• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 3:19 pm
[OP]
Feb 18, 2017
44 posts
102 upvotes
Prince George, BC

ADVICE: TWS earbuds with slim charging case

I'm looking for TWS earbuds with a slim charging case that I can slip in my pocket. Here's my needs:

1) TWS bluetooth (5.0 preferred)
2) earbud-style without the airpod-style sticks - my god I hate those alien-antenna-looking things
3) slim charging case suitable for pockets with minimal bulge
4) cover for charging case so that earbuds are less prone to falling out

Preferably something cheap - I have no problem with $10-$20 earbuds from cheap chinese online shops that take weeks to arrive.
I don't really care too much about audio quality - I don't really notice or appreciate the difference between good and bad headphones. It's mainly for podcasts anyway.
I don't care about phone quality, don't plan on using them for calls.
If it's slim, I don't care about the charging battery size.

I have seen some with #1, #2 and #4, there are tons of those and I own some.
I have seen one with #1, #2 and #3, but I have lost many cheap earbuds from my pockets, so I don't trust the cover-less ones.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
9 replies
Nov 23, 2004
921 posts
1647 upvotes
Ontario
I wanted something Airpod-esque without overpaying for Airpods and after a lot of research landed on ordering these guys linked below. Essentially, based on the feedback of the huge communities of people who are obsessed over Airpod clones, these are known to be some of the best knockoffs as far as sound quality, battery life, and functionality. Around $36USD landed to Canada - not sure if that's out of your budget or not? It would meet your needs of being very pocket friendly and you can use all standard Airpods charge case covers, as well as ear tip silicone covers, etc. Wife and I both have a set and have decked them out in Airpod silicone covers from Ali and I have some athletic covers for the tips to hold them in my ears better when I get sweaty. My biggest draw to these knockoffs was pocket friendly - the airpod style case is just so slim to tuck in a pocket compared to most of the larger and more defined charge cases so many others are using on Amazon.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 2fc2f2eEaX
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12486 posts
3731 upvotes
i bought two of these recently and they are awesome

usb-c, wireless charging, upper ear wing-tip so they don't fall out

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.ca/%C3%85tta-G%C3%B6ra-Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof/dp/B083HV8XBX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2VHM53TBFY3FB&dchild=1&keywords=atta+gora&qid=1594911300&sprefix=atta+g%2Caps%2C234&sr=8-1
it was onsale for $26 each all in tho
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14472 posts
9269 upvotes
Markham
peliopoulos1 wrote: I'm looking for TWS earbuds with a slim charging case that I can slip in my pocket. Here's my needs:

1) TWS bluetooth (5.0 preferred)
2) earbud-style without the airpod-style sticks - my god I hate those alien-antenna-looking things
3) slim charging case suitable for pockets with minimal bulge
4) cover for charging case so that earbuds are less prone to falling out

Preferably something cheap - I have no problem with $10-$20 earbuds from cheap chinese online shops that take weeks to arrive.
I don't really care too much about audio quality - I don't really notice or appreciate the difference between good and bad headphones. It's mainly for podcasts anyway.
I don't care about phone quality, don't plan on using them for calls.
If it's slim, I don't care about the charging battery size.

I have seen some with #1, #2 and #4, there are tons of those and I own some.
I have seen one with #1, #2 and #3, but I have lost many cheap earbuds from my pockets, so I don't trust the cover-less ones.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
There are several threads on Hot Deals for Dudios earbuds if you want to read up and find one to buy there...no need to rehash it here.

Here's something that might fit your wants/needs. 5.0, no sticks, slim case, cheap $28-$4 coupon

https://www.amazon.ca/Dudios-Zeus-Headp ... 154&sr=8-8
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20936 posts
6682 upvotes
Shoppers Drug Mart had some on sale:

Sony MDR-XB50BS $69.99
Sennheiser CX 100 $29.99
Sennheiser CX 200i $34.99
TZUMI Sound Mates $24.99

Checked today and there are also Pioneer earbuds on for $9.99 (E3M) - $19.99 (IM5BT)
Mar 30, 2007
376 posts
479 upvotes
peliopoulos1 wrote: I ended up ordering these:

https://www.********.com/bluetooth-headphones/pp_3002333273231965.html

They fit into a hopefully slim tube. At $25, it's worth a shot!
oh! only if I knew you like these tube-like earbud, its too late now, You should try to get the Motorola Verve Buds series when you need another set later. Verve Buds 110, 300, 400. They are the same earbud but with different case for capacity.

[OP]
Feb 18, 2017
44 posts
102 upvotes
Prince George, BC
Wow, those just went on my wish list, thanks!
[OP]
Feb 18, 2017
44 posts
102 upvotes
Prince George, BC
I found these on one of the standard Chinese sites for $12CAD and got them today. The case fits my criteria, nice and slim for pockets, definitely smaller than all my other cheap sets. If you search for "Olaf Bluetooth 5.0 earphones" they should come up".