[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1471 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver

Advices on flooring project

Have a ~1,300 sq feet townhouse that will need a flooring project:

1. Replace ~700 sq feet of carpet for bedrooms, including stairs, with laminate flooring
2. Replace ~150 sq feet of tile in the kitchen with laminate or vinyl flooring.....i am thinking vinyl as it is more water resistance. Can i just lay the vinyl floor on top of the tile?

Any suggestions in terms of alternatives, cost or how to tackle this project?
I likely will hire someone for this as I won't have time to DIY.

Thanks in advance
7 replies
Sep 12, 2013
248 posts
152 upvotes
Mississauga
Try qflooring
They are busy as heck but you will be surprised.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1471 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver
Any suggestions for service providers in BC and estimated cost for low end of laminate flooring?

Is laminate or vinyl floor recommended for rental unit?
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14745 posts
19621 upvotes
Vancouver
Fantastical wrote: Any suggestions for service providers in BC and estimated cost for low end of laminate flooring?

I live in a housing co-op, the maintenance committee researched this and has decided to discontinue laminate and now specs either vinyl flooring or carpet. Best bang for the buck in terms of durability. Do not put laminate flooring in a kitchen or bathroom. Very bad idea.
Dec 3, 2002
502 posts
36 upvotes
BC
Fantastical wrote: Any suggestions for service providers in BC and estimated cost for low end of laminate flooring?

I think there's also a newer product out there call luxury vinyl plank. My understanding is that it is an updated version of the regular vinyl in terms of look, while still having the water resistance associated with vinyl.

PM'ed you with info about my install.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)