Advise needed: Select new Induction Range

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 5:05 pm
[OP]
May 27, 2021
45 posts
17 upvotes

Advise needed: Select new Induction Range

I was hoping to seek help from RFD community to help me choose an induction range. Below is my basic requirements and research

Requirements:
- Slide in
- Approx budget: $3000
- Prefer scratch resistant
- Prefer Knobs instead of touch screen
- Do not care about size of oven, easy cleaning or warming tray

Research:
- Heard on RFD to stay away from Samsung and maybe LG
- Leaning towards GE Profile series but it looks to be on the higher end

Where to buy:
- Sounds like Costco as it offers extra warranty

Any suggestions on which one to buy and where to buy from are welcome. All the help will be very much appreciated.
Last edited by lookatami on Aug 20th, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2878 posts
222 upvotes
Burlington
I've been pretty happy with LG products over the last several years and they're showing in general consumer reports as gaining ground in overall quality/reliability.

Samsung ranges are generally decent. They're big issue I feel is the gizmos they put in (tablet in a screen, door in door laundry etc...) interesting concepts that tend to not manage well over time. Some misses with their ice makers in fridges too lol.

I think we'd need a bit more info on your budget, slide in, standard etc...?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2878 posts
222 upvotes
Burlington
lookatami wrote: Thanks for the details @DarkMasterMX . Added details on slide-in and budget.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lg ... t/10437051

This one seems to fit the bill fairly well.

Costco has this version:

https://www.costco.ca/lg-30-in.-inducti ... 87254.html

Seems very minor differences between the two models the BBY model is finger print resistant, some touch controls and glass/ceramic top (some power differences but I'm sure you can look them up if you wanted).

BBY model slight step up if you like the differences and will come out a bit cheaper after delivery ($80 and if you need recycling $30) $2800 + $80 + $30. Costco $2995 includes delivery and recycling.

Costco would also have the 2nd year warranty option. BBY may or may not haggle on pricing depending on promos, price matching options etc... etc... I know they'll haggle on their protection if you were interested in it.
Aug 4, 2013
66 posts
76 upvotes
FWIW, I have a GE slide-in bought 7 years ago. It came in 2 versions, touchscreen or knobs. I got the touchscreen for the sleeker look. No problems with it so far.

It was over $3K regular at that time but I got it on a promo sale for about $2,400 plus taxes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)