Hot Deals

Aeroplan Black Friday

5X Aeroplan points when using Aeroplan Co-brand cards through Aeroplan estore [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2021 10:06 pm
[OP]
Mar 24, 2016
75 posts
238 upvotes

[Black Friday] 5X Aeroplan points when using Aeroplan Co-brand cards through Aeroplan estore [YMMV]

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 29, 2021
Retailer:
Aeroplan
Air Canada offering 5x the base points on Aeroplan Co-branded credit cards for all purchases through their estore.
The 5x bonus is in addition to the estore points. Not the best bonus for every store (YMMV) but can work well for the likes of Lenovo and such with an already health 10x estore points plus 5x points (upto 6.25AP/$1) on eligible credit card.
Offer valid from 25-29 November. Refer to the deal link for more details.
Images
  • Screenshot_20211125-004022_Chrome.jpg
22 replies
Jun 12, 2021
47 posts
14 upvotes
Is this for items purchased from the eStore or from retailers via the eStore shop now link?
Oct 6, 2020
208 posts
234 upvotes
SumoDomo wrote: Is this for items purchased from the eStore or from retailers via the eStore shop now link?
I think this is only applicable to purchases made through the selected affiliated retailers per terms below:
1Offer starts November 25, 2021 and ends November 29, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). During the Offer Period, the primary cardholder of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card (the "Account") will earn 5 additional Aeroplan points for every qualifying Aeroplan point earned on purchases charged to the Account and completed at www.aircanada.com/estore. The 5 additional Aeroplan points is based on the awarded 1 Aeroplan points earned for each $1.00 spent, excluding taxes, shipping fees, custom duties or any other types of surcharges. Returned items, refunds, rebates or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the Aeroplan points earned by the amount originally charged to your Account. No Aeroplan points will be awarded for transactions that initiate directly with any retailer. Secondary Cardholders are not eligible for this Offer. Aeroplan points will be credited within six (6) to eight (8) weeks from shipping date. Offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. Your Account must be in good standing to earn Aeroplan points. This limited time promotional offer will be in addition to any other offers available for your Account. This offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time. Your Account must be open and in good standing at the time the Aeroplan points are awarded and transferred to your Account. This Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Air Canada or Aeroplan in its sole discretion. For a list of Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Cards eligible for this Offer, please visit; aircanada.com/creditcards. Aeroplan Corporate Co-Branded credit cards are not eligible. For Aeroplan terms and conditions, please visit; aircanada.com/Aeroplan-termsandconditions.
Nov 28, 2007
214 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great deal! The bonus 5x means you're getting about 10% back in points (assuming you value it at 0.02/p). It's even better when you shop at places like Lenovo and you end up with at least 15x (5+10), which is 30% back in points.
SumoDomo wrote: Is this for items purchased from the eStore or from retailers via the eStore shop now link?
It should be for retailers as long as it's initiated through the eStore link.

This line in the T&C "No Aeroplan points will be awarded for transactions that initiate directly with any retailer" refers to transactions initiated directly on the retailer site, which means you're bypassing the eStore link and typing the retailer website into your address bar.
Nov 5, 2021
42 posts
26 upvotes
doraemon wrote: This is a great deal! The bonus 5x means you're getting about 10% back in points (assuming you value it at 0.02/p). It's even better when you shop at places like Lenovo and you end up with at least 15x (5+10), which is 30% back in points.

It should be for retailers as long as it's initiated through the eStore link.

This line in the T&C "No Aeroplan points will be awarded for transactions that initiate directly with any retailer" refers to transactions initiated directly on the retailer site, which means you're bypassing the eStore link and typing the retailer website into your address bar.
Nice pfp
Feb 24, 2021
23 posts
20 upvotes
I saw Apple has 5x bonus as well. Would that be a good deal then?
Jun 12, 2021
47 posts
14 upvotes
minjuIzone wrote: I saw Apple has 5x bonus as well. Would that be a good deal then?

Be careful since Aeroplan eStore typically excludes all of the newer products (I.e. MacBook Pro 14/16 and watch series 7, etc.)

But the 5x points should work theoretically, just not the 4x from the eStore
Feb 24, 2021
23 posts
20 upvotes
> Be careful since Aeroplan eStore typically excludes all of the newer products (I.e. MacBook Pro 14/16 and watch series 7, etc.)

Dammmmn I wanted the Pro 16 :/ Thats too bad then
Aug 25, 2010
118 posts
73 upvotes
SumoDomo is right. The terms are:
How to earn

Please note the following items are not eligible for the accumulation of Aeroplan points: MacBook Pro M1 and M1 Max 14-inch and 16-inch, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad (9th generation), all-new iPad mini, Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Pro Display XDR, gift cards, gift wrap, Apple Developer Programs, Employee Purchasing Programs and shipping. Orders purchased on the Government or Military and Veteran’s Stores are not eligible for additional Aeroplan points. Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale. Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.

