Advise on switching to $60/10gb from retention plan

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2017 12:46 am
[OP]
Aug 11, 2006
110 posts
3 upvotes

Advise on switching to $60/10gb from retention plan

Hey guys, late to the $60 chatter but been debating the idea on switching. I'm currently on a grandfathered retention plan:
- 6gb shared data $30
- 100 wkday, 1000 early weekend minutes
- call display w name
- Roam like home
$58 before taxes

I never go over my 6gb limit but I can get close to 5gb.
I rarely make or receive phone calls

Two things stopping my from pulling the trigger is the thought they may raise the price on some services (never had that happen on any of my grandfathered plans) and that this is a non-shared data plan... Not that I even know the difference at the moment.

Should I switch?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4984 posts
1091 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Why you gonna spend more if you don't need it? I think the deal for you will the tablet plan and speakout line. You will save more $ for sure if you rarely make phone calls.

Freedom Mobile

[OP]
Aug 11, 2006
110 posts
3 upvotes
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Part of me though is that if there's a slightly better "value" out there...I feel drawn to it. :) Must resist...
Oct 5, 2010
19 posts
13 upvotes
Ontario
For $2 more a month you get 4 more gigs and unlimited Canada wide calling/texting, roam like home, enhanced voicemail, call display, etc. Seems like a no brainer to me. It's just not shareable data meaning it's for your one phone line only which is probably fine for most people.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7624 posts
1394 upvotes
I'd do it for $2 extra. Data is getting larger. Things are getting larger. Back then 6gb was alright with 1080p content. Now we are hitting 1440p as the norm, and 2160p becoming the norm soon. All this takes extra data.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2006
110 posts
3 upvotes
OK. Done. Switched over. Just realised too that I'll be paying $4 less per month now because of taxes (I was getting some corp discounts pre-tax). No clue how it all worked but it did. Thanks guys for convincing me. :)