Mar 7, 2002
567 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
#3 you need to fly alot more...
Oct 3, 2013
527 posts
600 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote: Thanks and make sense to use for business class. Currently, I am earning(around 45k). I don't really understand how I am earning miles. I travel every week from Montreal to Toronto and if I land to Billy Bishop I get 300+ miles and I got sick by flying in propeller planes(noise, delays, cancellations etc.) so I started taking flights to Toronto Pearson.
For Toronto Pearson, I get like 79 miles flat from last 10 flights(distance is same I guess) and it is really hard to get in touch with Aeroplan customer service. From last 2 weeks they don't even put me on queue and they don't have any email where we can contact.
So my questions would be 1. How miles are getting calculated?
2. I have TD Infinite and that gives me access to Priority Check in and priority Entrance at the airport only if I redeem miles.
3. So far I am at 11k/25k to reach silver status, slowed down for some reason. I don't know how zone works, I ak always in zone 4 even though I have taken like 25-26 flights.
1) My guess is either you're buying different fare classes (each has a different earn rate for Aeroplan miles); and if not, there's probably some bonus for flying a Rapidair route between YTZ and YUL, that doesn't exist for YYZ/YUL.
2) You are correct - the TD card sucks for benefits, as they are only granted with reward tickets.
3) Zones are based off of status, location of seat on plane (i.e. forward seats board later for back to front loading), or fare class (I don't fly AC much, so I don't know if flying on a basic ticket matters).
Dec 5, 2009
351 posts
167 upvotes
Phonophoresis wrote: 1) My guess is either you're buying different fare classes (each has a different earn rate for Aeroplan miles); and if not, there's probably some bonus for flying a Rapidair route between YTZ and YUL, that doesn't exist for YYZ/YUL.
2) You are correct - the TD card sucks for benefits, as they are only granted with reward tickets.
3) Zones are based off of status, location of seat on plane (i.e. forward seats board later for back to front loading), or fare class (I don't fly AC much, so I don't know if flying on a basic ticket matters).
Basic economy is automatic last boarding zone. Unless you buy a preferred seat which will bump you to zone 3
Sep 16, 2014
61 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
well I know what everyone is thinking.. Cheapest I have found so far is $11/night. Trying to get to the $5/night pricepoint to make this worthwhile
Sep 16, 2014
61 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
where is everyone finding the terms and conditions of the offer?
Dec 23, 2015
24 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
d1gdug wrote: where is everyone finding the terms and conditions of the offer?
Dunno, I couldn’t find them either but I didn’t go through with any booking. I found some that were low but was worried of the no show risk where points would not be awarded.
Aug 12, 2010
171 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
d1gdug wrote: well I know what everyone is thinking.. Cheapest I have found so far is $11/night. Trying to get to the $5/night pricepoint to make this worthwhile
which did you search for 10 dollars a night?
Dec 22, 2014
129 posts
99 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Long Hostel in Ho Chi Minh City came in at $7.98/night.

Made a reservation and then saw that miles are credited weeks after check-out. Too much work to get the hotel to "check-in" and "check-out" for you for a net of like $10 in miles per pop.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1619 posts
783 upvotes
Kanada
Joelm72 wrote: Long Hostel in Ho Chi Minh City came in at $7.98/night.

Made a reservation and then saw that miles are credited weeks after check-out. Too much work to get the hotel to "check-in" and "check-out" for you for a net of like $10 in miles per pop.
Heh! You don't need to even check-in or check out for the miles to be credited. First had experience Winking Face When your stop over-estimating enforcement, people, IT and communication between stakeholders, you'll be able to earn a lot more points and miles
Part of the art of working in customer service, at any company, is the ability to invent plausible explanations for unexpected outcomes. An algorithm makes the decision. The agent does not necessarily know why.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2658 posts
1169 upvotes
SnoopDop wrote: Heh! You don't need to even check-in or check out for the miles to be credited. First had experience Winking Face When your stop over-estimating enforcement, people, IT and communication between stakeholders, you'll be able to earn a lot more points and miles
Or you might have your accout locked, points deleted and told to take a hikeFace Screaming In Fear

From the: Points Nerd
There has been no outbound communication on the issue. Locked out users were met with this terrifying message after they attempted to log in.

When users called, the were told by the call centre agent that their account was being investigated by Aeroplan’s Compliance Department and that they would be in contact shortly. All requests to speak to the Compliance department directly have been denied and call centre supervisors have held the line with the same response.
I have not heard anything first-hand about the Compliance Department at Aeroplan actually returning calls as of yet so many people are left in limbo.