[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1335 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto

Advice needed-dog urine and feces on balcony

deleted as issue has been resolved
Last edited by yesnomaybe on Nov 4th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Share:
65 replies
Nov 10, 2017
763 posts
527 upvotes
Drone !? Airlift Pile Of Poo back to them.
Jan 30, 2019
107 posts
67 upvotes
I really hope you get a response (which the management is obliged to provide, even if it's just a 'we got your email'), but if you don't, I would follow-up with a phone call. I would also write the Board of Directors (most buildings have an email contact) and explain your situation.

If the Management is not doing their job (this is the 2nd time now), the Board has to do something.

If there is no email contact with the Board, then send an email to "The Board of Directors and _______" insert management name. Management is then obliged by law to forward your email to the Board (and perhaps may even do something once they know the Board is involved.

Good luck!
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13890 posts
10160 upvotes
This seems to happen a lot in condos. Some useless, lazy dog owners out there.

Feb 12, 2008
212 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
CondoChic wrote: I really hope you get a response (which the management is obliged to provide, even if it's just a 'we got your email'), but if you don't, I would follow-up with a phone call. I would also write the Board of Directors (most buildings have an email contact) and explain your situation.

If the Management is not doing their job (this is the 2nd time now), the Board has to do something.

If there is no email contact with the Board, then send an email to "The Board of Directors and _______" insert management name. Management is then obliged by law to forward your email to the Board (and perhaps may even do something once they know the Board is involved.

Good luck!
I would also contact public health if they are dragging their feet.
May 6, 2019
28 posts
9 upvotes
This is something the management office would definitely take care for you.

If they drop the ball again, just keep following up with them.
Taking photos of how it's affected your unit was a great idea and something you can use if this escalates.
Sep 19, 2008
884 posts
807 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Assuming I don't get a satisfactory response from management this time, what options do I have?
pick up his dogs poop with a garbage picker from dollarama and leave them in front of his door. Bonus points if he steps in them, since he obviously don't give a shit (pun intended),
May 3, 2013
643 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Did you talk to the neighbor upstairs? Maybe they are oblivious to the fact that this is happening. If they are aware, then some suggestions in this thread may work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1335 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
deleted
Last edited by yesnomaybe on Nov 4th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 3, 2013
643 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
yesnomaybe wrote: Thanks for all your helpful messages.

Management replied to me by email and just said that they have contacted the owner and that if it happens again I should contact the concierge so they can file a report.

I'm not too hopeful that anything will change...
I like to see the better side of humanity. There's more courteous people in this world than a-holes. I'm hopeful that things will change. Please report back and let us know how things turn out.
Jan 30, 2019
107 posts
67 upvotes
I'm glad you got a response. I really hope this doesn't happen again, but if it does, do contact the concierge for a report, but don't let management off the hook. Keep following up with emails and ask for proof that there was contact with the owner.

The reason I say all this is that it should not take a third notification from you before the owner is contacted yet again. In my building, if something like this happens twice, the Board takes action against the owner with a threat (or an actual) lien against the property.

My condo Board has gotten rid of many owners/tenants that have no respect for their neighbours. This is why I think the Board should be involved.

Here's hoping you'll be back here with some good news soon.
Jul 25, 2015
650 posts
322 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Convince them yo get rid of the dog.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1335 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
deleted
Last edited by yesnomaybe on Nov 4th, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 7, 2017
958 posts
711 upvotes
BC
Dense living. Sh$t happens.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Pretty sure that balconies may be exclusive use common elements and thus not owned by unit holders and managment must clean and then charge back costs to unit owner who has failed to maintain such exclusive use common elements. Depends on your building.

Also, I'd say this qualifies as the tort of nuinsance as it's clearly and unreasonable interference with use and enjoyment of property. I'd not tolerate much more inaction without filing a claim against someone.
Left rfd
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1335 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
deleted
Last edited by yesnomaybe on Nov 4th, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8946 posts
10133 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
yesnomaybe wrote: It has happened againAngry FaceAngry FaceAngry Face

Not sure if this is retaliation for the warning letter being issued
Don’t just call the concierge. Call the members of the board to come it see. Don’t just take pics. Get witnesses. And the board is your best bet.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
11905 posts
8166 upvotes
Edmonton
You don't mention whether you're renting the condo or you own it...

C
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1335 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
CNeufeld wrote: You don't mention whether you're renting the condo or you own it...

C
I own it
Sep 23, 2017
85 posts
39 upvotes
Had the same issue when I owned a condo in Richmond Hill. Upstairs unit was rented out. Tenants let their dog pee on the balcony. Unfortunately it was very difficult to deal with property manager as they constantly brushed off all the problems on the landlord who was either overseas or didnt give a crap. So after endless visits from consierge and picture taking nothig was done. We sold and moved within 6 month, hope we will never have to live in a condo again. Unless its a penthouse.