• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2015 4:13 am
Tags:
None
May 16, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes

Advice on Remote Car starter for brand new Hyundai Accent

Looking for advice on a place to get a good quality Remote car starter with a good range (from back apartment in building to the car in front lot) for a new 2015 Hyundai Accent (automatic) about to be purchased. I haven't asked for a price but I'm assuming the dealer installed one is going to be overpriced. Would an aftermarket install affect warranty? If not does anyone recommend a good place in the GTHA to go for a quality job - West of Toronto is more convenient.

Also any brand recommendations or anything I need to make sure the starter has like auto door locks/turn on window defroster/rpm monitor etc. to make sure everythign works right?

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Can't recommend a shop (don't live in the GTA); but can recommend a brand.
Two-way alarm/autostart from Compustar, as it is one of the first company to introduce two-way technology and very reliable.
I have an original install from 2001 and it has never caused me any issues.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
+1 for compustar 2 way. Works pretty good from my Condo 8th floor to my basement parking lot.
I got it installed at Lockdown Security at Markham- they are very professional. (Picked them after reading all the good reviews about them out here at redflagdeals).
I combined that along with backup camera and dashcam installation and they were kind enough to give me a discount.
Jul 10, 2015
158 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
hi @Stevedask, any update as to where you get one? I am also interested in getting one for my car. Just want to know if you get a good deal. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32141 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I would go for a Yaris or Fit over the Accent ;)
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)