Hope the experts here can shed some lights and share some experiences.
- Total KMs at Lease End is 52800 and we are only at 33000 now
- Had 1 accident (not at fault). It was hit by another car in the parking lot; small damage on the side though
- we also did some cosmetics repairs to the car over the years, including
- replaced the passenger side mirror
- replaced the rear passenger side tail light
- fixed dent / scratch on the hood
- fixed dent / scratch on the body (both sides of the car)
still one thing pending to be fixed - the chrome grille; it is not very visible from appearance but you can tell when turning on the front view camera
and it will cost a leg to fix it (~$2k)
my main struggle is...
- likely need to pay the $2k to fix the chrome grille
- did not fully drive the car (20k less than the target)
- still need to buy another car
buyout price is $28k and a comparable car costs about $33k on autotrader
if buying it out
- would the accident record + all the repair history have a bad impact to its resale value in the future
thanks a lot in advance!