• Apr 19th, 2020 2:53 pm
[OP]
Sep 19, 2011
27 posts
15 upvotes
LONDON

Advice on what to do with a local furniture outlet store

Hi everyone,
I am writing to ask what recourse I have regarding this problem my son is having.

My son works at Henley Place retirement home , this is his first job and although he is not a nurse or PSW , he is a frontline worker. He does janitorial services for everyone at the retirement home. He isat high risk of contracting Covid.
We were moving so we went into a local furniture store, will not mention name. His first big purchase was for a mattress and bedroom set. We specified to the seller that we needed it asap since he would not have a bed after we moved since his bed was pretty rough and we were going to get rid of it. The seller said it would be 2 to 4 weeks.

This was prior to store being deem non essential, april 4 was date of delivery , we moved stuff april first so my son figured he would only have to go 3 days without a bed. Well it is now april 17 , we did not hear anything from the seller. Not a call to let us know what was going on, tried calling the business but cannot even leave message 1cause he has not setup his voicemail. So I finally got a hold of him on Kijiji when I pretended to be a possible customer. After qqqq++q W!6 him know who I was he said that my order was on order from the manufacturer and he would deliver once they open again. Problem is we do not know when this pandemic will be over and when they will open. My son need a good place to sleep especially with the work and stress he is going through at work. He can't be sleeping on the floor for the foreseeable future. What advice can someone give me?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1331 posts
932 upvotes
Etobicoke
Options:
1.Don't throw out old mattress till the new one arrives.
2. But a mattress at Costco. It is open, you can buy one, and take home, same day
3. wait out the virus
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13023 posts
2300 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's a shafty situation, but it's like that for everyone. You can't really blame the store. Like the other dude said, you either wait it out or make other arrangements. Contact the store again, explain the situation, and see if you can come up with an agreeable alternative. Maybe he has another bed.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2011
27 posts
15 upvotes
LONDON
For now we have gone out and buy a used mattress , my main problem is the way this guys is conducting business. No way to contact him, has not even setup voicemail. Only way I could get a hold of him was to trick him on kijiji. He said he is doing online sales.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9111 posts
2725 upvotes
London
carlos1984 wrote: For now we have gone out and buy a used mattress , my main problem is the way this guys is conducting business. No way to contact him, has not even setup voicemail. Only way I could get a hold of him was to trick him on kijiji. He said he is doing online sales.
So what do the online reviews of this place say about it?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3614 posts
2260 upvotes
Edmonton
carlos1984 wrote: For now we have gone out and buy a used mattress , my main problem is the way this guys is conducting business. No way to contact him, has not even setup voicemail. Only way I could get a hold of him was to trick him on kijiji. He said he is doing online sales.
How did you pay? If credit card, just do a chargeback. This guy is as shady as the night is dark.
Jan 17, 2013
687 posts
270 upvotes
carlos1984 wrote: Hi everyone,
I am writing to ask what recourse I have regarding this problem my son is having.

My son works at Henley Place retirement home , this is his first job and although he is not a nurse or PSW , he is a frontline worker. He does janitorial services for everyone at the retirement home. He isat high risk of contracting Covid.
We were moving so we went into a local furniture store, will not mention name. His first big purchase was for a mattress and bedroom set. We specified to the seller that we needed it asap since he would not have a bed after we moved since his bed was pretty rough and we were going to get rid of it. The seller said it would be 2 to 4 weeks.

This was prior to store being deem non essential, april 4 was date of delivery , we moved stuff april first so my son figured he would only have to go 3 days without a bed. Well it is now april 17 , we did not hear anything from the seller. Not a call to let us know what was going on, tried calling the business but cannot even leave message 1cause he has not setup his voicemail. So I finally got a hold of him on Kijiji when I pretended to be a possible customer. After qqqq++q W!6 him know who I was he said that my order was on order from the manufacturer and he would deliver once they open again. Problem is we do not know when this pandemic will be over and when they will open. My son need a good place to sleep especially with the work and stress he is going through at work. He can't be sleeping on the floor for the foreseeable future. What advice can someone give me?
You son is buying the mattress for his home and nothing to do with the Henley Place retirement home? If it is for the Henley Place retirement home, then the retirement home should take some action in getting the mattress. If not, the Costco option posted by xxxray should work.