• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 10:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 8, 2019
56 posts
25 upvotes

Advice on selling

What resources, besides Kijiji, does everyone here use to sell their used vehicles?

I have a vehicle I need sold in a fairly short period of time due to space limitations. Looking for the most effective way to advertise and find potential buyers.
8 replies
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4632 upvotes
Montreal
Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace. Get ready to deal with low ballers regardless of platform. And price it cheap if you want it gone fast.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1496 upvotes
Craigslist if you are out west. Kijiji if you are out east. Autotrader is okay for everywhere too, and if you are on a lease, consider leasebusters, etc. That is mostly it.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
ottofly wrote: Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace. Get ready to deal with low ballers regardless of platform. And price it cheap if you want it gone fast.
Another vote for Facebook marketplace. I used to be a huge Kijiji fan, but I couldn't believe the response rate (and quick too) on Facebook. Price it well, clean it up nice, and it should sell fairly quickly.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11446 posts
3714 upvotes
Toronto
vapesmoker wrote: Do people have luck on the RFD platform?
There are much more people looking at kijiji than RFD BST Section if they are shopping for a car.
People in RFD are also in Kijiji, but people in kijiji are not necessary member of RFD. Kjiji has much larger potential buyers.

Lowballers and tire kicker exist everywhere. Be prepare and raise your EQ when reading PMs or kjiji messages. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2050 posts
551 upvotes
Woodbridge
If you're in ontario, get the UVIP, cleanup the car well and have service history in the glovebox.
Mar 3, 2019
141 posts
122 upvotes
Autotrader, leasebusters, financebusters. Facebook marketplace
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5955 posts
2039 upvotes
Ottawa
I would try Autotrader, Kijiji and Facebook but honestly, everything I've sold recently (no vehicles), I get about way more traffic / interest on FB that I do from Kijiji so if you don't want to bother posting on multiple locations, post there.