Aeroplan points are issued by Aeroplan, not Apple. Sale amount does not include taxes or shipping and handling fees. Please allow 6-8 weeks for points crediting.

To earn Aeroplan points, you must complete your purchase during the same shopping session you start after clicking on the eStore link. If you visit other sites before completing your purchase, use a 3rd party browser extension, or use coupons not provided by eStore, you may not earn Aeroplan points on your purchase. If you disable cookies on your computer you will not be able to earn Aeroplan points, as cookies are used to authenticate you and allocate points to your account.
Bummer.
Nov 24, 2016
121 posts
44 upvotes
Surrey
Is this effectively 5 + 3 = 8pts/$ on all amazon purchases? (around 16% back in points)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1662 posts
1024 upvotes
awwww.. and I was just getting ready to buy the pro max 13... but thanks for the headsup...
Nov 24, 2011
51 posts
59 upvotes
SAINTE-FOY
Used it to buy an Apple Watch SE, but I'm not sure it worked... Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1736 posts
2113 upvotes
TORONTO
How does the aeroplan estore work? Just login to aeroplan account and click the estore link to go to Apple?
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Aug 12, 2008
142 posts
29 upvotes
Just to clarify two things:

1) Any DP on if this works with the Apple Refurb store?
2) The effective pts/$ would be 10? if an AP branded card were to be used? I have the AP reserve which is 1.25pt/$ so the effective bonus on a MBA Refurb ($1099+tax) would be:

AP Reserve points - 1.25pt/$
Apple AP estore - 5pt/$
E-store bonus - 5pt/$

Total - 11.25pts/$ or 12363 points??

EDIT: well i just bought one. So we shall find out!
Nov 28, 2007
214 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
hansdoreen wrote: How does the aeroplan estore work? Just login to aeroplan account and click the estore link to go to Apple?
Yes, this is no different than other similar sites that require you to go through their link like Rakuten (ebates) or Air Mile Shops.
azko wrote: 2) The effective pts/$ would be 10? if an AP branded card were to be used? I have the AP reserve which is 1.25pt/$ so the effective bonus on a MBA Refurb ($1099+tax) would be:

AP Reserve points - 1.25pt/$
Apple AP estore - 5pt/$
E-store bonus - 5pt/$

Total - 11.25pts/$ or 12363 points??

EDIT: well i just bought one. So we shall find out!
Yes, the math looks correct. You will also get a bonus 2x if you have Elite Status (you could have gotten 25K status if you completed the $10k spend offer on Aeroplan cards).
Aug 12, 2008
142 posts
29 upvotes
doraemon wrote: Yes, the math looks correct. You will also get a bonus 2x if you have Elite Status (you could have gotten 25K status if you completed the $10k spend offer on Aeroplan cards).
Nice! Don't have Elite status unfortunately, but 12k points aint no laughing matter for 1k in spending! Thx
Nov 24, 2016
121 posts
44 upvotes
Surrey
Do the bonus points show up in aeroplan activity or credit card statement? I can't seem to find the bonus points...
Jun 5, 2015
9 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wonder how they track the use of TD AP cards? I completed a purchase two days ago, and only received regular points today. Not sure when the extra 5X points will appear
Dec 10, 2006
675 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
grgxsyca wrote: I wonder how they track the use of TD AP cards? I completed a purchase two days ago, and only received regular points today. Not sure when the extra 5X points will appear
1Offer starts November 25, 2021 and ends November 29, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). During the Offer Period, the primary cardholder of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card (the "Account") will earn 5 additional Aeroplan points for every qualifying Aeroplan point earned on purchases charged to the Account and completed at www.aircanada.com/estore. The 5 additional Aeroplan points is based on the awarded 1 Aeroplan points earned for each $1.00 spent, excluding taxes, shipping fees, custom duties or any other types of surcharges. Returned items, refunds, rebates or other similar credits will reduce or cancel the Aeroplan points earned by the amount originally charged to your Account. No Aeroplan points will be awarded for transactions that initiate directly with any retailer. Secondary Cardholders are not eligible for this Offer. Aeroplan points will be credited within six (6) to eight (8) weeks from shipping date. Offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. Your Account must be in good standing to earn Aeroplan points. This limited time promotional offer will be in addition to any other offers available for your Account. This offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time. Your Account must be open and in good standing at the time the Aeroplan points are awarded and transferred to your Account. This Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Air Canada or Aeroplan in its sole discretion. For a list of Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Cards eligible for this Offer, please visit; aircanada.com/creditcards. Aeroplan Corporate Co-Branded credit cards are not eligible. For Aeroplan terms and conditions, please visit; aircanada.com/Aeroplan-termsandconditions.
Dec 10, 2006
675 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm wondering if the 5x will work even if estore excludes specific items. So if I buy an Iphone 13 for example, I get 0 estore bonus but the terms of the Co-branded credit card makes it seem like I will still get 5x bonus as long as I use the estore link and pay with an Aeroplan credit card