• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 8:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 1, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes

Aeroplan

My family is looking to book a flight and they don't have an aero plan account. Can I log into my account , and once I've pulled up the flight I want, can I enter their names and info for the flight despite the account being under my name? Or will that not allow me to get to the confirmation page if the flight isn't for me?

I tried calling aero plan but they seem to have closed their customer service department as when you call now you just get a voicemail indicating that they have too high of a call volume, can't put you on hold, and then the line disconnects. They also have no email address on their website anymore.

I found a web page that indicates that you can transfer points to a new account for 2c per 1000 points but I don't want to do that unless I have to. Is that a new policy or can I just book from my account ? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks !
3 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12214 posts
11094 upvotes
I get ticket for my family member from my AP account all the time.

Yes, there is a transfer fee between AP account.
Don't transfer and get the ticket for anyone you like.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5407 posts
2514 upvotes
hollywood pk
my kids have access to my aeroplan and book flights in their name all the time..they even call in to change cancel etc. ..so long as you family has your permission, its all ok
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4489 posts
1066 upvotes
Bigpapi99 wrote: My family is looking to book a flight and they don't have an aero plan account. Can I log into my account , and once I've pulled up the flight I want, can I enter their names and info for the flight despite the account being under my name?
Yes, you can use your AP points to book flights for anyone else. It's poor value to transfer AP points to someone else. Just use them for yourself or book for another person.