Expired Hot Deals

Aeromexico: Toronto-Brazil/Argentina/Chile/Peru $597+ USD (May 2015)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2015 3:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1658 posts
4163 upvotes

Aeromexico: Toronto-Brazil/Argentina/Chile/Peru $597+ USD (May 2015)

Aeromexico appears to be having a Spring sale going from Toronto to some South American destinations.

Some dates available in May 2015 all roughly minimum $600 USD roundtrip (including taxes). This is an awesome deal since these destinations can normally go for $1200 or more.

Destinations include:

Buenos Aires Argentina (EZE)
Santiago Chile (SCL)
Sao Paulo Brazil (GRU)
Rio de Janeiro Brazil (GIG)
Lima Peru (LIM)

All flights appear to have 1 layover in Mexico City

Fares bookable on the Aeromexico website:

http://aeromexico.com

kayak.com and ITA Matrix is also pulling up these fares. For open dates I prefer to look at the calendar of fares on ITA Matrix:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
40 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1658 posts
4163 upvotes
Updated first post and title: $600 USD roundtrip isnt only to Buenos Aires Argentina (EZE) but other destinations like:

Santiago Chile (SCL)
Sao Paulo Brazil (GRU)
Rio de Janeiro Brazil (GIG)
Lima Peru (LIM)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2680 upvotes
Vancouver
Searching for open dates is a bit frustrating on the Aeromexico site. Do they have a way to search for open dates, or specify date flexibility?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1658 posts
4163 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: Searching for open dates is a bit frustrating on the Aeromexico site. Do they have a way to search for open dates, or specify date flexibility?
Try using the calendar option on ITA Matrix: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Dec 28, 2011
8 posts
Toronto
has anyone taken a flight with aeromexico? not the best reviews
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2680 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks. I found a bunch of the Aeromexico flights at C$699. As you said, they all involve a long layover in Mexico City.

I'm always disappointed that flight search technology still has not progressed to the point where an intelligent human can't come up with cheaper flight combinations through connecting cities than the computer does. Case in point: I'm in Vancouver. I can fly to Toronto and catch one of these Aeromexico flights to Brazil cheaper than any of the flights that any of the online systems can come up with when I specify Vancouver to Brazil. Yes, there are a lot of combinations of cities to consider - but I'm just a human, and I know the dozen or so cities that one could reasonably use as connections between Vancouver and Brazil. You're telling me that a computer is too dumb to do that?
Dec 28, 2011
8 posts
Toronto
anyone have luck with booking I'm trying to book a multi city trip going from yyz to eze than from Lim back to yyz. It shows on its matrix for 650 but i can't book on the aeromexico page.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2913 posts
1350 upvotes
Kingston
That's a great price. Dates may not work for me but good deal nevertheless.

Anyone know what it's currently like in Argentina for those of us with britishey accents since the Argies started getting all uppity about the Falklands again recently?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2308 posts
672 upvotes
JC69 wrote: That's a great price. Dates may not work for me but good deal nevertheless.

Anyone know what it's currently like in Argentina for those of us with britishey accents since the Argies started getting all uppity about the Falklands again recently?
Nothing much really. As soon as you open your mouth, you'll get a good beating and your wallet will be cleaned up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2680 upvotes
Vancouver
Let's not go making blanket pronouncements about entire countries! There are parts of Canada that are dangerous at certain times. Popular tourist areas in big cities are often the most dangerous because they are packed with targets and attract robbers and thieves, while towns 20 km away are much safer.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11281 posts
660 upvotes
Ottawa
Energie11 wrote: Brazil dangerous
Reasoning? Been there many times on business, and even brought my wife and 3-month-old down earlier this year for a few weeks.
- Absolute
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
941 upvotes
The 6
High risk, high reward!!! Would not take the wife and kids BUT have you seen the loads of beautiful women in Brazil?

I am willing to risk my life for the pursuit of, ahem...happiness.
Sep 26, 2009
126 posts
16 upvotes
Mexico City airport is tricky. It's gargantuan, and until you go through checkin on your connecting flight, you're probably not going to be able to sit anywhere other than the stone cold floors. I avoid it like the plague. In 2010, Mexicana's bankruptcy saw them reroute me through Mexico City. It was either that or ... ???? Builds character, I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5241 posts
1516 upvotes
Toronto
prices are invalid once you actually try and book through flightnetwork?
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Jan 26, 2011
221 posts
84 upvotes
gta
JamesA1 wrote: Let's not go making blanket pronouncements about entire countries! There are parts of Canada that are dangerous at certain times.
This is plain nonsense.
JamesA1 wrote: Popular tourist areas in big cities are often the most dangerous because they are packed with targets and attract robbers and thieves, while towns 20 km away are much safer.
People travel to these countries to go to the tourist areas in big cities, not 20 km away, so this comment is irrelevant and pointless.

Also, why would anyone want to travel to South America is May? It's the middle of winter there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2680 upvotes
Vancouver
robson1 wrote: People travel to these countries to go to the tourist areas in big cities, not 20 km away, so this comment is irrelevant and pointless.
Also, why would anyone want to travel to South America is May? It's the middle of winter there.
So people should only visit the big cities, and the airlines might as well shut down their flights to South America from May to Sept? Now that's nonsense!
Dec 28, 2011
979 posts
511 upvotes
Midland
LOL I'm Brazilian and I know the danger of these cities. Some people just don't know how to travel. Be safe if you go!