Travel

Advice: travelling with teens for first time passport pouches?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 31, 2006
30 posts
3 upvotes

Advice: travelling with teens for first time passport pouches?

I am wondering whether anyone with experience would advise that I get each of my 3 teens a passport neck pouch (well 2 teens and one 21 y.o with ADHD). I personally have only travelled once as an adult and dont know from that experience if I should just go ahead and carry all of my kids passports along with hubs help...or if its smoother to let them each have a neck pouch. Small thing to stress about I know! Lol
7 replies
Aug 3, 2017
698 posts
516 upvotes
shefury wrote: I am wondering whether anyone with experience would advise that I get each of my 3 teens a passport neck pouch (well 2 teens and one 21 y.o with ADHD). I personally have only travelled once as an adult and dont know from that experience if I should just go ahead and carry all of my kids passports along with hubs help...or if its smoother to let them each have a neck pouch. Small thing to stress about I know! Lol
If you’re worried they will lose them then just hold onto all of them yourself.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
1742 posts
2207 upvotes
Depends on whether parents or kids are more easily distracted and inattentive to leaving things behind. When my kids were teens they lost purses, wallets AND a passport on various travels.
Dec 7, 2003
864 posts
103 upvotes
I would think that you would be the best judge of whether they are responsible enough to not lose them.

Also, it depends on where you are going, whether or not you might go separate ways, and whether or not you do something that requires your passport. For example, if you want to get on a train in China, you need your passport.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5939 posts
4248 upvotes
OP, if you are not sure, why take the chance with an imoortant document like a passport? Just hold the pssports for them, as other said. It's not heavy, it's not bulky.... But only thing is if you loose your purse or whatever that contain the passports, then you loose them all at one time
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1970 posts
858 upvotes
HK
1) You hold onto them
2) Keep them together in a folio in your bag, and leave in the safe at hotel
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8694 posts
2613 upvotes
Mississauga
Some airlines will make the child hold and present their own passport at the gate. It happened to us many times.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.