Advice for portfolio rebalancing

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 12:53 am
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
126 posts
25 upvotes

Advice for portfolio rebalancing

I closed my Wealthsimple account and moved everything to Questrade. I have a LIRA / RRSP / TFSA with a few 100k.

Right now, all the funds are still in the Wealthsimple picked ETFs as well as lots of cash in CAD and USD. I don't need any of the money in the short term.

Given the exuberance of the markets and not being able to time the market, what are your thoughts on selling everything and just parking it in VGRO or something related?

I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about personal finance and I want to invest passively for the long term, but the recent bull market has made me wonder if I should just park some cash in HBAL or HSUV.U for the time being.

Thanks!
3 replies
Dec 1, 2019
169 posts
156 upvotes
Rebalance based on your risk tolerance / time frame.

An interesting video a watched yesterday.

Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
11384 posts
9719 upvotes
Winnipeg
ouaouaron wrote: I closed my Wealthsimple account and moved everything to Questrade. I have a LIRA / RRSP / TFSA with a few 100k.

Right now, all the funds are still in the Wealthsimple picked ETFs as well as lots of cash in CAD and USD. I don't need any of the money in the short term.

Given the exuberance of the markets and not being able to time the market, what are your thoughts on selling everything and just parking it in VGRO or something related?

I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about personal finance and I want to invest passively for the long term, but the recent bull market has made me wonder if I should just park some cash in HBAL or HSUV.U for the time being.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you, but I have an RRSP account that I'm parking majority of my funds into VGRO, but waiting to buy a chunk of TD in it too because it's so low right. I still have a TFSA account with QT too so I can trade stocks as well for more short term trades.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8541 posts
1712 upvotes
095179005 wrote: Rebalance based on your risk tolerance / time frame.

An interesting video a watched yesterday.

Holy crap, those Boomers didn't know how good they have it!

Also, if you're with Questrade, check out getpassiv.com for rebalancing.
Money Smarts Blog wrote: I agree with the previous posters, especially Thalo. {And} Thalo's advice is spot on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)